Assuming Cook continues to play well, what happens to Reynolds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like Reynolds, I really do. But I think we'd be wasting a bench spot, carrying a utility.
Cook is a real hooker, that plays like a hooker should. Good service, good running game and makes 40+ tackles.
Harsh it may seem, IMO Reynolds should sit on the sidelines, support his team-mates and concentrate on making the most of his shot next year.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Reynolds, I really do. But I think we'd be wasting a bench spot, carrying a utility.
Cook is a real hooker, that plays like a hooker should. Good service, good running game and makes 40+ tackles.
Harsh it may seem, IMO Reynolds should sit on the sidelines, support his team-mates and concentrate on making the most of his shot next year.
Hotly debated topic from other threads. My view is simple. Don't mess with a winning formula. We are going ok at the moment so I'd let the team carry on without Reynolds until next year. Cook will get better and unless we are carrying injuries I'd rather have 4 big bodies on the bench unless a utility was required. Let's see what the mad scientist has in store for us as we roll into the finals

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
at this stage of the comp, form takes precedence over experience.

Even if Liccha comes back tomorrow he will be struggling to take his spot back from Cook.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Even if Liccha comes back tomorrow he will be struggling to take his spot back from Cook.
This. But with Des calling the shots you never know.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What cook did over the weekend has me impressed in one game, what Lichaa has done this whole year hasn't wowed me like cook

I call for new Cookie Banners!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa is still a superior no.9 to Reynolds, and Cook has shown more flair in one game than Lichaa has all season, despite the fact i'm a staunch Lichaa supporter, as someone above has said, even if he was to come back from injury next week he'd struggle to take the spot from Cook.

Mbye and Hodkinson have been in tremendous form, Reynolds hasn't got the half the skill Mbye does, and has double the amount of errors in him, he shouldn't displace any of our halves. If he didn't get suspended so much he might've been a player that could walk straight back in

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens because Reynolds absolutely cannot replace Cook. I don't care what people say about Reynolds being a hooker in his junior years or whatever, he is a shit hooker.

If it was earlier this year I would say Grub would definitely come onto the bench. However more than one player has come out saying how we cannot carry 3 halves, and how it was a luxury for a while but isn't sustainable. So if Des puts Reynolds on the bench it kinda contradicts all of that. And what would he do on the bench? Who comes off? Cook is doing well so why bring him off and you most certainly cannot be bringing Hodko or Mbye off at the moment.

I guess the only arguement is to replace Cook as he is inexperienced... but he did fine against the Rabbitohs.

We will see I guess. I would leave him in NSW Cup tbh.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I doubt that very much lol licha will be playing origin within a few years I reckon.

Cook did extremely we'll but I see him like a p.j marsh type player and licha like a Danny buderas type player.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was impressed with cooks performance on Friday and i must admit im a fan but id still like to see how he will cope when we play tough grinding football, whether or not he will cope under the pressure of finals football. My gut feeling is because of cooks inexperience, Des will sacrifice one of the forwards and use Josh as a utility.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was impressed with cooks performance on Friday and i must admit im a fan but id still like to see how he will cope when we play tough grinding football, whether or not he will cope under the pressure of finals football. My gut feeling is because of cooks inexperience, Des will sacrifice one of the forwards and use Josh as a utility.

I reckon this as well, I think Perret will be dropped to accommodate Reynolds inclusion to the team.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Drop Lloyd perret - Insert Reynolds.

HIs energy coming off the bench will impact a lot.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop Lloyd perret - Insert Reynolds.

HIs energy coming off the bench will impact a lot.
You would have to think Tolman in for L. Perrett. Also need to stick to the 4 forward rotation pushing our power play through the middle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
cook stays and reynolds plays nsw cup to get back in form.
Pretty sure NSW cup season is over and they will be starting the finals this week or next. Dunno if we even made the finals lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep a four forward bench with Jacko being our utility and play the only fulltime hooker in the squad at hooker, which is Cook. Reynolds can wait until next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keep a four forward bench with Jacko being our utility and play the only fulltime hooker in the squad at hooker, which is Cook. Reynolds can wait until next year.
Exactly, Cook has played Hooker all year in NSW cup...he has way more experience in that position than anyone else in the club, it makes no sense to play anyone else there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.