60 Minutes crew arrested after Child Abduction attempt in Lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if I choose to work after I have kids and have my mother in law or mother look after them while I work, that would make me a bad mother? Really?
It depends at what stage of their lives you decided to work full time .
In the early years children are learning so much from their primary carers ,would you trust other people to instil your values in them?
Plus Small children in particular long to be with their parents and i think its an injustice to deny them your time.
Personally yes I think it's selfish but that's just my opinion.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last year, a father I know ended up in court trying to plead his innocence because the mother ran out of options whilst trying to gain full custody, she claimed he sexually abused his own daughter.
Now, if it were true, it would have come to light much sooner in the custody battle, not when she realised she was losing.
This of course is bloody infuriating because in Aus, the second a man is accused of a sexual act without a single trace of fact or evidence, he's automatically guilty till he proves himself innocent by some miracle chance. Because lets be honest, how do you prove something didn't happen when your assumed guilty without evidence? It's damn near impossible.
Anywho, the second she accused him, the court ordered 1 visit a month that was supervised at all times. Outside the courtroom, he told the police she was unlicensed and his daughter wasn't even in a child seat as she jumped into her car, cops couldn't give less a fuck, they let her go and started harassing him.

18months later, he finally proved his innocence, god knows how, only after his daughter ended up in hospital and realised the mother was a junkie who neglected her the entire time. Even though that's what he was telling the court the entire time! She only wanted custody for the fucking centrelink payments.

These stories occur every single day, and not a damn thing will be changed till enough children are harmed or killed because the law sides with the mother, no matter what the case.
Whilst I sympathize with this person, to say that mother somehow automatically get custody no matter what is not factual and further drives gender division.

Plenty of fathers out there have joint and dole custody of their kids.

For every nutty or abusive mother I'm sure there is an abusive or deadbeat dad.

A shit parent is a shit parent.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends at what stage of their lives you decided to work full time .
In the early years children are learning so much from their primary carers ,would you trust other people to instil your values in them?
Plus Small children in particular long to be with their parents and i think its an injustice to deny them your time.
Personally yes I think it's selfish but that's just my opinion.
So its selfish that I need to work to provide the best that I can for my kids and keep a roof over their head?
So I'm supposed to rely on their father's pay to be able to feed them?
I trust my mother in law and my mother. My mother raised me well and I'd be more than happy for them to instil their values into them. If anything they would benefit from it as they would adapt to their cultures.
But that's beside the point. I just can't see how you're denying them time when you're busting your ass working to provide the best things you can for them.
Are you saying it is better to sit on the dole and raise them that way?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wowsers, so having your own mum and dad help raise your kids is bad parenting these days?

They are the children's GRAND mother and GRAND father, not randoms you know...

Looks like we Ethnic and some Islander people are bad parents or going do be bad parents because we have our family to help take care of our kids and put the same values we grew up with into their heads...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So its selfish that I need to work to provide the best that I can for my kids and keep a roof over their head?
I trust my mother in law and my mother. My mother raised me well and I'd be more than happy for them to instil their values into them. If anything they would benefit from it as they would adapt to their cultures.
But that's beside the point. I just can't see how you're denying them time when you're busting your ass working to provide the best things you can for them.
Also on denying the time, you are giving the kids as much time as they have with their grand parents and family which some people forget is important.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

just cos me and and my wife dont want to be bad parents, we both have quit our jobs and not only that but we have taken our kids off the school and doing home schooling, so we can look after our kids 24/7.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just cos me and and my wife dont want to be bad parents, we both have quit our jobs and not only that but we have taken our kids off the school and doing home schooling, so we can look after our kids 24/7.
You pulling my leg?

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also on denying the time, you are giving the kids as much time as they have with their grand parents and family which some people forget is important.
Exactly. I used to love going to my grandparents. I just can't understand how that's defined as neglect though?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@indiandog said that rape was legal in marriages under Australian law , I refuted it and lol'd it because its sounded unbelievable .
I don't know why you guys are so highly strung about it anyway
Oh, I see what's happened here. It's how the comment was read.
ID said "just like you can rape your wife in Australia" and you read it as "it's allowed". I think he meant "it's possible" as in you can commit rape against your wife in Australia, some other countries it would be legal ?
Cool.
I just thought you were some kind of crazy bitch, that thinks that being raped by you're husband, wasn't a crime. Lol.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. I used to love going to my grandparents. I just can't understand how that's defined as neglect though?
I haven't even seen any of my grandparents yet, only my mums mum is with us and she aches to see my brother and I.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, I see what's happened here. It's how the comment was read.
ID said "just like you can rape your wife in Australia" and you read it as "it's allowed". I think he meant "it's possible" as in you can commit rape against your wife in Australia, some other countries it would be legal ?
Cool.
I just thought you were some kind of crazy bitch, that thinks that being raped by you're husband, wasn't a crime. Lol.

you are a cracker Bad Billy!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Neglect = abuse.

Providing for your family is not abuse. He's working and feeding two kids, with a successful business.

On the flipside is a mother who just gave birth to another child to another partner, and is happy to dump that child with the new partner whilst she pisses off overseas and gets herself locked up for child abduction, whilst emotionally and mentally scarring the very kids she was trying to get, by having a memory of them being grabbed off the streets and bundled into a van play through their heads for the rest of their lives.

Not to mention organising the child abduction and being party to the crime.
Not to mention she was TOLD by a JUDGE .. ONLY THIS WEEK, to work something out with her ex.

Yep... great mother right there. I hope DOCS removes the current toddler from her care.

Honest question - are you trolling?

Brought up does not mean looked after.

Both my brother and his wife, and sister and her husband have full time jobs. My Mum & Dad look after their kids on the odd occassion.

Heck I'm sure when you are working late shifts there are times your husband can't look after your kids.
I'm not trolling and I'm not judging

but I'll put it this way

'who's job is it to raise children?
Is it the grand parents job? ? The nanny's job? , child care ? School? Tv?
(Everyone is so defensive , get over yourselves )

Ultimately it's the parents job to raise their children .

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So your mother raised you?

Status
Not open for further replies.