Manly - Straight Outta Brookvale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...lub-without-a-home/1j8t382nu98oy1rygez8geetj6

The Manly Sea Eagles are officially homeless after terminating their licence to play at Brookvale Oval following a dispute with Warringah Council.

Manly owe the council $405,000 for use of the ground and have so far only coughed up $75,000 as they argue for a better deal.

The council has indicated it is willing to compromise and come to some sort arrangement but, as it stands now, Manly do not have a home ground for 2016 after refusing to renew the licence.

There is talk the Sea Eagles will just turn up and play at Brookie next year and see if the council has the kahunas to kick them out.
Oh dear!! First they sell off the Leagues Club (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...27245356648?sv=2d29ee413ec2c952c77418db8eabd5) and now they don't want to pay their bills and face lockout from Brookvale Oval by the council.

:roflol:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay my bills either, the place is a dump and the council does **** all to look after it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Bet you this is a nothing story and it will be business as usual at Brooky next year.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bet you this is a nothing story and it will be business as usual at Brooky next year.
I'm included to agree. Manly (the footy club) need Brookvale and Brookvale (as in the council) needs Manly. What else are they going to use the ground for? Club rugby? ha!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What shits me.. the NSW government gave them $10 million towards upgrading Brookie (done recently), and now they don't want to pay up to play there.

I'm included to agree. Manly (the footy club) need Brookvale and Brookvale (as in the council) needs Manly. What else are they going to use the ground for? Club rugby? ha!
Not at all.

Have a look how much they sold the Manly Leagues Club for (to Chinese developers) for high rise apartments.
AREA: 6371 m2 = $20 million for the land.

What will council use Brookvale Oval for? They won't, they'll sell it. Think about how much it costs the council to maintain, and they probably get < $1 million a year out of Sea Eagles for it.

AREA: 56700 m2 = $178 million (roughly).

At that size they could rezone the area, split the block up and sell off roughly 57 x 1 acre lots which people could build 2 x freestanding townhouses on, or, split it up into 8 (odd) x 6000m2 blocks and have 8 high rise apartment block there.

The council is actually losing money having it sit there, because the land is so much more valuable. If it ever did go up for sale, Mulpha or Dyldam or someone would snap it up.

Adding to Manly's misery is STILL a lack of front sponsor after Kaspersky pulled the pin this year.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly Marlins play out of Manly Rugby Park on Sydney Rd. That ground is already better than Brookie will ever be and moving to Brookvale would be a substantial downgrade. Only ever been to Brookie a few times and one of them was for a dog show about 15 years ago. Even the fertiliser left behind did not improve the playing surface, lol.

Storm in a teacup and Manly will be eternally damned to play there.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
hahaha **** Manly. The place is full of dickheads and honestly it couldn't happen to a better team.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What shits me.. the NSW government gave them $10 million towards upgrading Brookie (done recently), and now they don't want to pay up to play there.

Not at all.

Have a look how much they sold the Manly Leagues Club for (to Chinese developers) for high rise apartments.

What will council use Brookvale Oval for? They won't, they'll sell it. Think about how much it costs the council to maintain, and they probably get < $1 million a year out of Sea Eagles for it.

At that size they could rezone the area, split the block up and sell off roughly 57 x 1 acre lots which people could build 2 x freestanding townhouses on, or, split it up into 8 (odd) x 6000m2 blocks and have 8 high rise apartment block there.

The council is actually losing money having it sit there, because the land is so much more valuable. If it ever did go up for sale, Mulpha or Dyldam or someone would snap it up.

Adding to Manly's misery is STILL a lack of front sponsor after Kaspersky pulled the pin this year.
As I understand it, the land was bequeathed to the council on the proviso that it be used as a public park & never be sold/developed

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As I understand it, the land was bequeathed to the council on the proviso that it be used as a public park & never be sold/developed
All it takes is a simple rezoning to High Density residential.

and guess who does that rezoning?? Council :grinning:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I'll just leave this here!!!! Not much more needs to be said!!!!.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Suck it. I don't care about Manly. Fans don't travel so better get their shit sorted soon.. Ha

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope they bulldoze the thing down , hope my bandwagon manly fan sister is in it when the do it .

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not at all.

What is your job ? Very sharp mate

Status
Not open for further replies.