Round 25 - Dogs vs Knights - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very nice. Still finished out of the eight so no finals there for us. Who scored and who played well?
In a match where defence was thrown out the window, the young pups were able to record a 52-18 win over the Knights at Hunter Stadium this afternoon.

It was 10 tries to four after 80 minutes with the side recording their ninth win of the season.

There was just one change to the side named earlier in the week by Coach Scott Murray with Reubenn Rennie coming in for Jayden Okunbor.

The young pups went to the half-time break leading 20-4 after four tries were scored throughout the opening 40 minutes.

The 13th minute saw centre Michael Morgan open the account and Keighran converted to put the side in front 6-nil.

The home side answered back seven minutes later through halfback Jack Cogger but it couldn’t be converted with the visitors now behind on the scoreboard by just two, 6-4.

It was the final 10 minutes of the half where the young pups drove the nail in with three tries being scored. Five-eighth Bronson Garlick crossed first, with Royce Hunt barging over soon after and Renouf To’omaga made it a trifecta when he scored as the half-time siren sounded. Keighran converted just one of the tries, giving the side a 20-4 lead at the break.

The second stanza started in the same fashion as the first finished with three tries being score in the opening six minutes of play. Keighran split the Knights up the middle and ran 40m basically untouched to score, winger Reimis Smith crossed off the back of a sweeping play that went from one side to the other and Harry Pondekas ended up with the ball after a break was made from inside their own half. Keighran converted two of the tries, putting the young pups in front 36-4.

Defence wasn’t on the agenda in this match with the tries just continuing to be scored by both sides. The Knights grabbed the next one through hooker Jack Kelly that was then converted by Bryce Donovan before Harry Pondekas crossed for his first of the afternoon. Guy Hamilton took over the kicking duties and converted to leave the scoreboard reading 42-10 after 55 minutes.

A try to the Knights Ken Tofilau was quickly cancelled out by two tries to the Bulldogs, with Pondekas bagging his second and Smith doing the same in the south-west corner. Josh Bergamin took over the kicking duties and knocked it over smartly from the sideline to put the visitors lead out to 52-14 after 66 minutes.

Just four minutes later the tackles again weren’t being made with Knights centre Braden Robson going over after a mid-field bust. Donovan missed the conversion with the scoreboard looking just a little bit more respectable, 52-18.

That’s how the scoreboard stayed until the final siren sounded, with sides struggling to hold the ball and a number of penalties being awarded to both teams.

BULLDOGS 52 (Smith 2, Pondekas 2, Morgan, Garlick, Hunt, To’omaga, Rennie Tries; Cogger, Kelly, Tofilau, Robson Tries; Keighran 4, Hamilton 1, Bergamin 1 Goals)

Def.

Knights 18 (Cogger, Kelly, Tofilau, Robson Tries; Donovan 1 Goal)

At: Hunter Stadium, Newcastle

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/08/29/pups_dominate_knight.html

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is anyone else nervous? Any of you guys at the game? What is the crowd like?
I'm here. Crowds building, but not as big as I thought.
They walked the Newcastle "old boys" around and no-one gave a shit.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm here. Crowds building, but not as big as I thought.
They walked the Newcastle "old boys" around and no-one gave a shit.
Thanks mate. Thought that it would be a big crowd for a Saturday and a few milestones for their players. Looks like they don't give a sh@t about the team either. Number of Dogs fans there?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like des under the Rader is working lol fox just tipped against us 2-3 hahahahaha just how we like it

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching Voss and Badge outside the ground on Fox, giving us heaps and poo pooing our last few weeks. They are talking up the crowd and saying it is massive.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I hope we are not flat. With the top 4 nearly out of reach we don't have a lot to play for.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
C'mon boys this is an important game, few players look dead serious which is good.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gidleys misses is alright to be honest

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah she is definitely alright lol

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I owe you all one. GO THE BULLDOGS:-)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
**** me Eastwood might be hurt...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
C'mon boys plays consistent and well today.

**** me Eastwood was hit high where is the penalty...

Status
Not open for further replies.