Origin of your Kennel name

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a massive fat **** as a kid, little Asian kid ran into me on the playground in primary school and said 'lucky you're soft like a pillow!'...I still have people that know me only as Pillow/Pills
This one is winning so far for me.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my name come from always wearing bulldogs shorts or something bulldogs at work, mates said ..heres bulldogs or its bulldogs, the name stuck even today if i go down town im referred to as bulldogs

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
- Used to frequent other forums.
- One day a thread started "What's your superhero name ?"
- I randomly came up with "CK".
- It got some laughs, so I changed it.
- Went to new forums. Kept same name.

Also, it's the polar opposite persona of what I'm really like .... By day I am mild-mannered Damo, online I am "CK".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually my nick is a play on words based on a quote from Oscar Wilde.

Oscar Wilde once stated "The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.”

So I paraphrased it to "Mystery in visible", which in turns plays on the word "Mystery Invisible" (ironically the polar opposite of the phrase), which I then stylized as "Mr I in visible".

But it's easier to type Mr Invisible than Mr I in Visible.

*takes a breath*

The English language is an amazing thing, isn't it :grinning:

Lol .. The reason I chose wolfmother was kind of random i wanted something related to dogs that sounded cool and that would also conceal my gender but now after psychoanalysing my choice , i see I didnt feel comfortable lying so I think I sublimally chose wolfmother ,say over Bruce, so that I could feel ok about myself..
I always thought it was after Andrew Stockdales band Wolfmother.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Oscar Wilde once stated "The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.”

So I paraphrased it to "Mystery in visible", which in turns plays on the word "Mystery Invisible" (ironically the polar opposite of the phrase), which I then stylized as "Mr I in visible".
That's pretty deep man.. Respect..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I greatly admired the 'Hickster" who was given the nickname 'luva' by his peers. Loved the Bulldogs, loved Jarrod Hickey; became dogluva

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

But it's easier to type Mr Invisible than Mr I in Visible.

*takes a breath*

The English language is an amazing thing, isn't it :grinning:

I always thought it was after Andrew Stockdales band Wolfmother.
yes that is correct but not because they're my favourite band , just riding on the coat tails of their name and image .

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
OTTO make garbage bins & I am full of shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like to hide in haystacks and on benches and shank ***** in the neck.

Also like to climb up buildings and check out the scenery before diving into a haystack.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my younger days I used to dress in a bears suit and jump out of trees to scare the shit out of Japanese tourists who were walking by looking for koalas. It was a bush thing:-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In my younger days I used to dress in a bears suit and jump out of trees to scare the shit out of Japanese tourists who were walking by looking for koalas. It was a bush thing:-)
Drinking a shit load of Bundy right? Lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think I've mentioned this before.
First job was at red rooster. They gave me the name bill and another new starter Ben (bill and Ben the flower pot men, look it up if you don't know).
Since my brother (Oso bad on here) also worked there he started calling me bill all the time and it stuck.
Now even my niece and nephew call me "uncle bill".
Btw, names actually Steven.

Status
Not open for further replies.