Retention and Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
id take dylan agro walker in a heartbeat aslong as he promises to stay off the "painkillers"

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is there any news on possible signings of Hopoate, Horne and/or
Walker?

Please no Daniel Mortimer
Doubt if any of those will come thru. Wouldn't mind seeing rob horne or hopoate cheap though.

Daniel Mortimer I dnt mind either as long as he is in NSW cup as we really dnt have much depth to my knowledge for the 9 or halves.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's still ongoing investigation into Walker and Gray so there is no guarantee either player will be able to play next year.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys, would live dylan walker doubt they souths would release him despite trying to free cash to get sam butgess back. Ps our no dick head policy would that stop us buying him after his overdose on prescription drugs. Yes could play fullbavk centre or 5/8! Here is a question for you? Has Des ever bought an establish 1st grade player for big cash exclude dorathy? Yes he bought perret & inu before june deadline as established players they would have come cheaply. So doubt he would spend big on dylan walker est 1st grader. Before u hit me with Rona only played less than 10first grade games at cowboys was not a regular same as all new recruits bought not regularly playing 1st grade!

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also same happened with Des at Manly no big purchases during his coaching tenure at Manly!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
walker is a shit defender (and yes i thought he was shit as before he got embarassed by corey oates for 30m), i also don't think i have ever seen a worse player in the Australian jersey.

Also, i love when Mqueen gets the ball when we play against them, he just drops it. Watch him closely in both our games this year and in previous years. He has given us the ball multiple times

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
des did buy Jamie Lyon at manly so occasionally he does buy great first graders.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol.. Um, Brett Morris? Fifita (before the backflip and f*ck knows why).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Would love Walker. Kid is talented.

McQueen is crap.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Morris was St G salary cap pressures fiffita & matui brother Newcastle well i think brain explosion pressure to sign anyone thank god fell thru!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Walker good mates with Tyrone Phillips as well? A chance to play together could be an enticement if they do look to release him. IMO they'd release Mcqueen and Grant before Walker though

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hearing that the dogs may have signed craig garvey from the dragons

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Walker good mates with Tyrone Phillips as well? A chance to play together could be an enticement if they do look to release him. IMO they'd release Mcqueen and Grant before Walker though
Yeh he was there when he overdosed

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So is there any news on possible signings of Hopoate, Horne and/or
Walker?

Please no Daniel Mortimer
I've got no idea {nothing new :o)} what the go is about signing any of the above.

But I'd be real happy if we snared Dylan Walker and Rob Horne. Here is what the Wallabies coach Michael Cheika thinks about him:

Winger Rob Horne's World Cup fate will be decided in the coming days, but coach Michael Cheika hopes his "grunt" and attitude will rub off on the rest of the squad.

But Horne does have an injury problem:

Horne's tournament is in serious doubt after he left Twickenham with his left arm in a sling following a suspected dislocated shoulder in the Wallabies' rousing 33-13 win against England

But medical science/ surgery should fix that.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love Walker. Kid is talented.

McQueen is crap.
Really? I have honestly never seen where the hype comes from? He ranges from overrated to average for mine, doesn't create - isn't really THAT fast either. Anyway I can't see the Rabbitohs letting him go.

I openly shuddered at the thought of McQueen at the Dogs - dude is terrible.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Really? I have honestly never seen where the hype comes from? He ranges from overrated to average for mine, doesn't create - isn't really THAT fast either. Anyway I can't see the Rabbitohs letting him go.

I openly shuddered at the thought of McQueen at the Dogs - dude is terrible.
Walker would be in the top 5 centres in my books. Kid is a freak in attack. His defense certainly isn't to bad. He is also so young.

Agreed. McQueen is average. Certainly would agree he was overrated. Now most accept he is average.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, Walker is a great young player..Speed to burn & strong.But highly doubt souths will let him go..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess your not old enough to remember Ennis playing at our club.
All energy but wouldn't say a good defender.
Worst post on the kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.