pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something and someone has to give.

It's time canterbury done it's dirty laundry

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like how you don't give a "settle the fuck down and accept the fact that every club is competing to win" option in the poll. It makes this poll representative of only the disgruntled fans here. It's like the liberal party printing ballot papers and excluding the labour party and every party that allotted their preferences to labour.

Now i look at the fact that a club has been found cheating the salary cap while winning consecutive wooden spoons and it makes me think that if we're complying with the cap and having trouble recruiting the players some fans would like then just maybe we are doing well to be among the most competitive teams at the business end of the season every year. We won't win every game and maybe it upsets people that our style isn't flashy. The warriors always try flashy football and some years they would be frustrating to support. Other years they would be very exciting, but without consulting the record books i'll ask when they last won a premiership? We play a percentage game. The premiership that Bennett won at the Broncos was won with a similar style but probably even less flair than we play with. The major thing we lack is a strong kicking game such as we see from the milkman Soward.

The days when a team with strong finances could dominate the league for decades ended with the introduction of the salary cap. Now these well financed teams have to rely on recruiting the best coaching staff (which i think we have), building great facilities (which i think we have) and hoping that the players thewy want will join the team when teams that will cheat can throw better money their way.

I can barely stand all the dummy spitting that is taking place on the kennell right now.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how you don't give a "settle the fuck down and accept the fact that every club is competing to win" option in the poll. It makes this poll representative of only the disgruntled fans here. It's like the liberal party printing ballot papers and excluding the labour party and every party that allotted their preferences to labour.

Now i look at the fact that a club has been found cheating the salary cap while winning consecutive wooden spoons and it makes me think that if we're complying with the cap and having trouble recruiting the players some fans would like then just maybe we are doing well to be among the most competitive teams at the business end of the season every year. We won't win every game and maybe it upsets people that our style isn't flashy. The warriors always try flashy football and some years they would be frustrating to support. Other years they would be very exciting, but without consulting the record books i'll ask when they last won a premiership? We play a percentage game. The premiership that Bennett won at the Broncos was won with a similar style but probably even less flair than we play with. The major thing we lack is a strong kicking game such as we see from the milkman Soward.

The days when a team with strong finances could dominate the league for decades ended with the introduction of the salary cap. Now these well financed teams have to rely on recruiting the best coaching staff (which i think we have), building great facilities (which i think we have) and hoping that the players thewy want will join the team when teams that will cheat can throw better money their way.

I can barely stand all the dummy spitting that is taking place on the kennell right now.
Your concerns have been noted, thankyou

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your concerns have been noted, thankyou
Im not concerned at all, but thanks your smart ass attitude has been noted.

I think that we're still adjusting this year and that we will improve. Lichaa in game 1 looked like he had improved loads, our attack had momentum based on the fact that he was allowing it to flow from dummy half by getting the ball to players who had some momentum. He has come back from injury and has taken ten steps backwards. The forwards know right now that if they run too early they will over-run his ability to pass to them, our backs are forced to wait on the forwards to gain momentum to start their runs and as a result we are looking poor. I know Lichaa has it in him to improve again. Our attack will flow better when he does. He is link 1 in our chain of attack so him being in poor form means our attack suffers from the start, it allows defenses to rush us and gives us little room to move. Sacking staff who don't take to the field will not improve our service from dummy half.

We had a similar problem when Garvey had his first game with us. It's not entirely the fault of Lichaa or Garvey that we're in poor form. We do need to make some changes on field. Like many i'd like to see our attacking line form with depth, better support play and urgency with our kick chase. But it's not like it's hit a point in the season when we should be reaching our peak. We're still in the 8 and we haven't really played consistently yet. Not a bad position to be in. I'll start spitting the dummy about our year if we get to the halfway mark and haven't improved.

I could understand people calling for the sackings of board members, coaching staff and players if we weren't making an impact once finals hit, but we are. I get the feeling that if we won the GF this year by a field goal that people on here would be saying we should sack players because we didn't run away with the game and win by 40 points. I'm aware of the fact that people think my optimistic attitude is not helpful, but if the team take up the same pessimism that we are seeing on this forum then we might as well go and ask the NRL to hand us the wooden spoon this week as a foregone conclusion. The team needs to develop a winning attitude, and i think that we've done well to pull some games out of the fire this year. Each of these wins is going to contribute more to self belief than a 30 point win against a weak opponent.

Reynolds is a player who at times frustrates me. But i know that if we are 4 points behind with 5 seconds left on the clock and we don't have the ball that he hasn't given up yet. He might make a shoulder charge that gets him suspended but he will try to dislodge that ball if he can and give us that chance to attack and bring the game home. I want to see that kind of hope from our fans. At the moment the bulk of what i am reading tells me that we're full of She-Rex style fans. I look at Williams and see a player who plays well when the rest of the team fires, but who won't do much to try and inspire the rest of the team if we're playing poorly.

So criticise my attitude if you want, but i'm always going to be proud to be a fan who keeps cheering the team. If my cheering can give them one ounce ofself belief then i have done my job as a fan. You support the team in your own way. I'm not saying you are a bad fan for being critical of things but i have trouble respecting pessimism on a grand scale like i'm seeing this year.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky in the belmore area you have halal kfc, mcds, Chinese restaurants etc. we got fuk all here in Auckland.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not concerned at all, but thanks your smart ass attitude has been noted.

I think that we're still adjusting this year and that we will improve. Lichaa in game 1 looked like he had improved loads, our attack had momentum based on the fact that he was allowing it to flow from dummy half by getting the ball to players who had some momentum. He has come back from injury and has taken ten steps backwards. The forwards know right now that if they run too early they will over-run his ability to pass to them, our backs are forced to wait on the forwards to gain momentum to start their runs and as a result we are looking poor. I know Lichaa has it in him to improve again. Our attack will flow better when he does. He is link 1 in our chain of attack so him being in poor form means our attack suffers from the start, it allows defenses to rush us and gives us little room to move. Sacking staff who don't take to the field will not improve our service from dummy half.

We had a similar problem when Garvey had his first game with us. It's not entirely the fault of Lichaa or Garvey that we're in poor form. We do need to make some changes on field. Like many i'd like to see our attacking line form with depth, better support play and urgency with our kick chase. But it's not like it's hit a point in the season when we should be reaching our peak. We're still in the 8 and we haven't really played consistently yet. Not a bad position to be in. I'll start spitting the dummy about our year if we get to the halfway mark and haven't improved.

I could understand people calling for the sackings of board members, coaching staff and players if we weren't making an impact once finals hit, but we are. I get the feeling that if we won the GF this year by a field goal that people on here would be saying we should sack players because we didn't run away with the game and win by 40 points. I'm aware of the fact that people think my optimistic attitude is not helpful, but if the team take up the same pessimism that we are seeing on this forum then we might as well go and ask the NRL to hand us the wooden spoon this week as a foregone conclusion. The team needs to develop a winning attitude, and i think that we've done well to pull some games out of the fire this year. Each of these wins is going to contribute more to self belief than a 30 point win against a weak opponent.

Reynolds is a player who at times frustrates me. But i know that if we are 4 points behind with 5 seconds left on the clock and we don't have the ball that he hasn't given up yet. He might make a shoulder charge that gets him suspended but he will try to dislodge that ball if he can and give us that chance to attack and bring the game home. I want to see that kind of hope from our fans. At the moment the bulk of what i am reading tells me that we're full of She-Rex style fans. I look at Williams and see a player who plays well when the rest of the team fires, but who won't do much to try and inspire the rest of the team if we're playing poorly.

So criticise my attitude if you want, but i'm always going to be proud to be a fan who keeps cheering the team. If my cheering can give them one ounce ofself belief then i have done my job as a fan. You support the team in your own way. I'm not saying you are a bad fan for being critical of things but i have trouble respecting pessimism on a grand scale like i'm seeing this year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WOW. Brilliant. I really admire the way that people with little idea on how to communicate feel the need to post rubbish like this thread. If you work on your intelligence levels then maybe one day you will be able to debate a point instead of just dishing out criticism.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. Brilliant. I really admire the way that people with little idea on how to communicate feel the need to post rubbish like this thread. If you work on your intelligence levels then maybe one day you will be able to debate a point instead of just dishing out criticism.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raelene is easily the biggest problem she makes everything else besides winning football a priority and it has infected he rest of the club.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
tbf there should be a nobody option too, alan's right in that regard

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Another dopey "sack (insert name)" thread. If we win the GF this year will all these people admit they were wrong? I doubt it.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Raelene is easily the biggest problem she makes everything else besides winning football a priority and it has infected he rest of the club.
Thats her job though, she shouldn't be involved in the on field stuff, thats Des and co`s job.

On another note OP forgot to add a sack the Cleaner, Ball Boy and Groundman option in the poll. I think the problem stems from there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats her job though, she shouldn't be involved in the on field stuff, thats Des and co`s job.

On another note OP forgot to add a sack the Cleaner, Ball Boy and Groundman option in the poll. I think the problem stems from there.
It may not be her job but decisions shes made over the last few years certainly have effected us winning games. Look at her moving the game last weekend for a money grab over in NZ on a 5 day turn around.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
It may not be her job but decisions shes made over the last few years certainly have effected us winning games. Look at her moving the game last weekend for a money grab over in NZ on a 5 day turn around.
it was the wrong move to go to NZ but here are a few things to consider:

-->we do have a strong fanbase in NZ
-->iirc teams have to take one home game away from home every year according to the NRL
-->there is a large chance it's the fault of the draw not the club that we had the five day turnaround
-->we won that game (vs warriors in nz) regularly over the past few years

Status
Not open for further replies.