Vossy’s Verdict: Bulldogs must get more minutes out of two key players to turn fortunes around

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its true we need to get more mintues out of them. I don't think its about putting them on the field for longer. The training staff need to get them fitter and stronger so they can pump out more mintues.

At the moment i don't think either player has the ability to play big mintues.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't have;

2 rotating hookers (50min/30min)
Drop Dorothy to the bench
Tweak our game plan

We will achieve sweet fuck all

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
You get that feeling we are playing the same type of football purely because Des wants to prove he's right rather then admit defeat and try something else.
Exactly why he has failed to deliver a premiership tbh.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm very worried about Vossy getting more games to commentate on Fox. He is dreadful.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm very worried about Vossy getting more games to commentate on Fox. He is dreadful.
Vossy is easier to listen to then the shit channel 9 have to offer with the hacks they have on air.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is hands down the bed commentator I reckon. Light and day between him and the other fox commentators and then light years between them and any commentator 9 dishes up.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not Klemmer and Kasiano who need more minutes, it's Graham and Tolman who need to pull their fat socks up and make more of an impact.

Klemmer and Kasiano are on the bench for a reason. They're there to provide impact during crucial periods of the game. The fact we need them more than usual on the field just goes to show how poor Tols, Graham and other forwards have been in attack this year.

Until that happens, we are going to play a lot more games like we did against the Titans and Warriors.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its true we need to get more mintues out of them. I don't think its about putting them on the field for longer. The training staff need to get them fitter and stronger so they can pump out more mintues.

At the moment i don't think either player has the ability to play big mintues.
well you are definitely wrong about klemmer, ive heard reports that he goes home after a fitness session and does more fitness and on days off he goes to spud carrolls gym to get more of a drilling in conditioning

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When he first went to fox he was pretty good. I think getting the flick from channel nine was a wake up call. But as he's settled into fox he's gone back to his old habits of talking crap at times and not focussing on the games

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well you are definitely wrong about klemmer, ive heard reports that he goes home after a fitness session and does more fitness and on days off he goes to spud carrolls gym to get more of a drilling in conditioning
Does all that fitness translate to more game time. No always. At the end of the day he is a big man and if he is giving 110% each time he is going to burn out quickly. Trex is a big man but only gives about 27.8% so he can last a whole game. Tolman is small so he can give 90-100% the whole time and still not burn out.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does all that fitness translate to more game time. No always. At the end of the day he is a big man and if he is giving 110% each time he is going to burn out quickly. Trex is a big man but only gives about 27.8% so he can last a whole game. Tolman is small so he can give 90-100% the whole time and still not burn out.
its called conditioning your body and yes it does LOL.. Klemmer could go close to 80, im almost positive of it

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kasiano should only be playing 40mins max. A 15 minute stint and 20 minute stint would be best

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its called conditioning your body and yes it does LOL.. Klemmer could go close to 80, im almost positive of it
I'll be happy to see it just to see how well he goes. Still his impact will be reduced.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des may just be pacing our 2 top impact forwards. Keeping them fresh. Its a long season. We need them there at the end most. They should probably get more minutes this week though, as we will need size vs Eels.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to see it just to see how well he goes. Still his impact will be reduced.
yes I agree with that, his impact will decrease undoubtedly.. but he will still have more impact than tolman with one leg tied up.. the good news is, for the first 6 rounds he has averaged 40min , but in round 7 his mins went up to 49mins and against the tits he played 55mins

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As long as we have onne forward(tolman) that stops our momentum and go forward in every set, put simply 'we are fukd'. When a forward pack gets a good roll on and quick play the balls, any average forward can keep it going and build that momentum and make good meters. Not Tolman, he is slow with his hit ups, he never bends the line, he stays up in the tackle going nowhere and allows the opposition to wrestle him amd he also plays the ball slow. It takes only one poor hit up to stop the roll on and momentum. He always gets dominated and it hurts us. What hurts more is that he takes two hit ups in a set which just kills my life ! Imo he should be moved on but if we are to keep him then bench him and bring him on in the last 15-20 minutes of each half when the other side tires a little bit and when we most leak points so he can tackle his ass off around the ruck. I would also play trex in the front row and make him take 10 hits ups each half so he can get his lazy ass into gear and see what hard work the boys do while he's holidaying out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.