God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
I'm blaming the club for agreeing to it
I'm blaming hoppa for being so selfish as to request it

As I have said before there are plenty of other occupations out there that are Monday to Friday

And it's not a must for him to not play Sunday's
It's just preferred
So selfish to request it?? He is giving up footy on a Sunday to partake in charity work for the church that involves community service, lecturing, teaching etc - how the F... is that selfish?!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want to stress that this isn't a Christian thing. Mormons aren't a religion, they are a cult which blashomly use Jesus Christ's name.

Don't believe me? Google how they started the cult.
That's all an opinion though, and even many would agree with your opinion - we still have to respect his beliefs. It's his choice and he is entitled to believe in whatever he chooses to believe in. That's not for anybody else to judge.

What does matter though is the impacts his contract will have on the team. It comes back to the club. This has to be the worst contract in Rugby League history.

Where to from here when it comes to NRL contracts? Maybe Hayne will come back to the NRL on a part-time contract, with his other half with the NFL. Paternity leave for all the new fathers? In Jamie Sowards case, 12 months Maternity leave? :rolleyes:o_O

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So selfish to request it?? He is giving up footy on a Sunday to partake in charity work for the church that involves community service, lecturing, teaching etc - how the F... is that selfish?!
He can get another job if that's what he wants to do
Nrl requires Sunday work
That's why he is selfish
I'm not changing my view on it mate, and I guarantee more people would agree than disagree,

He can do his charity work in his own time like the rest of us who honour our work commitments and juggle our busy lives,

Like it or not mate that's how he is selfish

Malla

Reaction score
He can get another job if that's what he wants to do
Nrl requires Sunday work
That's why he is selfish
I'm not changing my view on it mate, and I guarantee more people would agree than disagree,

He can do his charity work in his own time like the rest of us who honour our work commitments and juggle our busy lives,

Like it or not mate that's how he is selfish
Each to their own :grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Each to their own :grinning:
True, each his own

And by nature I'm a lot more considerate of the choices I make in my life and would never put a large amount of people down if available

And this is avoidable on many levels

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm blaming the club for agreeing to it
I'm blaming hoppa for being so selfish as to request it

As I have said before there are plenty of other occupations out there that are Monday to Friday

And it's not a must for him to not play Sunday's
It's just preferred

mate SBW skipped the entire preseason training with Roosters to play rugby in japan.

Rugby league is a business and players are employees of different clubs.

just like when i work for a company i can ask them what ever salary i want and/ or i can work on certain conditions with reduced salary which the employer has the final say to say yes or no to.

am i filthy that we will miss out on a key player on every sunday game = yes
am i upset on hopa for working on his own T&Cs = no cos the club (his employer) agreed to it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anything less than 110% dedication to bringing the big 1 home for our mighty club is selfish.
I suggest a protest no one let mormons into your house until they convince hoppa to play on Sunday's. Voice your opinion to the Mormon community

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I don't think Hoppa is selfish.

I think the bulldogs are stupid. that is where it begins and ends.

I'd like to know how those of you will feel when he backflips around semi finals time? Is your God a hypocrite? Will you still be proud of Hoppa for standing by his convictions (when it suits him)?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Hoppa is selfish.

I think the bulldogs are stupid. that is where it begins and ends.

I'd like to know how those of you will feel when he backflips around semi finals time? Is your God a hypocrite? Will you still be proud of Hoppa for standing by his convictions (when it suits him)?
If he is available and fit and form deserving of a place in the playing roster I want him on the field

What's he going to do whether it's a round game or semi final if we are decimated by injury?

Just sit at home in his suit and watch the team get floged?

He can't pick and chose when he plays

He is either in the team and gives his all, or he can fuk off as far as I'm concerned

I got no time for the selfish pussy.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The new era is all about professionalism and managing players.

Bullfrog and his entourage would struggle to run the club in the modern era, but they wouldn't let a player dictate terms to the club.

Mason tried to do this with boxing, we told him to get stuffed.

SBW tried to extort the club for more dough and wanting to box, we ignored him and he fled the jurisdiction.

Hannant wanted more money mid-contract, we let him go to the Broncos for a couple of seats in the Z stand at SUNCORP.

Barba wanted sunshine and more money, we said go to the Broncos. I have no idea why he is playing for the Sharks now?

Dafifi said he hated our club on national television and that he was deserving of more money through third party agreements. The club terminated the contract.

I thought we had taken a stand on players trying to dictate their terms to the club through their mantra, club 1st, team second, player third or whatever.

Now the club is doing a 360. What's worse is that the said predecessors previous requests had nothing to do with showing up on game day. They were all technical requests which could have been resolved between said players and the club.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't see where the problem is here.I mean majority of our fans smashed the club for replacing Lafai with hoppa.Majority of our fans said hoppa is rubbish.He is replaceable and will keep him fit and injury free..Lets just think he got suspended for those weeks his out lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't see where the problem is here.I mean majority of our fans smashed the club for replacing Lafai with hoppa.Majority of our fans said hoppa is rubbish.So move on.
You can't see a problem? Really? We have signed a bloke and allowed him to skip out on sunday because he wants to do something else? Cmon. As fans, how could you possibly not see a problem with that?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't see a problem? Really? We have signed a bloke and allowed him to skip out on sunday because he wants to do something else? Cmon. As fans, how could you possibly not see a problem with that?
Well said

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't see where the problem is here.I mean majority of our fans smashed the club for replacing Lafai with hoppa.Majority of our fans said hoppa is rubbish.He is replaceable and will keep him fit and injury free..Lets just think he got suspended for those weeks his out lol.
That makes it even worse , hoppa done nothing at the eels it wasnt the most exciting signing .then he answers all our fullback problems at once and gives us huge hope.
Put this way you're about to get a bj and she stops half way down when it's already full of blood and says "not today its sunday "
Your entitled to be somewhat pissed off

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club is to blame and no one else. They have allowed this and it sets a bad precedent in my opinion .
It may even cause unrest amongst other players who have to do a recovery session or train on a Sunday , and Hopoate is relaxing and singing away.
This was obviously one of Hopoate's terms, the club accepted it and so they now have to deal with it.
Maybe they were thinking by agreeing to this term they will get the best out of Hopoate, they probably didn't think what effect if any it will have on the rest of his teammates.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The new era is all about professionalism and managing players.

Bullfrog and his entourage would struggle to run the club in the modern era, but they wouldn't let a player dictate terms to the club.

Mason tried to do this with boxing, we told him to get stuffed.

SBW tried to extort the club for more dough and wanting to box, we ignored him and he fled the jurisdiction.

Hannant wanted more money mid-contract, we let him go to the Broncos for a couple of seats in the Z stand at SUNCORP.

Barba wanted sunshine and more money, we said go to the Broncos. I have no idea why he is playing for the Sharks now?

Dafifi said he hated our club on national television and that he was deserving of more money through third party agreements. The club terminated the contract.

I thought we had taken a stand on players trying to dictate their terms to the club through their mantra, club 1st, team second, player third or whatever.

Now the club is doing a 360. What's worse is that the said predecessors previous requests had nothing to do with showing up on game day. They were all technical requests which could have been resolved between said players and the club.
You underestimate bullfrog
We set the standard for league administration
He adapted to the times of s few decades and would have adapted to this era no question

And he would not have agreed to hoppa request
He would have let him sign with the storm

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That makes it even worse , hoppa done nothing at the eels it wasnt the most exciting signing .then he answers all our fullback problems at once and gives us huge hope.
Put this way you're about to get a bj and she stops half way down when it's already full of blood and says "not today its sunday "
Your entitled to be somewhat pissed off

i have been in a similar situation and i know it is fcken frustrating but you can do fck all about it. lol

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got no problems with that.We signed him on a very cheap contract.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's all an opinion though, and even many would agree with your opinion - we still have to respect his beliefs. It's his choice and he is entitled to believe in whatever he chooses to believe in. That's not for anybody else to judge.

What does matter though is the impacts his contract will have on the team. It comes back to the club. This has to be the worst contract in Rugby League history.

Where to from here when it comes to NRL contracts? Maybe Hayne will come back to the NRL on a part-time contract, with his other half with the NFL. Paternity leave for all the new fathers? In Jamie Sowards case, 12 months Maternity leave? :rolleyes:o_O
Would you say the same things if we had a main muslim player who said I can't play in ramadan?

PS it's not an opinion, it's a cult when some **** puts his head in a hat and talk blasphemous bullshit. It's upsetting to proper Christians, just like you guys get offended when you're linked to isis.

Status
Not open for further replies.