Damn I miss Marty Taupau

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonesBarry

Equal to klemmer? Klemmer was player of the year in the 20s - unheard of for a prop
tapau was captain and excelled for the kiwis, he is miles in front of eastwood and browne.
bad call to let him go when he showed so much potential.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
8. Klemmer
10. Kasiano
11. Finucane
12. Jackson
13. Taupau

That would have been alright. Not as good as we have obviously, but you wouldn't be mad.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's still young, maybe he'll come back in the future
I think he'll a;ways be fond of the Dogs and the fans who loved him but he's a Tiger now. I think he's a leader over there and relishes it.

Here he would still be a bench prop.

I will never be mad at Taupau or Finucane for leaving.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His father goes to the same barber as I do and I saw him a few weeks ago. He said the sole reason he left was to play first grade because Hasler was never going to give him a fair go. Never really wanted to leave.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I think he'll a;ways be fond of the Dogs and the fans who loved him but he's a Tiger now. I think he's a leader over there and relishes it.

Yeah, fair call. Wishful thinking on my part

J

JonesBarry

bad call, he wasnt given a chance by hasler, he kills eastwood at lock

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine this team-

01 Brett Morris
02 Curtis Rona
03 Josh Morris
04 Tim Lafai
05 Sam Perrett
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Moses Mbye
08 Sam Kasiano
09 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham
11 Josh Jackson
12 Frank Pritchard
13 Aiden Tolman

14 David Klemmer
15 Martin Tapau
16 Dale Finucane
17 Greg Eastwood

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

I'd include Halatau in that too. Awesome servant for the club, but just no room for them at the time.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tapau was captain and excelled for the kiwis, he is miles in front of eastwood and browne.
bad call to let him go when he showed so much potential.
While tapau is playing awesome footy, he never showed anything like that when he was here. He did play 21 games for us, not once in any of those 21 games did he show anything like what he was doing tonight. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but i don't think the club did anything particularly wrong here. Sometimes a player just thrives under coaching and structures etc of another club.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He had a good game and was never a bad player but lets not get all sad in hindsight about him. When his leaving was announced nobody cried then. Remember he was inconsistent and we weren't short in fowards at the time. Players should be good after being in our team anyway. They get well trained here.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some very good comments on this thread.

Marty loved the Dogs and said personally that he would much rather have stayed with the club but sadly his efforts with us were never going to be enough to get a permanent gig in first grade under Des. The types of errors and penalties conceded regularly did not sit well with the coach( but let's be honest all players make mistakes it is just whether or not they can minimize them that the coach judges them by.)

Good on him for getting an opportunity to play regular first grade albeit with another club.Fits in well at the Tigers and I must say he stood up tonight against the Bunnies and showed some real mongrel. Shame we can't keep everyone.

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His father goes to the same barber as I do and I saw him a few weeks ago. He said the sole reason he left was to play first grade because Hasler was never going to give him a fair go. Never really wanted to leave.
Yeah sounds about right. I spoke to Marty a while back at parra westfields, and he said he only went to the tigers for more 'game time'.

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grub. We miss one in our forward pack.......

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd include Halatau in that too. Awesome servant for the club, but just no room for them at the time.
Damn i miss halatau he was week in week out one of our best players with the limited time he got , I could never understand why des never gave him proper minutes

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He had a good game and was never a bad player but lets not get all sad in hindsight about him. When his leaving was announced nobody cried then. Remember he was inconsistent and we weren't short in fowards at the time. Players should be good after being in our team anyway. They get well trained here.
I was gutted when he left

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hes massively bulked up from his time at the dogs, and is playing great footy

Status
Not open for further replies.