WSW fans pepper sprayed and attack police at Parra Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if the media ride this one like they flogged the Bulldogs bottle thrower story.

THIS is far worse!

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/western-s...per-sprayed-during-match-20150425-1mt9c3.html

Ugly scenes at Parramatta Stadium marred the Western Sydney Wanderers' final game of the season, with fans of the club being pepper sprayed by NSW Police.

The incident occurred in the active supporters area, the Red and Black Bloc, after a flare was lit during the first half of the 2-1 loss to Perth Glory.

A NSW Police Media spokesman said after a flare was lit in the Wanderers' fan section and the alleged culprit was identified on CCTV, "police went in to get him and unfortunately as they did the crowd sort of turned on them and some capsicum spray had to be used."

But an RBB source, who did not wish to be identified, gave a different version of events.

"When he [the man who lit the flare] turned his back, the cops pulled out the pepper spray and went at him," he said.

"Other people surrounded him saying 'stop' and then other cops started spraying too.

"Some kids were getting pulled out of the bays to go and get water put in their eyes."

He said the RBB then left the stadium in protest at half time, where clashes then continued.

"At half time it was decided that we would leave the stadium - once we were outside, the RBB were in one group chanting - the police were lined up and then suddenly almost simultaneously 5 or 6 of them pulled out cans of pepper spray again and began spraying the front row of people. "

The Police Media spokesman said police had not heard of any incidents outside the stadium.

"We understand that nobody was injured as a result, aside from some secondary contamination."

A spokeswoman for Westmead Hospital said that there we no admissions in relation to capsicum spray and that those cases are usually treated on the scene.
Fans are going off on their Twitter account with a typical anti-police tirade, and Mark Bosnich is getting involved trying to find out what went on.

Besides... it's a friggin flare.. it's illegal to own and deploy a flare in a public place like that anyway. Not to mention Parra Stadium prohibiting entry of them!

Therefore I wouldn't believe a word the RBB or their fanbase are claiming if they don't even condone the illegal deployment of flares.

Speaking of which...

CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 93FB
Possession of dangerous articles other than firearms
93FB Possession of dangerous articles other than firearms

(1) A person who, in a public place, possesses:

(a) anything (not being a firearm within the meaning of the Firearms Act 1996 ) capable of discharging by any means:
(i) any irritant matter in liquid, powder, gas or chemical form or any dense smoke, or
(ii) any substance capable of causing bodily harm, or

(b) a fuse capable of use with an explosive or a detonator, or
(c) a detonator, or
(d) a distress signal, or distress flare, that operates by emitting a bright light,

is liable, on conviction before the Local Court, to imprisonment for 2 years, or a fine of 50 penalty units, or both.
1 Penalty Unit = $110
So up to 2 years imprisonment and up to $5500 fine.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
WSW have the worst fans in OZ sport.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The majority of them don't even care about the game and happily walk out during the game as a "Prostest". They think they are above the team. They started surrounding cops and abusing them, what the **** did they think was going to happen ffs.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine of this is what Bulldogs fans did? It would be front news BS for months!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meh back page new *major story about to erupt channel 9 news choppers are at the scene sam kasiano threw a big mac wrapper out the window at a maccas drive thru , channel 9 news will have an hour special edition at 5 followed by a two hour footy show special .

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority of them don't even care about the game and happily walk out during the game as a "Prostest". They think they are above the team. They started surrounding cops and abusing them, what the **** did they think was going to happen ffs.
Pretty much, most of them are reject Parra fans who stopped following the game because Parra can't win so they have become "die hard soccer fans". Those fans who are like that just go to WSW games to make trouble, noise and think they are creating an atmosphere but are just using it an excuse to think they are doing good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably the whole "because they do it overseas we can do it out here" attitude, which is completely wrong.

All they do is give the sport a bad name, and detract normal patrons from going to a game.

The irony I find is that someone chucks a bottle and it's all over the news. Someone lights up a flare (which is a million times more dangerous than a bottle and almost definitely going to cause burns at LEAST), and the media completely ignore it.

Where's Taylor Auenbach now? Maybe he's floating around WSW forum trying to sniff out a story on who the flare holder was!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty much, most of them are reject Parra fans who stopped following the game because Parra can't win so they have become "die hard soccer fans". Those fans who are like that just go to WSW games to make trouble, noise and think they are creating an atmosphere but are just using it an excuse to think they are doing good.
99% of them are wogs...full offence ahaha. I been to a few wanderers game, sat with the RBB a couple times, most are a bunch of tools with backyard tattoo jobs lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
99% of them are wogs...full offence ahaha. I been to a few wanderers game, sat with the RBB a couple times, most are a bunch of tools with backyard tattoo jobs lol
Reject parra fans is what I says right lol?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reject parra fans is what I says right lol?
Apparently some are from the old bulldogs army back when we were in shit all the time lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently some are from the old bulldogs army back when we were in shit all the time lol
For sure lol but i see more and more parra fans suddenly becoming wsw die hard fans lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For sure lol but i see more and more parra fans suddenly becoming wsw die hard fans lol
So when they finally win a gf will they burn down their own stadium ,

Last edited by a moderator:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Perth Glory ran a muck a week after we played south's. Media barely mentioned it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perth Glory ran a muck a week after we played south's. Media barely mentioned it.
Its only when Lebos and Wogs are involved it is important lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of my friends were at the game. According to them the police walked up and pepper sprayed a bunch of them after a few people made comments. They got a fair few adults, kids, and a lot of random people who had nothing to do with it. The RBB is trying to raise footage to make an official complaint against the Police.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Its easy to make conclusions and only want to believe what the police and media have said But dont want to know the other side of story.

Thats fine, just remember what use to happen with us between 2000-2006 where we were unfairly targeted by the media for all the shit that went on in the stands and on the hills Without getting the full story.

BTW i was there and i know what exactly what happened that night where we were pepper sprayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.