The hardest farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
What's been the hardest farewell you've ever had to deal with ?

- Pricey hurt a lot.
- Shrek, Nate, Mace all pissed me off.
- David Stagg disappointed me.
- So did Dene Halatau.
- Kane Cleal I felt bad for.
- Krisnan Inu was awesome to have around.
- Mick Ennis was a fave.
- Joel Romelo was a bigger fave.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Patten was a big one for me.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forgot about Ben Barba

*ducking for cover*

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot about Ben Barba

*ducking for cover*
I watched some youtube highlights clip of him last night from 2012. I'm still salty about how it all went down. I mean, yeah, his career is in the toilet now and it looks like we dodged a bullet. But things didnt have to go down the way they did.

Le sigh.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The circumstances of Pricey and the fact that he played another three or four great years at the Warriors was hard to stomach.

People may say it's easy with the benefit of hindsight but at the time I was devastated we didn't re-sign Thurston as he was the future and Anasta had indicated he was leaving for Rugby, Souths or the Roosters. Not to mention, we were all over Braith and Thurston was great whenever he played First Grade and dominated Reserves and Flegg like no other and Thurston has developed into one of the all time greats at another club.

Losing Pritchard is difficult to come to terms with because he's been the clubs best player all season and still has a few good years left in him.

Finally ridding ourselves of Mason and especially Maitua were the easiest and best farewell.

People may throw in Money-Bill but he hardly said farewell now did he??

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pricey and Hazem.

And SBW leaving was pretty tough to take.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hazem farewell game was amazing. Everyone allowed on the field after the game. You could feel the love for the bloke all over the stadium that day. Fans from every other club in attendance.

Our club killed it the way that they organised that day.

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
chris armit to me was a first grader of yesteryear working while playing always putting in 100% known by few outside the club

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Patten for me being a 2000 kid and hazem of course

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How could anyone miss out Andrew Ryan??

Champion player, and a champion bloke.

One of those people who has time for everyone.

Him and Pricey are very similar in character.

For me: Pricey, Patten, Hazem, and Ryan.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hazem and steve prices were the hardest to take, both had been exceptional role models and great clubmen who put so much into the club and always showed how to be very professional

ennis and patten were big favorites when they left it was like the club lost something

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem was the saddest and his last home game crowd of over 40 thousand proved that, it was against the warriors and funnily enough Franky will do the same against the same team but won't get half that crowd imo, haz hands down

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all hate barba on here BUT had he left on good terms then he would of been our biggest ever loss as a player the way he used to play for us but sadly he is nothing but scum like sbw. Speaking of sbw, has anyone heard anything about him finishing his career back at the dogs?? I keep hearing it around hence the main reason they invited him over to the team of the decade night or whatever it was. Going by his voice recording he left, he did constantly apologise and said he always wore the jersey with pride. I wouldn't want him back no way but I think raelene might have different ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.