Proof Thompson was pushed off the ball by Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In many a game this year we've seen the high ball go up, and a defending player get pushed by an attacking sides player.

This constitutes a foul, and is a penalty for pushing.

We have seen this demonstrated in time and time again this season.

At the time (an NRL owned and funded Titans) were down 4-10 coming into half time. Jarrod Maxwell (an NRL employed and paid referee), gave this a try, when the correct ruling should have been no try and a penalty to the Bulldogs (based on everything we have seen this year).

Why wasn't it?

Circled clearly below shows the position of both players, and where the ball was in relation to them.

At no time does Thompson have the ball, when he has a hand laid on him, and is pushed off the mark (in the back) by Gordon, resulting in a try.

Once again another perfect example of why the refs are corrupt in this game.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you put it like that it does look like a push. If it was the other way round it most likely would have been penalized they way the refs were today.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
When you put it like that it does look like a push. If it was the other way round it most likely would have been penalized they way the refs were today.
if it was the other way around gordon wouldnt budge

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is stupid as ****, Thompson clearly backed his way into Gordan instead of trying to catch it

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet Thompson looks like an absolute midget compared to the size of Gordon. Either way Thompson f*cked up royally there, penalties for a push are so 50/50 that if it was Rona in that position he'd easily bat it dead.

Not entirely the refs fault we lost this, i am sick to death of every single person blaming the ref everytime we lose. We know the refs are absolutely horrid and make retarded decisions, complaining about that isn't going to change anything, we aren't specifically targetted, the refs are just amazingly f*cking inconsistent week in week out. You deal with it by being better than the opposition and taking every chance you get.

This forum has been complaining about the refs since its inception, it doesn't GET anywhere.

This picture doesn't absolve Thompson, if anything it highlights how hopelessly outmatched he is compared to good wingers. He was in a good position to take that kick and he positioned himself correctly, his small stature is what prevented him from taking that ball dead.

FYI Mr I Gordon looks a helluva lot bigger than Thompson there and is definitely much much faster (I know you've been mentioning for the past 2 years about Thompson's supposed speed, but he has never shown it and has been run down quite easily by forwards before)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson clearly obstructed Gordon.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson clearly obstructed Gordon.
Obstruction NRL rules:

It will NOT be considered an obstruction in regards to a player catching the ball from a kick if
1) A defending player moves directly towards the ball
2) Takes up a position prior to the ball being caught

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is stupid as ****, Thompson clearly backed his way into Gordan instead of trying to catch it
Only after he is pushed off the ball by Gordon illegally.

Go watch the highlights of the game on NRL site in full screen mode and you'll see the above images and what I'm complaining about.

Kick goes up, Thompson is out of position, moves back and is shoved not once but TWICE in that passage of play by Gordon.

Penalty and no try any day of the week.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go watch the highlights of the game on NRL site in full screen mode and you'll see the above images and what I'm complaining about.

Kick goes up, Thompson is out of position, moves back and is shoved not once but TWICE in that passage of play by Gordon.

You are a seriously bad lawyer.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look at the replay again , thompson isn't even looking at the ball his eyes are on gordan the entire time, he sees gordan coming and clearly tries to obstruct him

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing those pictures show is that the slow moving mighty smurf was out played by Gargamel

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey is useless. He wasn't even looking at the ball, he is short, SLOW AS **** and fat.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im over having Tyrion Lannister on the wing, I want him gone. Just thinking about him and that ****wit error makes my stomach sore.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey is useless. He wasn't even looking at the ball, he is short, SLOW AS **** and fat.
wow that's harsh ,he wasn't the only one who stuffed up .. I bet you were cheering when he caught those loose offloads though

Gp wannabe

Waterboy
Reaction score
I watched the game on replay, Thompson try's to obstruct Gordon instead of going for the ball ( hence it would have been a Gold Coast penalty if they hadn't scored ) . Philips drops one ball against Canberra , at least he attempts to catch it. Gordon had no choice but to touch Thompson because of his dumb block , these pictures don't do the minimal force that Gordon used . If you put up the video it would be embarrassing for him

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wow that's harsh ,he wasn't the only one who stuffed up .. I bet you were cheering when he caught those loose offloads though
I can really only remember 3 things he did. The two **** ups that led to tries and when he got a lose ball and was running around in circles and went to close to the side line. He probably did other good things but that's how things go. Look at Kas people can only remember how shit he was in the second half and forget about he was decent in the first.

I was a bit harsh though LOL. He isn't useless or that fat but he still is short and slow as ****.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
For me Thompson's childish and plain amateur mistakes yesterday cost us a game we should have easily of collected the two points from. I would be looking at Thompson's ties to the Titans first. If yesterday didn't finally show the guy's fans here how out of depth he is in FG than nothing will and your beyond reason. 6 points either side of half time to lose the lead then go behind with the basic errors he done was embarrassing. The second mistake, the one depicted here I did see the push in real time but the guy had no clue and was scared and beaten from the beginning, to just stop and start backing into the opposing player was dumbfounding!!! Sorry no defense on Thompson from me, he's crap!

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous! Thompson backed into him in an attempt to obstruct Gordon, but he got owned!... if you're gonna obstruct at least do it properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.