Dragons mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were situated in the north eastern corner of the field last night and I don't know whether any other of you guys noticed but the Dragons mascot was stationed down that end of the field near the dead ball line for the entire second half. At times he was standing just inside the field of play, on the try line and behind the in goal.. On a few occasions when the Dragoons forced a goal line drop out Maxwell could have turned around and shook hands with him. Now I know this may only be a small point but I thought that NO ONE other than officials, the players and the training staff were allowed anywhere near the boundaries of the playing field while the game is in progress. Must have been distracting to turn round and see a green mascot wearing a Merge jersey in that position.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I did notice it on the dead ball line several times.

Even media have a line they cant cross.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See the thread I started earlier in the season after the Dragons mascot was an obnoxious prick to my wife and 2 year old son: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=110201

She actually complained to the club, who said that the green dragon is actually St George Bank's employee but they passed the complaint on. We did eventually get an apology from the bank and they stuck one of those green happy dragon onesies in the post.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed him behind the goal line several times the sneaky green f**ker.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol can't cop that green dragon.

On abother topic. Why did the dragons wear their home jersey? Both games this year the away team wore the away jerseys. Stupid seeing as both jerseys are predominantly white. Why didn't the NRL make dragons wear their red strip?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone spoken to the **** inside this costume ? How does he handle abuse ? I'd love to give him a serve

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol can't cop that green dragon.

On abother topic. Why did the dragons wear their home jersey? Both games this year the away team wore the away jerseys. Stupid seeing as both jerseys are predominantly white. Why didn't the NRL make dragons wear their red strip?
They also allows the dragons cheer girls to be there even though it was our home final...

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also allows the dragons cheer girls to be there even though it was our home final...
Technically, there's nobody's home finals nowadays. It's why they don't have the inflatable Bulldogs head and why Manly and the Sharks get dragged to SFS.

(That actually makes the shitty bell ringing at last year's Grand Final even worse.)

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were situated in the north eastern corner of the field last night and I don't know whether any other of you guys noticed but the Dragons mascot was stationed down that end of the field near the dead ball line for the entire second half. At times he was standing just inside the field of play, on the try line and behind the in goal.. On a few occasions when the Dragoons forced a goal line drop out Maxwell could have turned around and shook hands with him. Now I know this may only be a small point but I thought that NO ONE other than officials, the players and the training staff were allowed anywhere near the boundaries of the playing field while the game is in progress. Must have been distracting to turn round and see a green mascot wearing a Merge jersey in that position.
He's used to standing near the dead ball line on the side the dragons are attacking. That way he knows it's more than likely no one will come near him

Status
Not open for further replies.