Is anyone else as annoyed with Lichaa?

Is Lichaa getting to dummy half enough, or is it all in my head?

• No, He doesn't get to dummy half enough

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, it is all in your head

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he is just lacking confidence, he has darted out of dummy half once or twice and immediately stops and looks to pass with no one supporting instead of taking the defence on and getting a quick play the ball. he doesn't get out of dummy enough to allow his team mates to believe that he is a good player to support. I think he is getting better, he had one or two darts in the warriors game, and got out to start the movement that led to Hollands try at the end of the first half. We need to see more of this

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to defend Lichaa and even thought the Ennis swap was the right move (with all things considered - like the future).

However I am quickly losing patience. He is slow, his passing is really ordinary (especially to one side, I think it was left?) and he doesn't seem capable of playing 80 mins like just about every other hooker is expected to do.

You can say whatever you want about the structure that Des implements, but that doesn't make Lichaa's service shitty.

Yeah ok he can defend, but so what? That is half the job.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to defend Lichaa and even thought the Ennis swap was the right move (with all things considered - like the future).

However I am quickly losing patience. He is slow, his passing is really ordinary (especially to one side, I think it was left?) and he doesn't seem capable of playing 80 mins like just about every other hooker is expected to do.

You can say whatever you want about the structure that Des implements, but that doesn't make Lichaa's service shitty.

With Des's structure it s even more important to have good service from dummy half.

His left side passing ins't up to NRL standard I cant believe he made it to this level with such a major deficiency.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Im in the same boat as you. I was excited to see Licha come over and thought it was the right choice.

The teams structure has nothing to do with Lichas ability. No speed, no acceleration, sloppy service. He is definitely in the bottom half of hookers in the comp, and the lower half of that group as well.

His defence is spoken of highly on the kennel but i have seen forwards make massive metres through Lichas this year. He appears to do a decent amount of work but it is of poor quality,

I hope we are not planning to build around him. Hopefully we go for a new hooker once his contract is up

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
These threads keep singling out individual players - but at the end of the day it's the team in general that is just playing poorly.

One problem in the engine will eventually spread to the rest of it. Des is to blame for that too. The only player I can't fault this year is Will Hopoate. He's been our best by far week in and out. And we are going to lose him on Sundays.

2016 shaping to be a fantastic year for the Bulldogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.