Joshua Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds. This is his time to shine. He divides the opinion of both fan and foe. Our season now hangs on his shoulders. Now we get to see what he's really made of. At his best he is brilliant. At his worst he makes us want to kill him. Let's see what he can do. Josh Reynolds- don't let us down!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly right .. he needs to be cool, calm and collected, and this could be where he proves his worth.

As much as it sounds funny, HE needs to take leadership and move our troops around the ground.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has so much strike around him now that he shouldn't feel the weight of expectation to do it all on his own, give early ball, take the line on ONLY when a gap opens up and a solid kicking game and that's all we want from him nothing more, the rest will take care of itself

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I believe that Graham Pritchard and Kasiano are the key to our season. Its rocks or diamonds with Kas and we just have to hope that if we make the GF we get the diamonds... because in the last 2 we have got rocks. If all our passes stick and offloads aren't forced we will be fine imo. However all that does rest on an effective kicking games so we control field position so these passes aren't forced.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has so much strike around him now that he shouldn't feel the weight of expectation to do it all on his own, give early ball, take the line on ONLY when a gap opens up and a solid kicking game and that's all we want from him nothing more, the rest will take care of itself
I would really like to see the Reynolds, Jackson and Lafai combination fire like it did in 2014.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that Graham Pritchard and Kasiano are the key to our season. Its rocks or diamonds with Kas and we just have to hope that if we make the GF we get the diamonds... because in the last 2 we have got rocks. If all our passes stick and offloads aren't forced we will be fine imo. However all that does rest on an effective kicking games so we control field position so these passes aren't forced.
Kas didnt play in last years GF

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Someone just reminded me Kas wasn't in the GF squad last year he was injured... Think it's harsh to call him rocks or diamonds when he didn't play. 2012 he was outstanding and was one of the best props in the game (Voted the best) was easily top 2. He wasn't to blame for our loss. Just out played in the spine especially in the 7. Cronk killed us. Keating didn't put in a grubber behind at all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds. This is his time to shine. He divides the opinion of both fan and foe. Our season now hangs on his shoulders. Now we get to see what he's really made of. At his best he is brilliant. At his worst he makes us want to kill him. Let's see what he can do. Josh Reynolds- don't let us down!
He doesn't need to shine though, he just needs to play simple footy, play direct, organise the players around him and get the ball to where the spaces are.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He just needs to do Hodkos job. Keep it simple and ensure he gets a good kick away after a set no need to run the ball as much.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Early in the season Josh was a lunatic, an ill disciplined penalty dispensing machine.

Then something happened. He did a 180 degree turn in attitude, became a team player and looked good.

I'm not knocking Hodko's ability as a half back, he's got plenty of it, but the fact is he has played with a dud knee all season which made him slow. Reynolds on the other hand has got blistering speed.

Personally, I think that with Mbye and Reynolds in the halves and Cook at hooker/dummy half our attack is a lot more potent than before.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'll say what I always say....he needs to learn CONTROLLED AGGRESSION!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you Izzy, I think we forgetting that Reynolds was going pretty well the month prior to his injury and he's a tough bastard, played through the game injured against sharks and during last yrs gf. We thought when lichaa went down it was all bad but in steps a weapon in cook, now we might see the same with hodkos injury. Reynolds definitely has the skill just loses his shit sometimes but won't happen this time around imo

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Reynolds and Keating can guide us to a gf I'm sure Reynolds and Mbye can.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like him at half on the right side and mbye on the left at 5/8 only thing josh has to watch is his kicks that go dead giving 7 tackles

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
kasiano, bmoz, rona, mbye, klemmer, cook, lane....

We don't need to reply on any one player. Reynolds and Mbye shall be fine as long as their kicking game is on Song

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye has seen the light. In attack he plays direct and gets good early bal to JMoz or Tank and our left side has KILLED it.
JR just needs to do the same on the left. If he can manage that, tackle well and throw in some decent kicks, we'll scare the crap out of anyone.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every man and his dog can see josh plays best when he plays direct. Everyone apart from Josh.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, Josh's long kicking game is underrated. He almost always manages to find turf. Short kicking game is mediocre but mbye seems to be good at those grubbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.