Car Buying Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So.... for the first time in recorded history, I am going to be somewhere in the next 12 months Debt free (i don't own a home or anything, but still it is exciting)

To celebrate this, my wife wants to put us back into debt!!!

She wants to get rid of our car and get another......

Her criteria for this car is

A SUV type
No older than 2010
Automatic
MAX $20,000

Can anyone make any suggestions

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stay well and truely away from captiva they all have major problems and will cripple you .
The xtrail we had before never missed a beat check the nrma site out of what to avoid

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers brother, sorry to have missed catching up last night...

Was a good win, F#@K knows how there was 17,000 there though

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hyundai Santa Fe
Best value for money large suv on the market
I got the wife one
Ticks every box
I test drove everything
Best by far for so many reasons

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Honda CR-V or a rav 4 very good cars

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers brother, sorry to have missed catching up last night...

Was a good win, F#@K knows how there was 17,000 there though
Crowd was small dogs fans seemed to out number parra fans though and although the first half sucked we got a win woo hoo

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
HSV VF GTS because stuff SUVs lol

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Audi Q7. For 20k you'll probably get a 2005-2006. In turbo diesel you can't go wrong. Basically, the only difference with the older Q7s pre 2010 are the front chrome grill, besides that the interior is pretty much the same.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Audi Q7. For 20k you'll probably get a 2005-2006. In turbo diesel you can't go wrong. Basically, the only difference with the older Q7s pre 2010 are the front chrome grill, besides that the interior is pretty much the same.
Mates parents who are well off bought a new Q7 this year, despite a few issues Audi knows of and doesn't know how to fix they are pretty nice.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stay well and truely away from captiva they all have major problems and will cripple you .
The xtrail we had before never missed a beat check the nrma site out of what to avoid
Stay the fck away from craptiva!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mates parents who are well off bought a new Q7 this year, despite a few issues Audi knows of and doesn't know how to fix they are pretty nice.
If I had a million to spend, I still wouldn't buy a new Q7 let alone any new car. New cars are just disasters on wheels. I rarely see anyone buy a new car and not have to return it to the dealer to get some stupid issue fixed that shouldn't have even occurred.

The only problem with buying expensive cars is that if you've had an accident, the insurance company would rather pay to get it fixed even if it will cost an arm and a leg just so they don't have to fork out the whole amount. I just got my Q7 back from the smash repair after 3 months, 30K+ to repair, and the insurance still opted to fix it rather than pay it out. BIG KICK IN THE NUTS!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I had a million to spend, I still wouldn't buy a new Q7 let alone any new car. New cars are just disasters on wheels. I rarely see anyone buy a new car and not have to return it to the dealer to get some stupid issue fixed that shouldn't have even occurred.

The only problem with buying expensive cars is that if you've had an accident, the insurance company would rather pay to get it fixed even if it will cost an arm and a leg just so they don't have to fork out the whole amount. I just got my Q7 back from the smash repair after 3 months, 30K+ to repair, and the insurance still opted to fix it rather than pay it out. BIG KICK IN THE NUTS!
Yeah plus the luxury car tax you get pinged with, I prefer cars from the 80s and 90s to be honest.

Insurance companies seem more likely to call a car a write off rather then fix them when it comes to cheaper cars aswell.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
So.... for the first time in recorded history, I am going to be somewhere in the next 12 months Debt free (i don't own a home or anything, but still it is exciting)

To celebrate this, my wife wants to put us back into debt!!!

She wants to get rid of our car and get another......

Her criteria for this car is

A SUV type
No older than 2010
Automatic
MAX $20,000

Can anyone make any suggestions
Why an SUV?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah plus the luxury car tax you get pinged with, I prefer cars from the 80s and 90s to be honest.

Insurance companies seem more likely to call a car a write off rather then fix them when it comes to cheaper cars aswell.
I'd give it all up for a 66 Mustang.

There's not enough luxury in any car that could even compete with a old school Mustang.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd give it all up for a 66 Mustang.

There's not enough luxury in any car that could even compete with a old school Mustang.
I'm not a ford man but I love the 66-66 Mustang Fastback. This model has the 4 smaller lights at the rear as opposed to the 2 larger lights that's in the Eleanor. Actually thinking of buying one from the U.S. I used to love them in red but now I'm think black with gold stripes or silver with black stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.