Here come the Habibs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't watched the show either
But I don't think the Leb family are Muslims
I don't think they are. The girl was half naked and one of the brothers names is Elias.

From a racial perspective it wasn't offensive. It was just plain stupid and not funny.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I haven't watched the show either
But I don't think the Leb family are Muslims
Well I guess someone can confirm it. I may be wrong but I think Toufik is a muslim name.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol
I love how quick things can escalate lol
Please kennel members
Don't ever change
And mods don't delete
No harm is done and bit of heated exchanges is fun

Lol
I love it

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop talking shit I'm not hypacritical, we will see that the real hypacrit is you. Everything you're saying is telling everyone you were offended by the show and need to grow a fkn pair. So instead of being a coward answer my question and tell me what offended you from the show. Your previous posts all say you were offended anyone with half a brain can realise that, you don't need to say the actual words that you're offended. So stop hiding behind the "oh where did I actually say those words" bullshit.

Blaqdog said he is offended by the show in this post , but he is going to watch it again.

bloody hypacrit.

Terrible show if you ask me.

Stereotyping is so cringeworthy, on both Anglo and Arab ends. Poor acting, only guy I find funny is that Toufic guy. The rest don't even look/sound like Arabs. Poorly produced. The plot is extremely boring.

Somehow I'm addicted though, and will probably watch next weeks episode anyway.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest that article doesn't cover alot on how some of our own people really are; some are bloody ferrell, uneducated, rude and simple villagers which is why you see these stereotypes being played out on lower socioeconomic areas because its the first thing you will see/hear about usually.

Obviously not all Lebanese people are like this but to ignore the fact some of our own people are uneducated, rude, ferrell, simple and racist themselves is silly. This show is playing on the fact that these lower socioeconomic type people win it big and then go on act at how they would want to live with all that money which is finally being able to give into those things they couldn't do before.

I'll admit I don't like to see Lebanese people viewed as simple villagers or ferrell but it is easier to make comical than say a family like mine (educated, involved, respectul and etc).
Exactly it's just a fkn show not everything is a fkn personal attack.
When jews are mocked we laugh, when Asians more so Chinese are mocked we laugh, when Indians are mocked we laugh, when priests are mocked we laugh. Why are people so hypacritical that they can't laugh at their own race and religion but they can laugh at others. They're not better than them. If people at certain religions and races be prepared for your own race and religion to made fun of. It goes both ways.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I guess someone can confirm it. I may be wrong but I think Toufik is a muslim name.

both toufiq and Elias are muslim/ arab names, but no FUFU

this is the lion character in Madagascar.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop talking shit I'm not hypacritical, we will see that the real hypacrit is you. Everything you're saying is telling everyone you were offended by the show and need to grow a fkn pair. So instead of being a coward answer my question and tell me what offended you from the show. Your previous posts all say you were offended anyone with half a brain can realise that, you don't need to say the actual words that you're offended. So stop hiding behind the "oh where did I actually say those words" bullshit.
I'm not personally offended by the show at all. I think it's disrespectful in some ways, but I'm not gonna twist my knickers in a knot the way you do about someone mentioning Nuns for example. Does that answer your question?

It would be nice if you refrained from throwing insults and swear words. It makes your arguement look cheap and desperate.

Also, it's spelt "hypocrit". If you're going to accuse me of being one, at least learn to spell it right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I guess you could say some members on TK are not as tight as a nuns ... okay, i will let myself out.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
they went to buy meat from a halal place I think so they may be a Muslim family if that's correct.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol
I love how quick things can escalate lol
Please kennel members
Don't ever change
And mods don't delete
No harm is done and bit of heated exchanges is fun

Lol
I love it
Did you get upset that this piece of crap insinuates all Angelo's are racist?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PS I don't think Rob and/or Tahir will insult muslims again after the last backlash they copped for his "mufti the poofti" quote
Bahaha
What a crack up lol
He said that
Haha
Link please I gotta see it lol
And what backlash did he get lol
That's made my day,

Talk about a double edge sword lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
they went to buy meat from a halal place I think so they may be a Muslim family if that's correct.
Yeah, a few Christian/Catholic Lebanese people we know who are friends buy meat from the Halal butchers we buy from aswell, they have just gotten use to it from Lebanon with their families doing the same and have no issues with it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not personally offended by the show at all. I think it's disrespecrtful in some ways, but I'm not gonna twist my knickers in a knot the way you do about someone mentioning Nuns for example. Does that answer your question?

It would be nice if you refrained from throwing insults and swear words. It makes your arguement look cheap and desperate.

Also, it's spelt "hypocrit". If you're going to accuse me of being one, at least learn to spell it right.
Lol people who have no argument left always go for the grammar nazi.
So tell me wise one, what would people have been offended from?

Lol I hadn't even posted until after you had a cry the show offended you and tried to cover up that you got offended personally by saying you can understand how "some" people would be offended to which I said grow a fkn pair. Which goes back to why you brought up nuns for? When it nothing to do with the show.
I ended up being right about your point you were trying to make with nuns anyway.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
both toufiq and Elias are muslim/ arab names, but no FUFU

this is the lion character in Madagascar.
Elias is a Christian name.
I confirmed before pretty sure if they were Muslim the girl wouldn't have a whole scene in a bikini messaging a guy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, a few Christian/Catholic Lebanese people we know who are friends buy meat from the Halal butchers we buy from aswell, they have just gotten use to it from Lebanon with their families doing the same and have no issues with it.
just thought Coz it's a stereotype show they wouldn't have a Catholic/Christian buying from a halal place. But you could be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.