Is Tony Williams done with the dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to add to ur last bit lets jus cop it on the chin n move on without him. We havnt really had any bad experiences with failed player payouts.. so this surely wouldn't hurt..
Yeah why not atleast that's 600k for Klemmer,Moses and Jacko

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is wondering the source of this rumour, it's the NRL rumour page on Facebook. I saw it last night.

It said something like "The Bulldogs can officially announce that second rower Tony Williams will not be at the club next year and will pursue an opportunity in the ESL"

The only problem is that I'm sure the club won't ever use a third party, especially the administrator of a Facebook rumour page, to make official announcements

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
T.Williams was meant to be wrecking ball playing out on the fringes, breaking lines and busting through tackles as he was like that under Dessie at Manly and thought he would do the same for us but he hasn't.

For 2 seasons i have given him the benefit of the doubt but he hasnt done much for us and we wasted $600k on him. I know in the first season he had injury problems, 2nd season he was meant to step up but still did not deliver.

In 3 games Shaun Lane has done more than what T.Williams has done for us in 2.5 seasons

nightprowler88

Waterboy
Reaction score
In 3 games Shaun Lane has done more than what T.Williams has done for us in 2.5 seasons
100%! Big T-rex lost the wind out his sails long before he came to Belmore. That dude should be breaking necks every week, not pussy footing up to the line and fumbling off loads.

Good riddance.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I dont think we have seen the best of Lloyd Perett yet , a little more fine tuning with him and he could be a good player , see ya Trex

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think we have seen the best of Lloyd Perett yet , a little more fine tuning with him and he could be a good player , see ya Trex
I agree bigger frame and bends the line when he runs .... Same the same work rate and ethic as tolman but with size

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been pretty disappointed with lloyd this year hes been pretty soft to be honest but last game he was more aggressive which he looked alot better

K

kDog

Ive been pretty disappointed with lloyd this year hes been pretty soft to be honest but last game he was more aggressive which he looked alot better
True true. He's got what it takes, I reckon the fact that klemmer (bein almost the same age) has been really standing up n not leavin anything in the tank has most probably motivated him.

If klemmer continues the way he has he'll lift the canterbury forward pack for many years to come n hopefully bring back the "dogs of war" era.

This bloke is somethin special.....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How easy to start something out of nothing.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Williams is just like all the other lazy forwards like Dave Taylor, they have all the talent in the world but they just dont want to put in 100%

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he does go, i would've liked us to have had a crack at getting that Grevshmul from souths before he re-signed with them. I really rate him and love how he always runs so aggressively. Im sure Dessie has a plan and will start blooding youngsters coming through. Rather than pay premium to bring a recognized backrower to the club, we could blood some up and coming youngsters (for example Lane) and they will be on peanuts for a couple of seasons till they improve and get upgrades or poached by other clubs as they do.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he does go, i would've liked us to have had a crack at getting that Grevshmul from souths before he re-signed with them. I really rate him and love how he always runs so aggressively. Im sure Dessie has a plan and will start blooding youngsters coming through. Rather than pay premium to bring a recognized backrower to the club, we could blood some up and coming youngsters (for example Lane) and they will be on peanuts for a couple of seasons till they improve and get upgrades or poached by other clubs as they do.
Good call. I wanted us to go after Grevshmul also. It doesn't sound like Souths re-signed him long term either so he could be off contract next year also. Either way, this year would have been perfect while his price was down. I feel he could really break out at any time and jack his price up quickly.

And I also hope that next year is like this year and T-Rex is on his way out. He will still show flashes but I just want to be done with him all together so that a new, hungrier player like Lane or Grevshmul or whoever can re-invigorate the team even more after Hodkinson leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.