Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the 2016 season

Gains: Brad Abbey - Graham Clark - Kerrod Holland

Losses: Damien Cook - Frank Pritchard - Corey Thompson - Trent Hodkinson

Brad Abbey is an 18 year old, Kerrod Holland a 23 year old "gun" who hasn't cracked first grade yet with Graham Clark being an unknown. Knowing how good the playere we've lost are I can't help thinking that we are going backwards.

Add to this Hasler's secret game plan I can only see 2016 being a long hard year.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
--

Well our squad is still very good even with those losses.

- Frank pritchard - replaced with Tony Williams / Shaun Lane (downgrade, but bringing younger lads in is the upside)
- Damien Cook - N/A (hes a reserve grade player)
- Corey Thompson - N/A (hes a reserve grade player)
- Trent Hodkinson - replaced with Mbye - Downgrade. highly likely to be an upgrade in the near future.

A number of players have also played Origin (Klem and jacko) who will benefit from that going into 2016.
The team has played a full year with Licha and Bmoz, so they should understand one another more so than in 2015

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
--

Well our squad is still very good even with those losses.

- Frank pritchard - replaced with Tony Williams / Shaun Lane (downgrade, but bringing younger lads in is the upside)
- Damien Cook - N/A (hes a reserve grade player)
- Corey Thompson - N/A (hes a reserve grade player)
- Trent Hodkinson - replaced with Mbye - Downgrade. highly likely to be an upgrade in the near future.

A number of players have also played Origin (Klem and jacko) who will benefit from that going into 2016.
The team has played a full year with Licha and Bmoz, so they should understand one another more so than in 2015

this reserve grader had 2 mom performances out of the 7 games played in the season.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this reserve grader had 2 mom performances out of the 7 games played in the season.
Yep and would of been playing in NSW cup with us next season, and the one after that if he stayed.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the 2016 season

Gains: Brad Abbey - Graham Clark - Kerrod Holland

Losses: Damien Cook - Frank Pritchard - Corey Thompson - Trent Hodkinson

Brad Abbey is an 18 year old, Kerrod Holland a 23 year old "gun" who hasn't cracked first grade yet with Graham Clark being an unknown. Knowing how good the playere we've lost are I can't help thinking that we are going backwards.

Add to this Hasler's secret game plan I can only see 2016 being a long hard year.
Losses should also include Antonio kaufasi and Jacob Loko and Kayne Brennan

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I haven't seen holland play. But I don't see how he is this gun everyone is calling him to be, yet couldn't get one game for them wooden spooners.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep and would of been playing in NSW cup with us next season, and the one after that if he stayed.

goes to show how mediocrity is rewarded and proven performers are shown the door with this club.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des was never going to get rid of Lichaa after one season after letting Ennis go to give him a run. He still needs to prove it was a good decision, after Ennis outplayed Lichaa all year in 2015. So that left Cook in the position of waiting in reserves until Des can fit him in the side, or strike while the irons hot (with his FG form) and get a FT starting gig elsewhere. Not saying its not sad to see him go, he looked very good in the cameo he played this year.

There isnt a lot of actually available or realistic players to sign even if we were chasing hard. Real life isnt like fantasy coach. You cant just swap in players from other clubs or even from overseas, and ship out players to pay for it at will like fantasy coach. The players you want must be available and fit under the cap.

Des will see it as our main issue is the halves, and that can sorted if Reynolds spends more time on the field next year, and gets used to partnering Mbye, and with Mbye Des will fancy that he can coach MBye into the next JT. If he gets 70% of the way there im happy.

Mbye is a rookie so it isnt 100% unexpected that he wouldn't peak in his first almost full year in FG. We shall see what a full offseason training knowing hes the starting half, and then more time getting used to partnering Reynolds brings. You never know.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to see chisholm given a go at half with mbye

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My concern with Lichaa is firstly his defence. I saw a few tries we concede this year from him either missing tackles or not reading the play or was it fatigue atvthe end of the game. Maybe a full off season 2 get use to 80mins couple with one year more experience he will improve. Then he can run more from dummy half & if Des alliws him to kick then will offer mire attackive options to take a little pressure of our halves etc. I really like cook fast from dummy half & his picking up players bending backwards defensive tackles in his cameo 1st grade matches!

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern with Lichaa is firstly his defence. I saw a few tries we concede this year from him either missing tackles or not reading the play or was it fatigue atvthe end of the game. Maybe a full off season 2 get use to 80mins couple with one year more experience he will improve. Then he can run more from dummy half & if Des alliws him to kick then will offer mire attackive options to take a little pressure of our halves etc. I really like cook fast from dummy half & his picking up players bending backwards defensive tackles in his cameo 1st grade matches!
I only saw 2 occasions of this
One was against the Cowboys and it was both him and mbye that missed Morgan then Perett missed him too
Morgan is a freak and will do that to plenty of teams as we saw in the gf
The other was against the roosters with jwh but didn't directly lead to a try but it was a hooker trying to tackle a massive prop one on one and that was cause Lloyd Perett stood and watched and did nothing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Complaining about Lichaa's defence? What really? No seriously? The blokes a great defender.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Complaining about Lichaa's defence? What really? No seriously? The blokes a great defender.
Yes, Lichaa is a great defender. And that is thanks to Hasler producing another defence robot and killing off his attacking flair.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa is an animal tackler and was leading the tackle count continuously in all games before he got injured

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe comparing his defense to our previous hooker in Ennis so i will put it down to high expectations!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe comparing his defense to our previous hooker in Ennis so i will put it down to high expectations!
Lichaa's defense has been just as good as Ennis. The only thing he loses to Ennis is in leadership and in this year, decision making. Although i'm very inclined to think most of our hookers are being hampered by Hasler

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lichaa defense was outstanding.

He is a kid ffs. He is going to be a very very very good hooker for us for years to come, the only thing that can stop him is injuries.

Next year or so Ennis is retired. Lichaa will still be a year or 2 from his PRIME and still be a damn good hooker.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The year prior to Lichaa joining us his effective tackles was higher than Ennis's. I posted the stat on hear last year but it was some ridiculous number like 250 tackles and 6 missed. That was his first year playing FG games and he didn't play every game. I don't think his defence can be put under any scrutiny especially when there are turnstiles in our line like Reynolds & She-rex around, both who are senior players compared to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.