Hoppa: I put my Blues jersey in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Coffs Harbour still hasn't escaped us.
Really? The only time I have seen it referenced for some time is just now.

Last edited by a moderator:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What about the Morris boys playing injured during Origin and missing many weeks after for us?
I just can't blame anyone for wanting a $150,000 bonus on top of their salary each year - Re-Origin. I would chase that if it was offered to me and I would think you would too.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't blame anyone for wanting a $150,000 bonus on top of their salary each year - Re-Origin. I would chase that if it was offered to me and I would think you would too.
But that's hardly putting the club first is it which is a major part of the Hoppa criticism

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
a committed player with all his heart skipping sunday games is better than a non committed player who plays the entire 80 minutes every single game for last 3 years.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember when the likes of SBW and Ben "I want my mummy" Hannant were blasphemed by us on here for going about things the wrong way.

Here we have an example of a player who's not only done things the right way, but is also producing the best footy in our club.

Think what you want about his beliefs, but you can't hate on him considering all this. Eventually when all of this bites us in the ass come Sundays, you can blame the club for agreeing to such stupid terms.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
This shit still going? Kindly stfu and move on with it ffs! Everyone gets that he wants a footy players wage but picking and choosing when he plays.

NEEEEEEEXT!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can't have everything our way. If the club didn't agree to terms with him, we would probably be stuck with a right side combination made up of an out of form center in Tim Lafai and a rookie winger plus Sam Perrett at Fullback.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
a committed player with all his heart skipping sunday games is better than a non committed player who plays the entire 80 minutes every single game for last 3 years.
i.e Tony Williams lol

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
geez some people are so incredibly selfish

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks Mr I for regurgitating the Hoppa non playing Sunday stance debate albeit indirectly

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope Abbey can tread deep water instead of Perrett at #1

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is always a shame the only way you can pull time off work is if you are a smoker or you have a religion.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
lets see how much Hoppa love is around if Perret goes down for a few weeks after this week (he's already beat up) and say we lose all 3 games he's out for and the fill in fullback has 3 shockers......lets not forget there could be more games later in the year he could be out for when we need those extra few points and also semi final games & what if we get 10 Sunday games next year

As for the crap of oh but his heart is in the games he does play......get fucked! every other player out there (besides she wrecks) has just as much heart involved in those games....and the Sunday ones as well....and how do you know he even has his heart in those games? for all you know he could be out there singing show me the money or thinking of all the doors he's going to knock on next week

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see how much Hoppa love is around if Perret goes down for a few weeks after this week (he's already beat up) and say we lose all 3 games he's out for and the fill in fullback has 3 shockers......lets not forget there could be more games later in the year he could be out for when we need those extra few points and also semi final games & what if we get 10 Sunday games next year

As for the crap of oh but his heart is in the games he does play......get fucked! every other player out there (besides she wrecks) has just as much heart involved in those games....and the Sunday ones as well....and how do you know he even has his heart in those games? for all you know he could be out there singing show me the money or thinking of all the doors he's going to knock on next week
Do we know how much Hoppa is on? If he's on like 200k we are paying lower end wages for high end performance. I agree that the weeks he's off will be difficult especially if w3 lose. Luckily I think we play Tigers first which should be an easy win

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

calm down mate, if any nrl club offered you 1 million dollar of the salary cap, just to come and shake hands with players before the start of the game , you would happily take it plus no one in the entire fcken world would blame you for taking the money just to shake hands with players.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gees some people are hard to please. This article shows he is thankful to the club, and thinking of it not the $50k Origin bonus.

If not for us he'd be playing park footy.

He is in career best form at the moment, AND I'm sure some of that is due to being in a happy place.

and if his religious choices means he cannot commit to training required for Origin, it's a win for the team as he may be available for our games during the Origin period.

How is any of that bad?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Gallen 'I expect him to struggle to hold his position'
That shmuck woul have to be the most pig headed self centred wanker to ever play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.