Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The article is written by Tony Adams so not taking a lot of notice of it.

I do rate Des but I also worry about things like him not being willing to drop any players and the possibility of players like Hodko and trex being re-signed.

I think he also sees his role with us as just a job whereas he had genuine passion for Manly.

And no doubt he will take support staff with him although I doubt any of players would go tbh.
Would not Dymock have the passion you seek?
A Manly fan here....
Yeah, dirty on how Des left but I for one (and Manly fans are divided on this) do not want him back.
I always felt that Dymock would be a better fit for the dods than Des... guess time will tell.

The only positive in Manly getting Des back is who he may bring...
but please not T-rex or Hodgko:grinning:

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des has a great record as a coach. His record with us is pretty good as well 2 grand finals in 3 years.

My only concearn is our window as a team to win the comp is closing fast if not has already closed with our current team. Our attacking structure is woeful, we lack a lot of direction in key areas eg. our halves.

The way we played to make the gf last year in the semis was something special. Thats the bulldogs i want to playing most weeks in the comp. Thats the sort of team that is capable of winning comps.

I would hate to see des leave a job undone and not get us a comp. Having said all that i struggle to see where this current team can possibly improve with our current crop of players and attacking structure.My biggest disappointment of the des era is the recruitment i just dont see any at this stage especially for our halves..

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hilarious 1: if he comes back to manly he will attract star quality players. Yep, just like the "rock star" signings at the dogs.

Hilarious 2: he will take all our support staff. Well crusher, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Hilarious 3: manly just can't grasp the fact they are long overdue a big decline after such a successful decade. Just accept it and move on.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Des isn't going anywhere. Anyone who wants him too is an idiot.

Thank Zeus for the greatest.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is anyone happy with our form and lack of consistency for the past 2-2.5 yrs??? At manly des had them firing week in week out and the difference between their best and worst game was minimal.
Our side can look like superstars one week and then reserve graders at best the next.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler made a GF in his first year with the dogs. Then another two years later. So that's 3 years and on his fourth tenure now, where Folkes had a whole decade! Maths children.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Summary: Someone clearly raided Rothfields liquor cabinet and cleaned the entire thing out before they wrote this piece of shite.

bulldogs lover

Waterboy
Reaction score
He won't leave unfinished business he will win us a premiership before he ever thinks of leaving otherwise he would fail what goal he had he ain't going back to manly and rebuilding risking not making the finals he knows grand final win with us is around the corner God willingly

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I will be coach tbh

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would i listen to anyone on the kennel ffs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What Des has done at the dogs is a miracle in my book. He made GFs with Grub and keating as the halves LOL and then Hokko and Grub with Perret at FB LOL. Truthfully has anyone seen a worse spine in a GF in recent years or ever.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow some people are ungrateful and have no perspective. We've made the GF twice in three years and still came 5th despite everything that happened in 2013. He took us from last to first in 2011 with Keating and Reynolds as our halves! Last year we made the GF from 8th!

He's set records for achieving some of these feats in three years yet now people want him gone? How many Grand Finals did we make since 2004 before he got here?

Sure Des' persistence with certain players drives me crazy, and we do need to change certain things in our style of play that are extremely predictable and unsuccessful. But he's still in the top three coaches in the game along with Bellamy and Maguire and we'd be mad to let him go.

Thankfully there's no truth to this rubbish article and Manly would be crazy to let go of Toovey with all of their injuries and after the job he's done there. Plus I doubt Des would be too keen to rush back after his acrimonious departure...

I have my doubts and frustrations over Des' methods recently, but I'm not foolish enough for me to want him to leave and then turn another club into a consistent top 4 team every year.

Dymock does deserve a shot at a FG job soon though, as does Dave Kidwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.