Titans begin negotiations with Trent Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/hodkinson-to-replace-backflipping-dce-17865/
http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sp.../story-e6frf56c-1227404687994?from=public_rss

The Titans have begun negotiations with Trent Hodkinson as they look to replace Daly Cherry-Evans with the NSW halfback who outpointed him again in Origin II.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans have upped the ante in the pursuit of off-contract Hodkinson, who trumped Cherry-Evans to pilot NSW to a 26-18 victory at the MCG and keep their title defence alive.

Queensland legend Wally Lewis on Thursday endorsed the Titans’ interest in Hodkinson, saying the Blues No. 7 could form a formidable union with rising playmaker Kane Elgey.

The Titans have been linked with a number of playmakers, including Parramatta’s Chris Sandow, Roosters’ James Maloney and emerging Canterbury young gun Moses Mbye and Hodkinson is now officially on the their radar.
I would have thought it Maloney was too expensive for them, that Hodko would be as well.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol look what NSW winning could do for him.

Scrap heap after game 1. Titans going guns blazing after game 2.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Better sign that line before game 3.

If he has a shocker all bets might be off!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there anything our club can do to speed up negotiations????

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$20 he has a good Game 3, he gets signed up for 3 years, next year Moses is in Titans colours and he makes it to the Grand Final in his first year there.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I hope Hodko get's a big pay day from them but if I was a Titans fan I wouldn't be keen on them chasing him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hodkinson may have fooled everyone again into giving him a richer, longer contract than he probably deserves by catching and passing and tackling in an Origin. It's amazing that a player who really shouldn't be there to begin with now will get a decent deal not because he played well in one game, but because he didn't play badly... Other off contract players in the league must be scratching their heads and wondering how he does it...

Anyway, as long as both sides move on as a result, I'm happy and as I said after Wednesday, his "virtuoso" performance is probably the best case scenario for him to secure a new deal elsewhere in the next few weeks.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
$20 he has a good Game 3, he gets signed up for 3 years, next year Moses is in Titans colours and he makes it to the Grand Final in his first year there.
No don't give me nightmares. Really don't wanna see Hodko in a dogs jumper next season.

Mbye>Hodko

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He should suit the Titans well. Elgey can be the flair and Hodko can plod along next to him

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can't find Josh Reynolds' on/off switch or a way to control his enthusiasm we might miss Trent's cool head and calming effect but that is a risk I'm willing to live with to retain Mbye long term.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only $20?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im going to take you up on that bet. Moses will be at the doggies next year for sure, i cant lose!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will miss him as a person tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.