Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course. Why wouldn't I?

In any case, Will Hopoate is not to blame here. It's the club for agreeing to such terms.
Yeah I agree with you about the club part. Were we that desperate to sign an average player for fb?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got no problems with that.We signed him on a very cheap contract.

ding ding ding.. now i know why we agreed to his T&Cs.

i knew the deal was an SBW type deal.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All these people saying oh but he's so committed to his faith that he walked away from league for 2yrs................from memory Parra signed him before he left on his mission and actually paid him for those 2yrs that he didn't play as that how they got his huge salary around the salary cap

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you about the club part. We're we that desperate to sign an average player for fb?

in all honesty , hopa is close to his career best form if not already there.

i wont call him average.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ding ding ding.. now i know why we agreed to his T&Cs.

i knew the deal was an SBW type deal.
I don't remember $BW getting paid to miss games and actually $BW got away with playing Jap union in the preseason because he was not yet signed to any club at the time, once he was signed to a club non of that ever happened (Benji was not allowed by the NRL when he tried as he was under contract and it would have breached the salary cap rules)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro, it's 4 games and isn't as good as he was in Manly.
He has been great man. But i could't give a shit about his form. If JT wanted to come to the club on a low wage but skip sundays, id still tell him to fuck off.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has been great man. But i could't give a shit about his form. If JT wanted to come to the club on a low wage but skip sundays, id still tell him to fuck off.
Kinda my point, you want to be a Bulldog then be a full time Bulldog, whoever or whatever the fuck you are.

But when management don't give a fuck then I see why players don't.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
PS it's not an opinion, it's a cult when some **** puts his head in a hat and talk blasphemous bullshit. It's upsetting to proper Christians, just like you guys get offended when you're linked to isis.
Comparing Mormonism to Christianity like ISIS to mainstream Islam? I think that's a bit of a far-fetched example don't you think? He isn't committing violence, but if that's how it makes you feel then you are entitled to feel that way.

My point was that his choice of belief should not be the reason the contract is a dud contract. Even if he was Muslim, Atheist or Rastafarian - the idea that someone sits out all Friday/Saturday or Sunday games is ridiculous.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Comparing Mormonism to Christianity like ISIS to mainstream Islam? I think that's a bit of a far-fetched example don't you think? He isn't committing violence, but if that's how it makes you feel then you are entitled to feel that way.

My point was that his choice of belief should not be the reason the contract is a dud contract. Even if he was Muslim, Atheist or Rastafarian - the idea that someone sits out all Friday/Saturday or Sunday games is ridiculous.
Don't you fucking dare say anything about Rastafarians, I've been stafari-ing since before you were born lol

I'm not comparing the door knocking cult to the death cult, just that it upsets the regular believers to be linked with them.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't you fucking dare say anything about Rastafarians, I've been stafari-ing since before you were born lol

I'm not comparing the door knocking cult to the death cult, just that it upsets the regular believers to be linked with them.
Yep, I understand ;)

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score

c'mon mate, if Islam had a holy day where people were forbidden to work and a Hazam, or Mundine pulled this stunt you'd be all for it and rightly so because it would be what you believe. It isn't what you believe so you think it is stupid.

Aren't jewish people forbidden to work on sundays too? Or is that saturday?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
c'mon mate, if Islam had a holy day where people were forbidden to work and a Hazam, or Mundine pulled this stunt you'd be all for it and rightly so because it would be what you believe. It isn't what you believe so you think it is stupid.

Saturday....but it starts Friday night lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

It would be a question of context.

We are talking in the context of ALL Sunday games, and potentially a Grand Final. If Hoppa came out and said it was 1 or 2 Sundays a year - I guess we could all live with that. But 3 games could turn into 7, and even 10 next year.

Orthodox Jews = Saturday.

I hope you got the Simpson reference lol
I didn't, I'm the 00.3% who never watched Simpsons as a kid lol

Reaction score
if hoppa wants to rest on sundays, he should go off utah time, then he could still have sunday off and play on sundays as well

Status
Not open for further replies.