Krisnan Inu back in Rugby League (Catalan Dragons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only a short term deal. Wonder if the rumoured link up with Pritchard at Hull will happen next year or not.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/krisnan-inu-returns-rugby-league/

FORMER Kiwi Test centre Krisnan Inu is back in rugby league.

He has joined Super League outfit Catalans Dragons from union club Stade Francais on a short-term contract to the end of the season.

Inu, who was a member of New Zealand’s 2008 World-Cup winning team, scored 65 tries in 139 NRL appearances for Parramatta, New Zealand Warriors and Canterbury Bulldogs before switching codes at the start of the year.

He has made just six appearances for Stade Francais and missed out on selection when the Paris-based club won the Top 14 Final last weekend.

The Dragons three-quarter line is bare following injuries to ex-NRL players Willie Tonga and Michael Oldfield. Todd Carney is also sidelined.

Catalans coach Laurent Frayssinous said: “With many of our players sidelined for a long-term period, it was important to strengthen and boost our squad.

“It’s a crucial period for the club with some important games to come. We had a great opportunity with Krisnan and we did not want to miss it.

“He will add quality and depth to our back line and he will bring his experience to the group.”

Inu had been linked with a move to Hull for next season but the Dragons say they will consider extending his stay with them if the move proves successful.

Catalans chief executive Christophe Jouffret said: “We have signed him until the end of the season but, if this period is successful, we will consider a contract extension for the following seasons.”

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him. I hope he performs well week in and week out

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When we first signed him I wasn't that keen but as time went on he was one of my favourites and he truly loved his time with us. Wish him all the best and hope he can perform well there.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The smiling assassin will always be a bulldog in my books :grinning: He was always rocks and diamonds and frustrated the hell out of me but what can I say over time he grew on me.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The smiling assassin will always be a bulldog in my books :grinning: He was always rocks and diamonds and frustrated the hell out of me but what can I say over time he grew on me.
Exactly inu on his day would beat any other player ,loved how he picked up Inglis and dropped him on his head

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good pick up for the French team. Injuries have not been kind to them with several blokes missing for extended periods.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He isn't an Assassin. .. I have never seen him at any of our meetings.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best of luck to Inu, always liked the guy as a player and person but he just seemed too care free at times to taking things serious haha!

If he was consistent he could of been something special in the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss that lovely smile too. The closest we have now is Levi Dodd in our NSW Cup side, he has the same ( well not the same one, I hope) mouthguard as Krisnan had, the white with black fangs. So cool!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Krisnan Inu scored on his Super League debut as Catalans held off a dogged fightback by bottom side Wakefield.

Ben Pomeroy and Inu both crossed inside the first 10 minutes as the hosts threatened to run away with it but no more tries followed in the first half.
The Wildcats got on the scoreboard when Chris Riley touched down before Godinet's try levelled the scores.

Scott Dureau kicked a penalty and Eloi Pelissier, Morgan Escare and Louis Anderson scored in the last 10 minutes.
It proved to be a far more nervy and edgy game than the form book would have suggested.

The visitors went into the game on the back of 15 successive Super League defeats while Catalans had lost just once at home all season.
The tone for the match looked to have been set early on with Pomeroy and Inu, who joined from rugby union side Stade Francais earlier this week, crossing to make it 12-0 after eight minutes.

However, the visitors dug in and thought they had their first score of the day when Godinet raced the length of the pitch after a Catalans kick was knocked into his path, only for the video referee to rule it out.

Riley eventually ran in their first points of the day, with Jacob Miller kicking the extras before Godinet showed good movement to get his try.
The hosts were rocking and, after Morgan Escare's drop-goal attempt went wide, needed a 40-metre penalty from Dureau to put them back in the lead going into the final 15 minutes.

Pelissier, Escare and Anderson ran in scores in the final 10 to leave the scoreline looking deceptively flattering on the French side.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Krisnan Inu scored on his Super League debut as Catalans held off a dogged fightback by bottom side Wakefield.

Ben Pomeroy and Inu both crossed inside the first 10 minutes as the hosts threatened to run away with it but no more tries followed in the first half.
The Wildcats got on the scoreboard when Chris Riley touched down before Godinet's try levelled the scores.

Scott Dureau kicked a penalty and Eloi Pelissier, Morgan Escare and Louis Anderson scored in the last 10 minutes.
It proved to be a far more nervy and edgy game than the form book would have suggested.

The visitors went into the game on the back of 15 successive Super League defeats while Catalans had lost just once at home all season.
The tone for the match looked to have been set early on with Pomeroy and Inu, who joined from rugby union side Stade Francais earlier this week, crossing to make it 12-0 after eight minutes.

However, the visitors dug in and thought they had their first score of the day when Godinet raced the length of the pitch after a Catalans kick was knocked into his path, only for the video referee to rule it out.

Riley eventually ran in their first points of the day, with Jacob Miller kicking the extras before Godinet showed good movement to get his try.
The hosts were rocking and, after Morgan Escare's drop-goal attempt went wide, needed a 40-metre penalty from Dureau to put them back in the lead going into the final 15 minutes.

Pelissier, Escare and Anderson ran in scores in the final 10 to leave the scoreline looking deceptively flattering on the French side.
How pleasing and good on him. May have lost his way a bit before leaving us but was always one of my favourites and a very personable character to boot. Too laid back for the NRL.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would prefer him over Stanley tbh

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he will be good for first few games then his form will drop off towards back end of his deal before he gets a release from it to go elsewhere. Has this bloke ever actually finished a whole contract??

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
He scored within about 7 minutes. Fair try too. You could tell he wanted it bad. Couldve used the centre but backed himself.

I don't see a lot of SL. This would be a good thread to keep us updated.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His gunna have a amazing first year, but from there it won't be so great

Status
Not open for further replies.