Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Respect to Hoppa

The guys is an absolute champion

Tryscoring, TrySaving, Try Assists and support play the guy has done it all so far this year

It was a masterstroke to release Lafai to secure Hoppa

Hes consistent at a high level in everything he does

And has the footy smarts which our halves are lacking
When you put it that way you're right lol and considering laf was missing every week im learning ( i still dont agree with the decision by the club ) that hoppa missing a few sundays still works out better .

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Letting him do the Sundays thing probably makes him happy and also keen to make up for it in the games he does play. So Hoppa playing excellent in all but Sunday games is better than him playing crap in every match if made to play Sundays like at Eels. So ill take it. But i would think for sure he would be able to play a GF if we make it surely.
We need him and if he does play GF dosent that make him a hypocrite

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he's been great .. But if he refuses to play the GF it will still be considered a poor signing IN MY OPINION

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This all means shit when it comes to sundays .
Yes his been great but comes sundays and finals he is not there .
Gotta win to get to finals first and helping us win

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Letting him do the Sundays thing probably makes him happy and also keen to make up for it in the games he does play. So Hoppa playing excellent in all but Sunday games is better than him playing crap in every match if made to play Sundays like at Eels. So ill take it. But i would think for sure he would be able to play a GF if we make it surely.
this

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has already taken out a full year (or was it 2?) of RL pay check for religion. I would be very surprised if he played in semis/gf if we made it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably more of a sinner. Wonder how many 'Hail Marys" and 'Our Fathers" he will have to do before he is forgiven.

On the other hand on good confessional session might just do it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh maybe, but im thinking the GF is a one of. I get if he plays one Sunday during the year he'd be expected to play all of them, but the GF is only 1 Sunday. I dunno. Its a dilemma. It comes down to what i said before, would we rather have him playing awesome all year except Sundays, or Lafai playing average every week

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh maybe, but im thinking the GF is a one of. I get if he plays one Sunday during the year he'd be expected to play all of them, but the GF is only 1 Sunday. I dunno. Its a dilemma. It comes down to what i said before, would we rather have him playing awesome all year except Sundays, or Lafai playing average every week
Lets worry about r9 first in April before talk finals in sept

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fearless under the high ball.
Do they play semi finals on Sunday's?

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are well below playing in a Grand Final. At the moment we are looking at making bottom 4 of the 8. So I am not too concerned about Hoppa not playing Sundays. I believe he is playing well because in his mind being granted Sundays off means he is honouring his Gods wishes. As mentioned above I don't think Des was planning to play him at Fullback he was replacing Lafai in the Centres which he could share with Stanley.
If Hoppa helps us make a Grand Final as much as I would prefer he play I am happy to let him sit it out. After all if his heart is not in it he won't play well and may even cost us the game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Was always happy to have him come to the club as I thought that his talent was always there. Still do not support him or the club with his religious card. Him playing well makes the decision even worse, imagine making it to the GF only for your best option at FB sitting on the sidelines...healthy....and based on his cult....not even watching!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
At first I thought there was no difference between Lafai & Hoppa, Just paying Hoppa more.
I couldn't be happier with his form.
With both Brett Morris & Hoppa available, Who stays in the 1? Personally, Id leave him at the back.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
At first I thought there was no difference between Lafai & Hoppa, Just paying Hoppa more.
I couldn't be happier with his form.
With both Brett Morris & Hoppa available, Who stays in the 1? Personally, Id leave him at the back.
Hopa fullback Bmoz wing and perrett centre cause he likes to play there lol.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Easily our best player.

I honestly reckon Hoppa would make a better half than Reynolds or Mbye right now. His kicking game put theirs to shame last Saturday.

Our team is going to feel the pinch on Sundays...

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
When you put it that way you're right lol and considering laf was missing every week im learning ( i still dont agree with the decision by the club ) that hoppa missing a few sundays still works out better .
What's this about Lafai going missing every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.