Parramatta Eels turned down Will Hopoate’s request to be given Sundays off because of his faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day Parra management make such a smarter decision than Dogs management.

As soon as B Morris is back, switch Hopoate to Wing/Centre. We can't have a part time footballer in the spine of our team.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day Parra management make such a smarter decision than Dogs management.

As soon as B Morris is back, switch Hopoate to Wing/Centre. We can't have a part time footballer in the spine of our team.
Yeh but look how he played for eels, and how hes playing for us. Shows the player being happy makes a difference. Not that im thrilled that Hop wont play Sundays.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh but look how he played for eels, and how hes playing for us. Shows the player being happy makes a difference. Not that im thrilled that Hop wont play Sundays.
That's very true. Long term though, it's only going to be a nuisance to the teams cohesion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's very true. Long term though, it's only going to be a nuisance to the teams cohesion.
No doubt. Hope we dont get too many Sunday games, and im really curious whats going to happen if we make the GF.

You know an irony? Priests, Pastors etc, all work Sundays!

Also is Hop really working? Hes PLAYING football. Who ever thought playing was working lol?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What kind of response did you expect from Raelene? please give us an example.....
Yeah thanks for your feedback. Seems your happy with that response from Raelene when answering questions so I'll give you the same.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
"Hopoate's decision not to play or train on Sundays has been well received by the Rugby League community, who have labelled the star fullback courageous for following his faith"

I don't see what is courageous about this. He wanted to not play Sundays at Parra but they told him he had to....so he did....where was the courage?

He goes to the Bulldogs and says he doesn't want to play Sundays....and they agree......Whats courageous about that?

He can't play Sundays...because God....but he himself has been quoted as saying that he is "unsure" if he will play in the Grand Final. So he hasn't even committed to sacrificing ALL Sundays for the Glory of God....just ones that he deems are less important. What's courageous about that?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Footy is a team game..not an individual one..each player has to work together..be it playing or training.. I can't believe the club (Des actually is quite a Relgious guy) agreed to this..Parra didn't..just dumb.. It will became even more of a farce if a semi is on a Sunday..or if the Dogs are in the GF..which is always on a Sunday..and Hoppa plays.. It'll just make a mockery of the club and his devotion..really silly..if he doesn't play in these big matches..it's still a ridiculous decision of the club to risk the efforts of his teammates because of one guys preferred option.. And I say preferred option because he still played on Sundays for Parra..if he was truly devoted he would've sat them out! Anyway what can you do..absurd.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Hopoate's decision not to play or train on Sundays has been well received by the Rugby League community, who have labelled the star fullback courageous for following his faith"

I don't see what is courageous about this. He wanted to not play Sundays at Parra but they told him he had to....so he did....where was the courage?

He goes to the Bulldogs and says he doesn't want to play Sundays....and they agree......Whats courageous about that?

He can't play Sundays...because God....but he himself has been quoted as saying that he is "unsure" if he will play in the Grand Final. So he hasn't even committed to sacrificing ALL Sundays for the Glory of God....just ones that he deems are less important. What's courageous about that?
If he decides not to play in the GF should we make it, I'll call him courageous.

If he decides to play during the GF, I'll call him a hypocrite.

No doubt. Hope we dont get too many Sunday games, and im really curious whats going to happen if we make the GF.

You know an irony? Priests, Pastors etc, all work Sundays!

Also is Hop really working? Hes PLAYING football. Who ever thought playing was working lol?
Life is all a matter of perspective :grinning:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Castle said last night that when Morris is back he's playing Fullback

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he decides not to play in the GF should we make it, I'll call him courageous.

Exactly this.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a season ticket holder of four category one member passes I don't believe I'm getting value for my $$$! If players are suddenly allowed to sit out and miss games and then play the ones they want why should I be paying the full amount for my membership when clearly I'm not going to see the best available team play each week.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad Hoppa is a much better fb ffs
Can't have it both ways. Everyone is worried part of our spine will be missing games.

Not like our other fullback isn't constantly missing games and disrupts the spine for more than 3 games.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a solution for William. If he isn't allowed to work on Sundays, well we won't pay him to play on Sunday's. In the eyes of the lord it would not be considered as work if he is doing it for the love of it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't have it both ways. Everyone is worried part of our spine will be missing games.

Not like our other fullback isn't constantly missing games and disrupts the spine for more than 3 games.
Our other fb isn't even a fullback, he is just a winger. Up until this article came out, i was so happy with us finally solving our fb issue, but then this happens.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He'll just say Joseph Smith Visited him in his dreams and said it was ok for him to play in the GF.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
So he wanted massive dollars at parra, but he also wanted to sit Sunday's out. Nice.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our other fb isn't even a fullback, he is just a winger. Up until this article came out, i was so happy with us finally solving our fb issue, but then this happens.
That is why I'm happy with Hoppa to play fullback when Bmoz gets back and he can cover on Sunday games. Morris will be free to destroy teams as the best winger in the game again.

Either way I'd rather be had Hoppa here than not. Everyone blaming Castle and Hasler for this clause doesn't know how important it was for Hoppa and how much it devalued his contract. For all we know the only reason we can afford him is thanks to the clause and the only reason he's willing to still play in the NRL is with it. People do crazy things for religion, he has already shown he is willing to throw Rugby League away

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bit of a bad precedent to set. What if multiple players all have the same request? Can't say no, that's prejudice letting Hoppa play with his cult and not let others? Bad bad call dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.