Should the Dogs chase Coote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes for sure, he has a kicking and a running game which is what we need more of...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Between them Hoppa and BMoz would be taking too much cap for one of them not to be FB. The other can be centre/wing sure, but if neither of them are FB that won't make too much sense from a cap point of view.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see us being in the hunt. He fits the Dragons needs and they should have the cap space to bring him back down south.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Between them Hoppa and BMoz would be taking too much cap for one of them not to be FB. The other can be centre/wing sure, but if neither of them are FB that won't make too much sense from a cap point of view.
How much is Hoppa on, roughly? I thought I read we are paying him pennies

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Have been impressed with him plays like another half, Cowboys would be crazy to let him go & talk is they are trying hard to keep him.... The perfect foil for Thurston

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett Morris may be following the mold of Billy the kid, injured too often and it might catch up with him.

do we go after Coote to round out our backline
I don't know. Will have to see how well Hoppa does in the next few weeks... So far so good. Bmoz is no fullback.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course we should chase him.....especially if he has made a line break lol

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In light of Hoppa. Yes. Though I don't think we can afford his asking price.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In light of Hoppa. Yes. Though I don't think we can afford his asking price.
~600k. Not bad I reckon if we moved Williams on (yeah I know he's having a great start to the season, but he's taking up too much of the cap)

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is everyone forgetting we have Abbey, Hoppa and Bmoz are currently keeping the fb spot warm for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sack Hoppa and sign him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is everyone forgetting we have Abbey, Hoppa and Bmoz are currently keeping the fb spot warm for him.
Abbey should be in the frame 2-3 years IF he builds on his potential. Hoppa and BMoz to Center and Wing if we got Coote

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good question. He is obviously a player with class, however I'd like more intel on why he left Panthers and why he is now leaving Cowboys when in both cases he has been one of their standout players. Seems odd to me.
Fair comment but it seems in the case of the Tits it is primarily salary cap issues. They have 17 of their squad off contract, a lot of them top squad.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Other question is, do we have room for him under the cap?
And ( tongue in cheek) can we catch him?
We need one of those flexible caps, much like the Broncos who seem to think a player should come to their club for much less than they are worth. He may be a handy pickup; his preferred spot is fullback but can play five eighth. Would take some re-organization to fit him in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.