Are Doggies Pretenders If We Lose Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
For me the last 3 weeks form means nothing. It's these games that we also seem to struggle to win. If we win today I'll be confident we can make a push for the title.

Though a true strong team like the 2004 dogs put away 4-5 teams by 50 points in the final six weeks.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Hasler does not like the possibility of having a week off in the finals. He would prefer to play every week. The big players need the work.
Hence he may prefer a spot outside the four.
This thought also crossed my mind. Especially given last year.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Though a true strong team like the 2004 dogs put away 4-5 teams by 50 points in the final six weeks.
I think the gap between bottom n top teams these days is a lot closer tho

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Let's be honest here and recognize that our form has been somewhat patchy for the most part in 2015.Then again with few exceptions so have the seasons of other clubs currently in the top eight. Funny old competition this year, littered with controversy and in some instances 'manufactured' results.

A loss would not be ideal that much is true but look at our game vs. the Titans last year leading into the semis. Game we were expected to win and should have. Big difference was last year we were playing very wounded going into the last round and into the GF. (Crosses fingers here) a bit different this time around. Finals footy is such a very different beast and what is considered acceptable form in the completion proper will not cut it in the finals series. We have room for improvement some of the others don't, they have already played the best they can.
We do need to win this game to continue our roll-on and it will be crucial in determining our exact position in the eight come end of Round 25 but I don't it would mean we are pretenders if we lost. Motivation should not be a problem as a few of our players are moving on, some with their last chance to appear in a Grand Final. I have confidence we can do the job tonight so lets be excited by all means. Newcastle will be up for the game tonight; just look at the facts; Old Boy's day; Gidley's last game at home, Buderus as coach and the fact they want to avoid the wooden spoon.

Let's sit back, and hang on for the ride.
Dogluva , I think Des would have learnt from last years run into the finals ( albeit our boys were injured ) that you have to have your form building add to that Rona , Bmoz , Lane and Mbye .... me thinks we will be out to crush them tonight .

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the last two times we've won a Premiership, we've got absolutely smashed at Newcastle (42-0 in 1995 and by 30 odd in 2004)! Just saying lol
Those were 2 very good newcastle sides unlike this one, we got them back in 2004 when we beat them 52-6 later that year.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose today it doesnt mean we cant have an impact in the finals but you would question our attitude and credentials......we need to throw the ball around and not just play one out crap ......like we played against the rabbits.....we need intensity and line speed in defence ......players in motion in attack.....no stupid penalties......im worried perret will have a shocker today......sorry but i dont have faith in his defence and under high ball

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've been hot and cold all season and have now won the last three after getting done in the previous two. Its just my opinion but to go into the finals with anyl momentum we need to win the next two games in an aggressive fashion.

If we do that we would be the real "Dogs of War" deal and could make the top four.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
If we lose today it doesnt mean we cant have an impact in the finals but you would question our attitude and credentials.
All the kennel experts said the same thing last year after the Gold Coast game!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are pretenders if they don't tell me what is going on.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Top 4 spot on the line, it's s must win as is next week. An extra chance or a week off is too huge of advantage in the finals series and I want it for our team...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes it does, apart from the fact that at this point we need to keep the momentum going, last year we ran out of gas by the GF even factoring all the injuries. For 60 minutes we kept up with the Souths and the last 20 we lost all energy, that happens when you play 3 gruelling semis in a row.

We need that Top 4 spot. There's a reason there hasn't been a single champion outside of the top 4 since the NRL was introduced

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We should NOT be losing to teams not 8 worthy this close to the finals, it would kill the momentum we have made these past few weeks and the pretender label will come out

BulldogFit

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Newcastle r rubbish . We should be playing a solid possession filled 80 minutes with forwards power game . We will not give them a chance and I expect a win by 8-14 points

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should NOT be losing to teams not 8 worthy this close to the finals, it would kill the momentum we have made these past few weeks and the pretender label will come out
We shouldn't but we did last year. We've already made the 8 no matter what happens tonight and next week so it will be interesting to see if we clock off like usual.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My main aim at this point in time is to make finals (done that) injury and suspension free.

Considering the huge amount of injuries and suspensions other teams have gone through in last one week, I rather take next two games very easy, rest key players, if we win, well and good, but we dont want to risk our players. When the finals footy starts we go into 5th gear and start knocking team off like last year and do one better this time.

....as i was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.