Todays win - A record of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
No Boxer17, no!!! leading 32 zip and we couldn't even put 50 on a depleted Souths side!!! For and against means a hell of a lot when it comes to the business of the season. It could mean finishing 5th instead of 4th!!! That my friend is a big deal!!! When you have an opportunity to destroy a side like Souths there should always be a no mercy, no prisoner attitude!!!
Don't get me wrong I wanted them to put 50 but they came out playing the safe game just like they did to manly.
I don't know if that's des or the players fault.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some people are so hard to please. We put 40 on our arch rival and people still look for something to critisize . Perfect flawless performances hardly come often for any team so its good to celebrate these type of victories .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths win second half 12 points to 10 against the Dogs. That is what Michael Maguire will be saying to his chargers and he would be right!!!

Again we prove that we are an excellent 40 minute team but we suck at the 80 minute game. Where other teams would have put 60 to 70 points on Souths today. Leading 32-0 just before half time Grub decides to go for a field goal instead of keeping the pressure on a tired and frustrated souths defensive line!!! Dumb,dumb,dumb.... that is the moment I feel our beloved Bulldogs showed their intentions instead of going for the kill. Protect the lead and coast through the second half. When will this side put the opposing team to the sword??? We may have one of the biggest packs in the league but we seriously lack that killer instinct that makes good sides great!!! I know 2 points is 2 points and a win is a win but losing the second half 12-10 to a depleted souths side missing Adam Reynolds (their top play maker and who I consider to have the best kicking game in the league), Sam Burgess ( Crowe's love child and Souths main enforcer) and Tom Burgess well????? This win may be worth 2 competition points but it does not fill me with great confidence moving forward. We need to play a full 80 minutes week in week out if we are going to start talking Premierships!!!

relax Chief

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
and THAT is revenge for Black Friday last year.
No team plays at their peak more than 4 or 5 matches in a season. If we as fans were asked what game in the first 6 rounds we really wanted our team to turn up for, most probably would have picked Round 4 - Souths - Black Friday Revenge.

They really turned up for this one.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people are so hard to please. We put 40 on our arch rival and people still look for something to critisize . Perfect flawless performances hardly come often for any team so its good to celebrate these type of victories .
And some people are happy enough with a 40 minute effort instead of a full 80 minute domination of an old rival!!! Playing for 40 minutes instead of a full 80 is also doing a half assed job.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths depleted or whatever after having their asses handed to them first half they were playing for spots for next week; We had Beastwood off Rex also plus Graham and Kas for long periods second half

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths depleted or whatever after having their asses handed to them first half they were playing for spots for next week; We had Beastwood off Rex also plus Graham and Kas for long periods second half
Difference being that all but T.Rex were available. The same could not be said for A.Reynolds and Burgess x 2!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Morris and lichaa?
Brett Morris and lichaa both great players and useful when fit but A.Reynolds and S. Burgess mean so much more to Souths. One is their organizer one of the best halves in the game, the other their heart and soul.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brett Morris and lichaa both great players and useful when fit but A.Reynolds and S. Burgess mean so much more to Souths. One is their organizer one of the best halves in the game, the other their heart and soul.
Spoken like a true Souffs supporter

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are missing 2 of our 4 spine players bro. That would effect EVERY team

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spoken like a true Souffs supporter
Big words from a newbie!!! :cool: You're like school on a Saturday, no class!!! Having an opinion that may differ from imbeciles does not make anyone an automatic Souths supporter.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And some people are happy enough with a 40 minute effort instead of a full 80 minute domination of an old rival!!! Playing for 40 minutes instead of a full 80 is also doing a half assed job.
We still dominated the second half.
Souths just got a shitload of possession, and played like the globetrotters.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big words from a newbie!!! :cool: You're like school on a Saturday, no class!!! Having an opinion that may differ from imbeciles does not make anyone an automatic Souths supporter.
hit a nerve? lol I would rather have a good weekend knowing my team won well than nit pick with a chicken little sky is falling attitude

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys pointing out that we didn't put Souths to the sword in the second half must be kidding. Clearly the platform was set and we didn't need the same intensity in the second half. Graham played limited minutes, as did others. The job was done, the two points were in the bank. It's round 4, teams need to manage their players and injuries.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are missing 2 of our 4 spine players bro. That would effect EVERY team
Yeah true Assassin but I can't shake the feeling that this game is similar to the Manly game. After the Manly game the kennel went into overdrive and the same is happening tonight. It's not going to take too long before threads of premierships start popping up all over the kennel. We may have won tonight but there is no reason to get overly excited. After putting in a good 40 minute effort how many times have we failed to play out the full 80 with the same conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.