Frank the Tank Farewell function

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys
I was at the farewell that was put on by Franks manager, Mario, was a really enjoyable night. Just thought I'd update everyone on the goings on

Frankly did seem upset to have to leave the dogs and didn't seem like it was all that mutual which was upsetting to hear but his manager and others did mention it was to keep some other players so very selfless of him
He was choking back the tears at one stage and was emotional during his speeches
In saying that quite a few dogs players were there last night
Not sure why they ALL weren't there
Lane
Klemmer
Morris boys
Browne
Were the only ones missing
Bj leuila
Vatuvei
Kearney- Broncos asst coach and kiwis coach
Chase Stanley
Cook
We're also there
In saying that the team looked unified and talking to all the players and some people at the club I can tell you they are SUPER pumped for the finals and want to send out tank with a GF win
They seem very motivated and pumped to go all the way for him and wouldn't surprise me to win the GF this year
Even a board director was there and said the boys were pumped for the finals
Didn't realise but he is on 245 games and if we make the GF that puts him on 250

All the boys were taking pictures and were quite happy to talk to the crowd and got involved in Save our Sons charity auctions- a great charity
All well behaved and didn't notice any of them even drink a drop of alcohol although they might have wasn't exactly watching the whole time

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Frankie is a champion bloke and deserved a great night, which it was. Save our Sons certainly deserve the support. Horrific illness in very young boys (mainly) with 100% mortality rate. Horrible.

Had a long chat with all the boys last night. Spoke to JR at length and asked his GF to keep him in check :grinning:

There is a quiet confidence that the boys can go all the way. They are a solid, unified group.

One surprise for me was that Moses was not there. I thought he was close to Frank. I didn't ask why he wasn't there.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rzOpj9dsH0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzOpj9dsH0s[/video]

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was also there and it was a great night entertainment and all!

I think all up there was close to $100k raised for save our sons. The event was originally planned as a simple going away tribute with the proceeds going to Frank, but being the great guy he is he insisted that he didnt want any money and that all money raised was to go to save our sons. A real gentleman of the game that LOVES the club and NEVER wanted to go! He will be missed both on and off the field for all his contributions to the game and the fans!

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
You can just feel the emotions brewing, frankie leaving is about as intense a finals series for us as the 04, post salary cap scandal finals.

I can just tell the boys are ultra determined, its more then just bragging rights and a premiership for them now

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
250th game for Frankie is Grand Final?

Plus the mateship that comes with it, could be a dream for promotions for the NRL (after a rough year).

As if THAT is not a fairytale finish for the NRL if we can do it!

Souths - have had their time, so aren't really relevant.
Roosters - ditto in recent years.
Sharks / Cowboys - THAT would be a fairytale as well.
Dragons / Manly / Storm - meh big deal.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
I wouldnt be looking into why some players werent there! They are all a close bunch. Frank is a true dog.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forgot to mention mbye wasn't there either
She-Rex wasn't there. Also I was suprised to see that Hasler wasn't there either. Overall Frank seems gutted to go but he's aware that by him staying means the dogs might lose a young gun in Klemmer, Jackson or Mbye.

Great night especially with the Darren Carr (ventriloquist) act.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Glad it was a good night and very positive to hear the guys are pumped for a huge finals effort. We are the smoky and we will have every other side looking over their shoulders.

Frankie leaving will make sure each and every bloke on the team is focussed. Something very different about this year feeling wise for me; something special is brewing.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
stupid question, but the function was organised by the club right?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No franks manager and for them to do it I have heard it goes under the salary cap.

Isnt Franks manager is someone's brother on the kennel?

who is the user? B&W?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
B&W's brother used to manage him.

Grubber

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of meeting both Frank & Beastwood on a regular basis over the past few Years!

Both are true champions outside of football!

Wish The Tank all the best & im sure he'll be a hit in the SL next year no doubt!

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
That wasn't at the leagues club was it??
No - was a cruise on the harbour.

Mario (Frank's manager) is a top bloke. He looks after a few other boys on the team including Kas and Beast.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No - was a cruise on the harbour.

Mario (Frank's manager) is a top bloke. He looks after a few other boys on the team including Kas and Beast.
Right ok because yesterday there was a function at canterbury club I walked past and peponis and the big marn were there as well as other past dogs people

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye - has a 2 month old bub.
Klemmer - partner had a new bub only in last few weeks.
That might explain them missing.

TRex - not sure exactly what's going on there. Used to hang around with Krisnan Inu and Hayne quite a bit.

Lane - Past his bedtime?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Such a shame to see him leave the club but I do wish him all the best in future. Maybe he will chuck an Eastwood and come back after a year overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.