Trent Hodkinson contract saga: Josh Jackson and Josh Morris want halfback to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was the first time I have watched the knights play this year and after hearing during the pre season that Nathan Brown was going to give Hodkinson basically a free reign to run the side, he didn't get involved during the first half apart from a few kicks until the 36th min when he set up Sims.

Mullen was running the show, he seems to either command the ball or the players are instructed to give him first option.

But Hodko did play well overall good luck to him. Early on it looked like Brooks and Moses were going to lead the tigers to a big win but they went quiet especially brooks.

I think Moses is going to be a special player when he bulks up a bit , I'd rather we chase him than Brooks .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just like to remind everyone they are only just above roosters in second last on ladder. Hardly a feat worthy of celebration and a mass fap fest over a broken player. Let's revise this one around finals time when he has an early start to his holidays

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not only was he injured last year he has been injury prone throughout his time with us. The player we should have kept was Sezer, but Kevin Moore saw more in Keating. So we kept Keating instead. Go figure.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The number of good games Hodkinson played for us after his return in 2013 can be counted on one hand.

Releasing him was the right option.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hokko has one hand decent game and all of a sudden "shouldn't of let him go'

fkn hell ambulance chasers or what!
I thought the same exact thing. Knights get their first win of the year (just) and now we want hod back. Ridiculous. Just like sezur. He had 1 good game this year and they also cried we let him go too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hodko's bombs look about 10m higher this season lol.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The number of good games Hodkinson played for us after his return in 2013 can be counted on one hand.

Releasing him was the right option.
You must have one big hand there.

Ok let's see how far we get without someone who can convert tries ..

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hodko is a good footballer, no doubt about it; but he was running on one leg and just couldn't do the business. Even his goal kicking went sour.

Personally I think it was a good decision to let him go. IMO when the same happens to Josh Reynolds and Tony Williams we will have a much more functional team..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like to remind everyone they are only just above roosters in second last on ladder. Hardly a feat worthy of celebration and a mass fap fest over a broken player. Let's revise this one around finals time when he has an early start to his holidays
He's been fixed

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought the same exact thing. Knights get their first win of the year (just) and now we want hod back. Ridiculous. Just like sezur. He had 1 good game this year and they also cried we let him go too.
Sezer isnt just about his 1 good game, the guy has a great kicking game consistently (which is pretty much non existent in our current squad) a Sezer Mbye combo would take us to another level IMO

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You must have one big hand there.

Ok let's see how far we get without someone who can convert tries ..

Trent's goal kicking last year wasn't much better than Mbye's this year. He had a shocker of a year with the boot.

Even if he were kicking better, it's no reason to keep him in the halves. It's such an important position, and he was playing poorly.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent's goal kicking last year wasn't much better than Mbye's this year. He had a shocker of a year with the boot.

Even if he were kicking better, it's no reason to keep him in the halves. It's such an important position, and he was playing poorly.
Ok we'll see in a few weeks time when the season starts panning out.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have the people crying about us letting him go watched any Newcastle games this year?? He has been horrible.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only positive for Trent is that 16/16. Still does not get overly involved in the play and his form other than kicking wise is much the same as last year.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't regret letting Hodko go but how come he has gone back to nailing every conversion now? We could have used that.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do these people who declare all our ex players leaving are killing it at other clubs ever actually watch other clubs games? Remember one game doesn't make a season. I could probably dig up a game that makes Heka Nanai look like Brett Morris if you want and then everyone can complain how we lost him.

Hodko has been on the bottom half of players in what is the second worst team this season.

Cook has been deadset average when he can actually stay awake for a whole game.

Even including the turd our halves put up last Monday, they were the right choice over Hodko so far this season. If we had him we'd likely have only won one or two games.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sezer isnt just about his 1 good game, the guy has a great kicking game consistently (which is pretty much non existent in our current squad) a Sezer Mbye combo would take us to another level IMO
Yeh but ppl only want him back when we have a loss and sezur has a better game that week. Dont see ppl calling for hod or sezur back after a win

Status
Not open for further replies.