Hodkinson real reason he left dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone see this report on channel 9 news.

They interview him and he basically said he was forced out the door and gave the club every opportunity to make him an offer but they supposedly didn't.

Said he was not dirty on the club but it really tested him (probably explains some of his poor form I guess).

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
there are conflicting stories that say he received an offer but wanted more and wanted it to be longer duration.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hodkinson must be having second thoughts about the knights.

Lucky we missed out on the matuatai brothers they have nothing.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Either way he took it like a man. Wish him all the luck. He just lacked a kicking game and decided to go forward instead of sideways a little too late.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when TG said he was never offered anything?

Yeah.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was reported early on in negotiations that Hodko asked to stay.

Malla

Reaction score
I think stories and false rumors will continue to come out. But the main thing is that Hokko did take it like a man and moved on. He gave his everything to the club. Played a GF on one leg and gave us so much. Let's not ruin it by allowing these false stories in the media to become a big deal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the factors effecting his form but the club probably said they wouldn't offer him anything until his form improved and his form would improve until he got another contract.

Bit of a stalemate.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless of mbye carrying on with these negotiations hokko was not a good player and stifled our attack and the club made the right move

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I agree he has been a good person for the club and a great role model he is not a halfback who has been good on the field except for parts of last year.

He frustrates the crap out of me with his 5th tackle or even earlier options as he doesn't want to take the 5th sometimes I feel.

It was reported several times he was offered an offer by the club. It was obviously not much compared to what he wanted most likely due to playing for NSW.

At his best he is a very serviceable halfback in the NRL. Not the top tier but good enough, though sadly the end of last year and all bar maybe 1 game this year he has been woeful. He has no attacking game, a average passing game, shocking kicking game and generally horrible decisions. Though I wish him all the best it's easy to see why Mbye is preferred purely on the potential of both a running game and a kicking game as he develops hopefully. While Reynolds can be an idiot, he has a good running game, a solid kicking game (he started even kicking 40/20's something I've not seen Hodko do in years), just lacks the passing game and composure.

Not to mention poor Hodko's knees can't be to good. Still a top bloke and wish him all the best.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didn't offer him anything out of respect and because his form didn't warrant it. Out of respect an offer was prob not put forward because of his asking price and he was playing kaka

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good luck to hodko, at least hes signed a contract and knows what his future is, have to say he was more loyal to the dogs during contract negotiations then mbye is

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I knew he wouldn't of been re-signed as his stats were awful and Des is the moneyball coach.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I always thought we wouldnt have put much effort into trying to retain him. We needed to get rid of a half, and we did. I have no problem with it. TBH i dont really care why he went in any case. Hes going. And we will still have 2 halves. Thats all that matters.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Remember when TG said he was never offered anything?

Yeah.
And remember when all the clowns came out of the circus and called BS / had goes at him regarding his information?

Once again shows that TG's mail was spot on.

If Hodkos come out himself and said it, he (Hodko) has no reason to lie about it, and he's not dirty at the club for moving him on.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that the real reason that Hodkinson left is that although he played in consecutive Origin eries the Dogs just didn't want a one legged half back that killed our attack.

S

saleh

its jonesbarry bitches!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
incorrect, Hodkinson was offered a contract initially, it was pulled of the table, as per reports.
he was then offered a new contract which was very low.
so whoever TG is his mail was wrong
and just like that, his previous identity was exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.