The Gerard Sutton Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In today's game against Cronulla the Bulldogs showed no aggression in defence and spent most of the game in their own half. I was surprised that James Graham and David Klemmer (although he was heavily marked) made next to no impact on the game.

But then I thought about the fallout from the Good Friday game against Souths.

Sutton was the referee, Graham and Klemmer both mouthed off at him re the Adam Reynolds incident and both were suspended thanks to the good advice they gave Sutton.

So I wonder if these two players in particular were afaraid to play their normal game thinking that something similar could happen again. And the rest of the forwards followed suit.

What are your thoughts fellas?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer made some massive runs although james was very quiet. Sutton had a inferiority complex but he isnt to blame for todays loss although he certainly contributed to it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have we won a match reffed by that cum guzzling queen?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Penalties was 14 to 6 Sharks way
completion 22 from 35
penalty from in font for a charge down from Reynolds
disallowed try for Morris
We played shit but the ref needs a belting

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Penalties was 14 to 6 Sharks way
completion 22 from 35
penalty from in font for a charge down from Reynolds
disallowed try for Morris
We played shit but the ref needs a belting
14-6 penalty count yet score was 18-16 with similar game stats to sharks in other areas? Makes sense ey lol

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
14-6 penalty count yet score was 18-16 with similar game stats to sharks in other areas? Makes sense ey lol
I want to know have we won a penalty count this year

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We played poorly and shot ourselves in the foot more than once, but anyone who says that Mr Sutton did not play a part in our loss today, well.....
TWICE players from our side were taken out; once after a kick downfield, by a front on smother tackle from I think Mick Ennis and once after a passs by Josh Reynolds by a pseudo shoulder charge from another Sharks player that left Josh lying on the ground and required his removal from the field for a period of time for attention for a shoulder injury . On neither occasion were the incidents looked at nor were the Sharks penalised . Fast forward to a very crucial time later in the game where Valentine Holmes attempts a field goal which fails and he is hit pretty much simultaneously by Josh Reynolds about 20 metres out from our try line.Result, the player lies on the ground as if hit by a truck and after a delay a penalty kick awarded to the Sharks which is converted putting them eight points ahead...the player who took the kick was the one supposedly injured. It was like watching Black Friday all over again. I thought James Graham was very respectful and subdued in his conversation with Sutton at that time but I could not help thinking respect is a two way street and the smirk on his (Sutton)face as he placed our player on report did not sit well with me nor did the way he spoke earlier to I think it was Josh Reynolds when he told him something along the lines of 'get out of my face'. Imagine a player saying that to a referee; response would be a penalty, a report for dissent and maybe even a sin bin.

14-6 was the penalty count and it was a telling statistic.

No denying that any impetus that we had in the game was quickly cruelled by poor passes and dropped ball on our part, but also on two occasions, when in possession, ( on a rare time that our defence actually had them on the back foot) Cronulla players took time out to lie on the ground apparently injured , once with Luke Lewis who after a substantial delay for attention was able to regain his feet and walk slowly beside the trainer towards the sideline ,pause a foot inside the field of play , only to then turn around and walk slowly back to the play the ball area , take the ball from his team mate and play it. Only after that did he actually leave the playing field for assessment. We had to cool our heels while all this happened.The second; Paul Gallen who lay on the ground clutching at a shoulder only to then after a delay bounce to his feet, play the ball and continue playing as if nothing had happened. Not very sporting in my books but Mr Sutton swallowed it all hook line and sinker.

Our club needs to have a chat to the powers that be at the NRL and ask them for a bit of a fair go, to respect our players, fans and club in the way it wishes us to respect them.

Rant over ( for the time being)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so did they explain what did they exactly penalized Reynolds for?

late?

high shot?

wearing blue n white jersey?

Barba

TANK
Reaction score

late?

high shot?

He literally said something like the contact was not good or something

Was it high or late or is sutton a ****wit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

late?

high shot?

Clear contact with the head. Was always going to happen with how he jumps into tackles arms everywhere.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The ref was biased no doubt about that

I don't see how Cronulla deserved 14 penalties when they were doing exactly the same thing as well. Only reason we lost by 2 is because the Sharks are a pile of crap, says a lot about us because despite Sutton we should've had that game in the bag if we didn't f*cking drop the ball everytime we had it on attack

lafai

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What about the we were shit and the other side was better factor?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It was frustrating to see those drug cheats and that wife basher interfering in our play the ball but none of the refs were picking up on that.

Whats even worse, twice, ennis catches our markers not squared and they get a penalty. Reynolds and lichaa do they same and we dont get penalty.

It always seems that refs are using their own discretion of the rules against us.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Far from it. Sharks are the worse team in the nrl, they made far more mistakesthan we did but they were benefited with penalty counts to them

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apart from Gerard Sutton being Cronulla's MOM, here are a couple of stats that indicate why this was the case:

Possession: Bulldogs 44% - Cronulla 56%
Penalties: Bulldogs 6 - Cronulla 14

The penalties dictated possession and was the killer. Bulldogs got a penalty every six minutes - Sharks got one every three minutes.

Bearing in mind it finished up a two point loss with three tries each, if the game was played on "a level playing field" the Bulldogs would have posted a very good win.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sutton dropped the ball how many times missed how many tackles obstructed how many times, stop blaming the referees they had some impact on the game but it was minimal
sutton hates the dogs yes, but was he the reason we lost........no

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
James graham of 2014 shits on the James graham of 2015
maybe the captain role is weighing him down
for the first time ever I was calling for him to be taken off and rested during the second half of yesterday's game because he was being dominated in tackles constantly

ps sorry assassin but that's exactly how I felt and what I saw.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are feeding this monster by being submissive.

If I was Des Id stand myself down appoint a new coach and spend the rest of the season putting a spreadsheet together of all the Gerard slutton bad calls and missed calls ,take it to an independant assessor, then build a case of corruption in league.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are feeding this monster by being submissive.

If I was Des Id stand myself down appoint a new coach and spend the rest of the season putting a spreadsheet together of all the Gerard slutton bad calls and missed calls ,take it to an independant assessor, then build a case of corruption in league.
Would not be enough paper in the world to accomplish this I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.