Robinson: Shut Your Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Ben Cummins hates the Roosters according to Trent Robinson and his rant....

Yet, he got them to a Prelim last year...interesting

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is playing it smart, they have a losing record with him so they are basically forcing the nrl not to pick him to ref their games.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is playing it smart, they have a losing record with him so they are basically forcing the nrl not to pick him to ref their games.
I get that but Lol its funny coz theyve only won one game and either way score shouldve been 20-12 because one of them just wasn't a try and it wasn't even checked lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't Cecchin lead ref for that game though?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Oh no robbo the refs are against you are they? I'm sure you weren't bitching about them when you won the last 3 minor premierships aye? Old mate is a spastic.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cummins really did fuck them tonight, but it was mostly the bunker that came in and refereed the majority of the game.
I really don't blame Robinson, there were some bullshit calls tonight and someone had to finally stand up and tell everyone how it is.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robinson is a twat

Roosters scored off a forward pass which could of been seen from out of space and another try which was a clear knock on, which didn't go to the bunker even though picking your ass gets sent straight to the bunker

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Robinson is a twat

Roosters scored off a forward pass which could of been seen from out of space and another try which was a clear knock on, which didn't go to the bunker even though picking your ass gets sent straight to the bunker
100% right, that try that the roosters knocked on didn't even get a mention and trent is sooking fuck off you clown I hope you get 10k fined.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100% right, that try that the roosters knocked on didn't even get a mention and trent is sooking fuck off you clown I hope you get 10k fined.

what about their first try which was due to a 10 m forward pass from Jake Friend himself

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good idea by Robinson.. deflect any attention from potential pressure on his position, by blaming the refs.

The old "its not me it's you" approach.

Reactions: Izy

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talking Sport ( on the TV) dispelled at least one of the complaints that Robinson made. Both he and Jake friend maintained that Cummins did not look at the Roosters captain whilst he was speaking to him during the game, being very disrespectful , but they had a video clip which showed Cummins eyeballing ( in a good way) Friend by keeping direct and focussed eye contact with him the whole time he was talking to him ( This is one way in which people can diffuse a volatile situation) and in fact Friend actually looked away himself.
Cummins refereed only two competition games involving the Roosters last year ( lost Rd 13 vs. Sharks and won Rd 16 vs. Dragons) and in the finals first week (lost vs. Storm) all by narrow margins. I do know that they have made a rod for their own backs over the years with their tactics of deliberately giving away penalties to disrupt the flow of the game ensuring those ref cheat sheets got a good workout. Can't have it both ways fellas when things don't go 100% your way. Last year they were on the wrong end of penalty counts in a lot of games from other officials like Klein, Cecchin and I am talking something like 10-2 and 7-2 against and but still won majority of those games. This year the only game they have won was refereed by.....Ben Cummins. (the first of two times he has officiated their games)

As much as I feel our on field officials have got it wrong many times you cannot blame Cummins for the fact that the bunker got involved. He had not directly asked them to adjudicate but they did whenever they had the opportunity if they felt it was a reportable offence. An awful lot of things wrong in that game yesterday but not all of them went against the Roosters. Guess that Trent has just had enough and needed to vent his spleen and it was not as if what he said was not what a lot of others have pinpointed as a massive deficiency in the game. Referees are now unable to make the decisions on the field because they have the bunker at their beck and call. What did Slats say " Like the fact they now let kids uses calculators in a maths exam" meaning they second guess themselves. Just came across as a bit of a whiney bitch that all.

Last edited:

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Talking Sport ( on the TV) dispelled at least one of the complaints that Robinson made. Both he and Jake friend maintained that Cummins did not look at the Roosters captain whilst he was speaking to him during the game, being very disrespectful , but they had a video clip which showed Cummins eyeballing ( in a good way) Friend by keeping direct and focussed eye contact with him the whole time he was talking to him ( This is one way in which people can diffuse a volatile situation) and in fact Friend actually looked away himself.
Cummins refereed only two competition games involving the Roosters last year ( lost Rd 13 vs. Sharks and won Rd 16 vs. Dragons) and in the finals first week (lost vs. Storm) all by narrow margins. I do know that they have made a rod for their own backs over the years with their tactics of deliberately giving away penalties to disrupt the flow of the game ensuring those ref cheat sheets got a good workout. Can't have it both ways fellas when things don't go 100% your way. Last year they were on the wrong end of penalty counts in a lot of games from other officials like Klein, Cecchin and I am talking something like 10-2 and 7-2 against and but still won majority of those games.

As much as I feel our on field officials have got it wrong many times you cannot blame Cummins for the fact that the bunker got involved. He had not directly asked them to adjudicate but they did whenever they had the opportunity if they felt it was a reportable offence. An awful lot of things wrong in that game yesterday but not all of them went against the Roosters. Guess that Trent has just had enough and needed to vent his spleen and it was not as if what he said was not what a lot of others have pinpointed as a massive deficiency in the game. Referees are now unable to make the decisions on the field because they have the bunker at their beck and call. What did Slats say " Like the fact they now let kids uses calculators in a maths exam" meaning they second guess themselves. Just came across as a bit of a whiney bitch that all.
Also he reffed last years semi against us

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good idea by Robinson.. deflect any attention from potential pressure on his position, by blaming the refs.

The old "its not me it's you" approach.
That's a good point. He would sacrifice 10-20K for that too.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's a good point. He would sacrifice 10-20K for that too.
Imagine if they levied a fine for every inappropriate comment ( NRL perception of the press conference) he uttered yesterday

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"We didn't expect to win, we expected to be given the chance to win"

Forward pass = try = your cheating chance. Piss, whinge, moan yada yada...

He did raise some valid points though, and had the balls to call the refs out - something most coaches out there will stand and applaud him for.

Fck the NRL

Reactions: Izy

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-...ams-bunker-referee-after-dragons-loss/7356578

Robinson says ref has issues with Roosters

Robinson said his side were denied a fair chance to win the game because of the call against Napa. He said Cummins had ongoing issues with the Roosters.

"Ben has been horrible and disrespectful to our players for many years and it has continued," Robinson said.

"We have had a good high percentage win rate until this year ... he speaks poorly to our players. He won't look them in the eye.

"The way that he spoke to (captain) Jake (Friend) during the game was unacceptable."

The Roosters have won just seven of 36 penalty counts under Cummins. Friend said Cummins refused to talk to him about refereeing decisions.

I bet if we looked at penalty counts all up over the last three years they would very rarely end up in their favour. It has been an ongoing problem for them so would that not mean that all referees have been " horrible and disrespectful" and have 'ongoing issues' with them.

According to the NRL rule book a referee only has to tell a captain why a decision was made not have a ten minute debate as to the rights and wrongs of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.