Members and fans left in lurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What can they announce? they haven't been out signing........ tbh, there isn't much out there available that we could use (not to say we couldn't use some more talent in the roster, just the spots we might do that in, there isn't any great targets off contract to go after).

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
So you want the club to announce Kaufusis retirement before he does? Announce that one of our nsw cup players is going to another club and to keep us all in the loop about recruitment and at the same time be active in the market quietly for a big name signing or quality up and comers?

The fact is that they can't report if there is nothing to report and the other fact is that when they do report something half the people here aren't happy about it. It's a tough crowd the old kennel is

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Normally I am not one to complain but I'm sick of the Bulldogs not announcing anything at all to fans part from 2016 membership. It seems they are more interested in getting members then quality players to replace those who left. I know we have rising juniors but would be nice to grab a few others. IMO we need another winger in the Rona shape. I'd give Hopoate a crack at the right price. I think Brad abbey will surprise a few and crack first grade this year, maybe start him on the wing and push Perret to reggies.
Point of the post is that it was common knowledge to all Abbey signed a long time ago and still nothing from the club. Kaufusi retires and nothing from the club until awards night. Nothing about cook leaving. I'm sick of the club not mentioning anything, even if they are only bargain buys I'm sure the lot of you want to know. Other clubs seem pro active in that department. Anyway rant over. I'll always love the doggies just wish they would keep the fans and members in the loop of recruitment and retention. I also hope that they are active in the market quietly for a big name signing or quality up and comers. Thoughts?
Really?

What do you want them to announce? With your apparent infinite wisdom, what do you want them to say?

Because you think you can coach better, and the decisions the club have (or haven't made) don't match your own, and that's how you decide your membership?

Please - do no let the door hit you on the way out. What a piss, poor excuse for doing so.
I still love and support my club, but my wife and I have not renewed our membership for 2016, and don't intend to. 4 other families that we usually go to games with are not renewing either. The main reason, amongst others is that we have lost our playing DNA under Des Hasler. Apart from 2012, we play a really ugly and boring style of football. Recruitment and retention is a basket case also.

As much as I respect Raelene Castle, and her ability as an administrator , I don't think she is the right fit for our club. In some ways, I think her recruitment to the top job, was always about cleaning up our club's image and appeasing the media, and critics.

Giving Des Hasler free reigns to the footy department has not been a very bright idea. It is common knowledge that a few members of our board are getting a little uneasy about the situation, and nothing is really being done about it.

As much as it pains me to say it, Nick Politis is similar to Bullfrog, in the way that he hires, fires, makes things happen, does not tolerate mediocrity, and knows how to make a footy club successful. That's the type of character that the club has been lacking for some time.
Whilst I admit, it hasn't been the best style to watch - we still lead the charts on some attacking statistics, including line breaks.

That also includes the lean patch where we were decimated by injury/suspension/origin in the middle of the year.

Go and watch the opening 20 minutes of the Raiders game and come back to me.

Another family here not renewing and yes they are all about the $$$, we need a club legend to run the club not someone thats in it for $$$.
The morale is stuffed and i know a few supporters not renewing as well.
A club legend? Really?

Because that worked so well for us before (Mortimer's excellent handling of the rape allegations).

The fact is - a business minded CEO is EXACTLY what we need. Noad steadied the ship in 2004 (Guess what happened later that year?)

Greenberg followed, who turned our brand around (Camp quality anyone?), and brought in Des.

Keep this in mind - before Des - our Finals appearances since our GF win are as follows:

3 in 7 years. 3 in 7! We have now had 4 years of Finals footy, with 2 resulting in runner-up finishes.

I have heard year on year people saying they will not be renewing - yet our membership base continues to grow.

You have your opinions, and as I am entitled to my own - nothing but a bunch of absolute sooks.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaybee, go watch the second half, and come back and report to me. Apart from the first half of that Canberra match, and the first half of the Melbourne game in Belmore, its been ugly.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As if that is really a loss
It is if we cop injuries, given he was one of our best (before he got injured) in NSW Cup last year.

Ese'ese was a fringe first grader. But with him going, if we don't re-sign O'Hanlon / Fualalo, then we have pretty much park footballers in NSW Cup for depth next year "yay".

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is if we cop injuries, given he was one of our best (before he got injured) in NSW Cup last year.

Ese'ese was a fringe first grader. But with him going, if we don't re-sign O'Hanlon / Fualalo, then we have pretty much park footballers in NSW Cup for depth next year "yay".
Pat has resigned for two I believe

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
The good old Kennel, neurotic one day psycho the next...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Club has released Herman Ese'ese.

Another one goes.
Didn't he have an issue early in the year? Drink driving or something? Cant remember, I might be thinking of one of Lokos dramas ...

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jaybee, go watch the second half, and come back and report to me. Apart from the first half of that Canberra match, and the first half of the Melbourne game in Belmore, its been ugly.
Even in those halves of footy we were only able to maintain the rage for 20 mins. Started like a train in both those and fell back into mediocrity for much of the rest of the contest. So frustrating.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
big bad bazza on the rampage today mate. let it out. frustrating team to follow at times but still no LFC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.