Frank Pritchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Frank is too valuable to be playing in the UK. I don't think his family is going with him and I can't see him staying there for 3 years away from them. Sorry to say this but I can see one of the under performing NRL clubs offering him a big contract and he will come back to Australia in a year.
His whole family is over there with him. Kid's are at school there and settled in. He is an hounerable bloke and I don't see him wanting out of his contract unless the club release him cause they don't want him. Which I can't see happening.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Frank is too valuable to be playing in the UK. I don't think his family is going with him and I can't see him staying there for 3 years away from them. Sorry to say this but I can see one of the under performing NRL clubs offering him a big contract and he will come back to Australia in a year.
it would want to be a massive offer for a forward, im sure a lot of the reason he went was the golden handshake. He would be on more money there than any club here would pay for him.

Wildie

New Pup
Reaction score
His family came over a week after he did in December. They have just been to Orlando too - and his kids started school here last week, They are fitting in well and helps that he has Sika Manu, Fetuli Talanoa, Mahe Fonua and Motu Tony all here as they are a little group.

Highlights of the tries were Frank had a hand in 3/4 of them are here:

https://www.facebook.com/hullfcofficial/?fref=ts

Its a few posts down on that page. Also worth a watch, is the video below the highlights - shows a couple of tackles direct from the kick off. 1st tackle sets the standard, Frank forcing a player back 5-6 metres. Then the 2nd tackle is by a guy we just signed who was a Hull FC player as a kid, and he puts a huge hit in on Mitch Allgood - not sure who he played for in the NRL, but he was nearly smashed back to Australia ;)

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's good to hear that his family headed over with him. I remember reading when he first agreed to the deal that they were staying here and going to visit him every school holidays.

it would want to be a massive offer for a forward, im sure a lot of the reason he went was the golden handshake. He would be on more money there than any club here would pay for him.
I'm not sure he would be earning massive dollars over there tbh. I don't know about exemptions etc in the super league but I believe their salary cap is 1.85 million pounds amongst the top 25 players (Wildie would probably be able to shed more light on that). They have quite a few players who would command good money.

If you believe the papers we are contributing about $300k towards his salary (he was meant to be on around $650k with us this year). I'm pretty sure his deal was backended with us also so in reality the club wanted him to leave more than he wanted to leave the club.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
His family came over a week after he did in December. They have just been to Orlando too - and his kids started school here last week, They are fitting in well and helps that he has Sika Manu, Fetuli Talanoa, Mahe Fonua and Motu Tony all here as they are a little group.

Highlights of the tries were Frank had a hand in 3/4 of them are here:

https://www.facebook.com/hullfcofficial/?fref=ts

Its a few posts down on that page. Also worth a watch, is the video below the highlights - shows a couple of tackles direct from the kick off. 1st tackle sets the standard, Frank forcing a player back 5-6 metres. Then the 2nd tackle is by a guy we just signed who was a Hull FC player as a kid, and he puts a huge hit in on Mitch Allgood - not sure who he played for in the NRL, but he was nearly smashed back to Australia ;)
Thanks for the footage. Frankie will destroy that comp

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he gets the man of steel award there by seasons end !!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mind boggles they Let him go instead of the statue that is TRex

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mind boggles they Let him go instead of the statue that is TRex
There wasnt' a choice here... No one would take Trex and he wasn't going to leave without his last paycheck.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What makes you so sure Lafai was forced out of the club? He opted to leave because he didn't have the confidence he could maintain his position in front of Hopate or perhaps the money from the dragons was too good to refuse. The club could not have forced him to move on...he still had a binding contract....it was a mutual agreement
I have no idea but maybe Lafai knew how Hasler favours out of form ex Manly players and that they keep their position in the team no matter what and Lafai was smart?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's good to hear that his family headed over with him. I remember reading when he first agreed to the deal that they were staying here and going to visit him every school holidays.

I'm not sure he would be earning massive dollars over there tbh. I don't know about exemptions etc in the super league but I believe their salary cap is 1.85 million pounds amongst the top 25 players (Wildie would probably be able to shed more light on that). They have quite a few players who would command good money.

If you believe the papers we are contributing about $300k towards his salary (he was meant to be on around $650k with us this year). I'm pretty sure his deal was backended with us also so in reality the club wanted him to leave more than he wanted to leave the club.
I dunno hes a rep level senior player who has been in 2 nrl gfs in 4 years and is still in good form and shape. I reckon he would be on heaps. And if their cap is 1.85m pounds that is about 5m aussie dollars

O

Old Faithful

Frank was fantastic in our first Super League game tonight. We appreciate how lucky we are to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.