60 Minutes crew arrested after Child Abduction attempt in Lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having read through the posts in this thread, one viewpoint in particular that I agree with is that or Mr Invisible's. The reality is, channel 9 will ensure that public perception is swayed by victimising both the journalists and the mother. Other media outlets have already begun labelling the mother a victim in all of this, with the father being alluded to as the antagonist in this whole scenario.

The reality is, that based on media reports, it seems as if the father has done little to no wrong. Taking his children to Lebanon was a reactionary step, having failed to mediate reasonable custodial terms with the mother, whilst also finding out about some potential threats to the children.

It is my opinion that the mother, alongside Channel 9's journalists and associates (Children Recovery Group) are at fault, and should not have been let off as easily by the Lebanese Government. I, being of Lebanese heritage (studying law in Australia, but have observed first-hand the legal procedures in Lebanon whilst holidaying in Lebanon) am fully aware of the persuasiveness of money in the Lebanese legal system. The media has been reporting a lump sum payment being made to the husband for him to drop charges, which has been rejected by the father. The payment that has been alleged by the media was most probably made to some form of relevant authorities in Lebanon that had large sway in the matter. Channel 9 and all parties associated with them have been let off easily, and NOT the good guys in this situation. Please do not let any 'media' outlets' misinformation persuade you.

The worst part about all of this is, Channel 9 will make a fortune out of the eventual 60 Minutes program that will revolve around this fiasco. Unbelievable how we as a society do not understand that viewing these abominations only further the likelihood of Channel 9 doing a stunt like this again. The law should not and quite simply cannot be taken into one's own hands, and I am disgusted as an Australian with Lebanese blood that Lebanon have folded over so easily to what is a crime none other than kidnapping (regardless of the context). Revenge kidnapping does not amount to warranted kidnapping.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
heard the father on 2GB radio.....his side of the story is way different to what we have been told by media and channel 9 here.

ffs, talk about manipulating the truth.

The bloke would have made his wife rot in a Lebanese prison but not only he has dropped charges but also allowed her to see her children when ever and where ever she wants except Australia.

and where did people hear that the father got 1 million dollar compensation money from??? no money has exchanged hands as per the wife's lawyers nor the father himself.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The father is a jerk, he got what he wanted, he got his children and got a million from the duds that are 60 minutes now he is lying about not receiving the money,

He lied to the mother of the children when he took the kids to Lebanon and is lying now.

The only victims are the children

The entire thing is grubby

The father is grubby in what he did and is continuing to do

And 60 minutes are grubby in the entire way they handled everything, but mostly how they paid to save themself but are happy to leave the young men they paid to take the kids to rot in jail

The biggest victims are the kids

The biggest grubs are the parents

The mother and father depending on who's media reports you want to believe are both scum also,

I tend to think the truth is some where in the middle,

Both sets of stories are believable

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The father is a jerk, he got what he wanted, he got his children and got a million from the duds that are 60 minutes now he is lying about not receiving the money,

He lied to the mother of the children when he took the kids to Lebanon and is lying now.

And 60 minutes are grubby in the entire way they handled everything, but mostly how they paid to save themself but are happy to leave the young men they paid to take the kids to rot in jail

The biggest losers are the kids

The biggest grubs are the children,

The mother and father depending on who's media reports you want to believe are both scum also,

The biggest losers are the kids

The biggest grubs are the children,

Are they fat ?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
would too
So there

But in saying that
I didn't call the mother
Aussie mum

So you could be right

I gave the Leb extra respect by aknowledging he is a Leb

I disrespected the Aussie mum by failing to acknowledge she is an Aussie

Glad we got that all sorted.
Youre a cute **** Skippy lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So essentially it's "he said / she said"...
I suspect it will always be that way,
Like most thing, no doubt the truth is in the middle somewhere,

If what he said is true, the I applaude him, and hope shake my head at the mum, and think she is trash,

And if what she says is true, as has been reported, then I think he is a grub,

If the truth is in the middle, they are both losers

Either way, the kids are the inocent losers out of it all,

I wish them all the very best,

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
heard the father on 2GB radio.....his side of the story is way different to what we have been told by media and channel 9 here.

ffs, talk about manipulating the truth.

The bloke would have made his wife rot in a Lebanese prison but not only he has dropped charges but also allowed her to see her children when ever and where ever she wants except Australia.

and where did people hear that the father got 1 million dollar compensation money from??? no money has exchanged hands as per the wife's lawyers nor the father himself.
Are you getting reeled in too? Lol..
Dr Jamal Rifi said that the Leb father ;) got a large sum of money (spoke about it on sunrise)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dr Jamal Rifi said that the Leb father ;) got a large sum of money (spoke about it on sunrise)
I saw an interview where the father was coy about taking money
Didn't deny it, and said he would gladly take money,

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he thought she was not a suitable mother for his children, why did he decide to have children with her?

There is no evidence to suggest the mother is not a suitable mother,
There is nothing wrong with the Australian way of life,
The Lebanese way of life is not superior to that of the Australian way of life,

The children deserve to have their mother in their life, and the mother deserves to be with her children

The father is a lying scum bag,

60 minutes are worse,

The mother and children are the only victims out of all of this,
Skip I like ya but really, I've had enough of your shit for now,
No one said anything about superiority, and no one thinks they are superior to anyone here don't try and make this something it isn't.

When you would be comfortable with your 5yr old saying dad makes mummy's boyfriend sometimes sleeps with us come back and talk to me

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I suspect it will always be that way,
Like most thing, no doubt the truth is in the middle somewhere,

If what he said is true, the I applaude him, and hope shake my head at the mum, and think she is trash,

And if what she says is true, as has been reported, then I think he is a grub,

If the truth is in the middle, they are both losers

Either way, the kids are the inocent losers out of it all,

I wish them all the very best,

i think both played a very smart game here.

maybe in reality there is no issue between the husband and wife cos you can see husband was quick to let the wife off from the charges and was very easy on her but insisted that 60 minute crew stayed in jail. Channel 9 paid a million dollars , husband and wife get together and get million dollar richer due to the stupidity of 60 minutes.

brilliant plot for a movie.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

since when did you start taking Jamal Rifi's word as gospels?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Skip I like ya but really, I've had enough of your shit for now,
No one said anything about superiority, and no one thinks they are superior to anyone here don't try and make this something it isn't.

When you would be comfortable with your 5yr old saying dad makes mummy's boyfriend sometimes sleeps with us come back and talk to me
Do we know for fact that actually happens?
Or are we just believing the fathers side of the story to slander the mother?

It's come to light there is 2 versions of events to this story,
His version, where she is portrayed as a Australian slut

And her version where he is portrayed as an evil opotunist,

Up until tonight, I had only hard her side,

In light of recent posts on the kennel it appears possible that her side may or may not be accurate,

I'm not forming any more opinions on either till I know the real truth, that may or may not ever come to light,

What I do know is the children are the only people to lose out

In regards to my comment, they are made in direct response to some racist comments made

Read back through the thread to find them

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
since when did you start taking Jamal Rifi's word as gospels?
Probably around the same time you took your sources of information as gospel,

Let's face it, there are 2 sides of this story being reported,

People are going to chose to believe what ever side suits their own agenda or bias,

We really don't know the truth as none of us are directly involved,

At this very moment my perception has changed from siding with the mother to not knowing what to believe, but assuming the truth lies in the middle,

The children are the only people to lose out, at the end of the day,

The entire situation is very grubby,

And Tara brown and her crew should face criminal charges in Australia for something,

Surely what they did is illegal practice

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i think both played a very smart game here.

maybe in reality there is no issue between the husband and wife cos you can see husband was quick to let the wife off from the charges and was very easy on her but insisted that 60 minute crew stayed in jail. Channel 9 paid a million dollars , husband and wife get together and get million dollar richer due to the stupidity of 60 minutes.

brilliant plot for a movie.
Lol, you never know, but wouldn't it make an awesome movie story line, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.