Are Doggies Pretenders If We Lose Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking about how excited we are slowly getting with our team,I think if we are serious about the title
We need to win this game comfortably,and also do a Job,I cannot see us winning the competition without
The right mentality tonight,if we are on we are on for the rest of the year......simple really .
Cmon Bulldogs I wanna see you do a Job on those cocky roosters.......2004 repeat

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me the last 3 weeks form means nothing. It's these games that we also seem to struggle to win. If we win today I'll be confident we can make a push for the title.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate, if we lose today it means our season was a fluke.
I think the Dogs showed their credentials against the Bronco's at Suncorp.
We need to keep our minds on the job and focus, not let the dis-tractors succeed.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we lose today it makes no difference to our chances at winning the premiership , weve secured a finals spot.
And the finals is where we will shine.

I say let the knights have their day ( lol) give ourselves a breather, ( less chance of injury) this will : put us back under the radar and flick the bandwagoners
then come out fighting in the finals

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's be honest here and recognize that our form has been somewhat patchy for the most part in 2015.Then again with few exceptions so have the seasons of other clubs currently in the top eight. Funny old competition this year, littered with controversy and in some instances 'manufactured' results.

A loss would not be ideal that much is true but look at our game vs. the Titans last year leading into the semis. Game we were expected to win and should have. Big difference was last year we were playing very wounded going into the last round and into the GF. (Crosses fingers here) a bit different this time around. Finals footy is such a very different beast and what is considered acceptable form in the completion proper will not cut it in the finals series. We have room for improvement some of the others don't, they have already played the best they can.
We do need to win this game to continue our roll-on and it will be crucial in determining our exact position in the eight come end of Round 25 but I don't it would mean we are pretenders if we lost. Motivation should not be a problem as a few of our players are moving on, some with their last chance to appear in a Grand Final. I have confidence we can do the job tonight so lets be excited by all means. Newcastle will be up for the game tonight; just look at the facts; Old Boy's day; Gidley's last game at home, Buderus as coach and the fact they want to avoid the wooden spoon.

Let's sit back, and hang on for the ride.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Na, we wouldn't be pretenders.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we did lose.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Des tanks to get attention off us lol

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a top 4 spot on the cards, why would we tank? We will win tonight.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not dead rubber, we need the two points and our backs are still to the wall after the mid season SOO slump.
We need to do what we have been doing, respecting possession, maintaining good field position and attacking from the middle of the park not fizzing out on the line with a shit kick.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have finally been playing consistently and the confidence is building a loss here would be the last thing we want. Top 4 would be nice but if we continue playing like this it wont matter who or where we play we will win.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think it will take 60-70 mins to beat them but if Eels beat the Sharks we will bury them after the first 20 mins.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Well the last two times we've won a Premiership, we've got absolutely smashed at Newcastle (42-0 in 1995 and by 30 odd in 2004)! Just saying lol

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights beating Melb on Monday was a good thing for the Dogs. Remind them of not getting complacent. Just go in there and let rip these next two games ffs. Put more weight in this momentum we have into the finals.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Knights beating Melb on Monday was a good thing for the Dogs. Remind them of not getting complacent. Just go in there and let rip these next two games ffs. Put more weight in this momentum we have into the finals.
Old boys day, Gids 250th and final game at home, Saturday arvo in scumcastle.

All points to a Newcastle upset. We always drop this kind of game.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
there is a top 4 spot on the cards, why would we tank? We will win tonight.
we shouldn't tank but we should rest the Tank , Kas and Eastwood to reduce their chance of injury , keep em fresh for the finals

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
We not only have to beat the Knights but to give them a caning.

This will send a message to the other pretenders that we are coming to get them from behind. (under the radar)

I dont think the Knights will be up to it.
They already have had their big day out by beating Melb. last week and cannot lift two weeks in a row like that plus
there looked something real shonky about that win.

Seen a big line up by the Melb. players at the TAB after that loss.:grinning:
Not the first time this has happened.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose today it makes no difference to our chances at winning the premiership , weve secured a finals spot.
And the finals is where we will shine.

I say let the knights have their day ( lol) give ourselves a breather, ( less chance of injury) this will : put us back under the radar and flick the bandwagoners
then come out fighting in the finals
Brilliant

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Hasler does not like the possibility of having a week off in the finals. He would prefer to play every week. The big players need the work.
Hence he may prefer a spot outside the four.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My main aim at this point in time is to make finals (done that) injury and suspension free.

Considering the huge amount of injuries and suspensions other teams have gone through in last one week, I rather take next two games very easy, rest key players, if we win, well and good, but we dont want to risk our players. When the finals footy starts we go into 5th gear and start knocking team off like last year and do one better this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.