Reaction score
It will be very interesting to hear what cam smith has to say on it now,
If anything at all,

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note, alexs gf is exactly the girl you would like to have as your life partner, what a legend.

She has her entire life infront of her but she is prepared to spend it taking care of love of her life.

Salute!

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cameron Smith and the Melbourne "big 3" have always been a protected species. I can assure you that if it was the Bulldogs rather than Melbourne and if our captain arguing the penalty like smith was their would've been a massive outcry. I can only begin to imagine what the outcome would be

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think anyone on the field thought his injury was as serious as it turned out and as for the smith comments it seems abit of media beat up captains from every team want to argue every call with the refs thats just the way it goes

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note, alexs gf is exactly the girl you would like to have as your life partner, what a legend.

She has her entire life infront of her but she is prepared to spend it taking care of love of her life.

Salute!
Exactly right,
And you can tell it's genuine,

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The reality is rugbh league is a brutual sport, but accidents can happen in the lamest of all sports like cricket ala hughes.

Hope alex keeps recovering and gets on his feet sooner rather than later.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think cameron smith deserves an apology

Let me start by saying what happened to alex mccinnon is incredibly sad. We all wish him the best recovery.

But the slanderous comments towards cameron smith are uncalled for..

Cameron smith is the melbourne storm captain and he needs to argue the point in favour of his team. If a pass is called forward they argue it was backwards. His players were put on report and his job is to bring facts to support his players case.

Cameron had no idea of the severity of the tackle at the time.. players leave the field every game for injuries. There is no way camerson smith could have known the severity of the situation. Im sure if he had have known he would have let the issue go..

If people saw the footage, cameron smith looked as concerned for alex safety as anyone else. Most captains argue a case for their team and players all the time...

I agree that when we consider the outcome of alex injury its not approriate for cameron smith to argue about who is at fault or if alex contributed to the injury... but at the time he could not have known the severity of the situation at the time... noone did.

Lets all wish alex mccinnon well but cameron smith doesnt have anything to answer for this and media and fans shouldnt level cruticism his way.. he is owed an apology

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly right,
And you can tell it's genuine,
Yeah mate its not even the case that alex is super rich or any source of income for the future, which could be the incentive for some gold diggers. Infact it sounds like he is broke. Really wish all the best to them.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont think anyone on the field thought his injury was as serious as it turned out and as for the smith comments it seems abit of media beat up captains from every team want to argue every call with the refs thats just the way it goes
Is it really worth arguing a penalty 20 seconds from half time. And if play is stopped for 8 or 10 mins and Smith doesn't realise it serious then he's got problems.

nightprowler88

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow, what a grub. Not even specifically for arguing with the ref. How can you captain a team who leaves a guy paralyzed, and never extend the olive branch, send your condolences?? Seems like a real dick move to me. Cant say I'm surprised.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not everyone heard this.. especially the players on the field.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, what a grub. Not even specifically for arguing with the ref. How can you captain a team who leaves a guy paralyzed, and never extend the olive branch, send your condolences?? Seems like a real dick move to me. Cant say I'm surprised.

Maybe you didn't hear about this from the Storm.

2. Storm players led by captain Cameron Smith requested to visit Alex in hospital numerous times while he was in Melbourne. The requests were declined which was totally understandable given Alex needed to focus on the initial stages of his recovery;

3. Storm’s Football Director continued to liaise with his Newcastle equivalent regarding the right time for club players to contact Alex in the weeks and months after the incident;

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...on-alex-mckinnon/story-fni3gpfg-1227429136441

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And then on the other hand you have graham goes out of his way and diverts refs attention to the care of the opposition kicker while his own team is on the attack and he gets suspended for it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to hear what cam smith has to say on it now,
If anything at all,
Cameron Smith has said he will watch to see what was said, before commenting.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cameron smith deserves all the critisim he gets for not just the way he carried on but the amout of time he was carrying on.
Douche bag

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate ... would Ennis have acted differently?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
If Alex was your son or brother, would you still think smith is the victim. you are off your head.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So everyone knows

Jordan McLean's actions in Alex McKinnon tackle were not 'significant' cause of injury, panel decides

Melbourne forward Jordan McLean had an additional four matches added to his suspension for the tackle that left Alex McKinnon with spinal damage because the NRL judiciary panel considered his actions were not a "significant" cause of the injury sustained by the Newcastle forward.

McLean was found guilty of a grade two dangerous throw, which carries a base penalty of 325 demerit points, but he received a seven match ban at Wednesday night's judiciary hearing after the panel deemed the 22-year-old should receive an additional 400 demerit points for the injury suffered by McKinnon.

The revelation that McLean's suspension was increased to take into account the injury has prompted criticism from some who believe that judiciary offences should be judged solely on their merit, but it is common for the match review committee to grade an offence higher if an opposition player was badly hurt.

In fact, Fairfax Media has learnt that McLean received only an extra four game ban for a tackle that resulted in McKinnon fracturing his C4 and C5 vertebrae and damaging his spinal cord because the judiciary panel of Mal Cochrane, Bob Lindner and Chris McKenna felt his role in causing the injury was "right down the very end of the scale".

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-of-injury-panel-decides-20140403-zqq9u.html

So who were they blaming for the injury, if the player who tackled him wasn't the 'significant' cause of the injury

Status
Not open for further replies.