Why Newcastle's Mata'utia brothers said no to Canterbury coach Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Speaking of dodging bullets, Remember when Hayne dodged bullets at Kings Cross? Look at him now ...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of dodging bullets, Remember when Hayne dodged bullets at Kings Cross? Look at him now ...
Yeah, and now he's living in the US he has probably more chances of having to dodge bullets!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, and now he's living in the US he has probably more chances of having to dodge bullets!!
He's in San Francisco, he has to dodge bullets of a different kind....

Actually, rumour has it he enjoys..... them. It? Dick. Whatever. He likes the peen.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should be thanking them tbh. We offered them 4 year contracts on decent money and they would have been chewing up a fair bit of our cap if they came across. We almost got sucked into the hype about them.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank god some of crushers master plans never came off ,these guys ,Fifita on ridiculous money fuk me
Not only that, Fifita and his brother are among the biggest dickheads to ever play the game. After their terrible treatment of a junior referee last year their thuggish behaviour should have seen them barred for live from rep footy. I wouldn't have wanted these thugs to ever be a part of our club, full stop. Good riddance!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Playing Sione in the backrow so soon is such a poor decision from Brown. Kid is 19.. Never played there before.. Had a strong game v Raiders but long term.. No

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess they figured if they want to spend more time with their mum, Newcastle would be the best place.. They'll have plenty of time after round 26.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Playing Sione in the backrow so soon is such a poor decision from Brown. Kid is 19.. Never played there before.. Had a strong game v Raiders but long term.. No
Brown said he didn't want to for another couple of years but injuries forced his hand. He was great yesterday too - 123m 29 tackles and looked pretty dangerous whenever he had the ball. If he stays in the back row I reckon he will be in the Origin and Australian team in 3 or 4 years

Other brothers aren't anywhere near as good

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Wayne Bennett say that Sione was going to be one of Knights best ever players and have a great career at Fullback?.

what prompted the switch to second row? Sorry I haven't had the chance to watch many Newcastle games.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Wayne Bennett say that Sione was going to be one of Knights best ever players and have a great career at Fullback?.

what prompted the switch to second row? Sorry I haven't had the chance to watch many Newcastle games.
Was playing crap at fullback so they had to move Gagai there. He's young and probably isn't ready to be the star of the team they need him to be. Newcastle's cap management is either the worst or they must not have many TPA's.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think sione is going to turn into a hell of a backrower. remember the chap could still be playing 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.