The state election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So who is the lying c***, the Labor c*** saying the Libs are selling assets, or the Liberal c*** saying he is leasing 49%?
99 yrs bro I won't be here my kids won't be here my grand kids prob won't even be round in 99 yrs its a sale mate just a sneaky way of putting it

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't be tricked by labors scare campaign. Not so long ago labor wanted to do exactly the same thing. Morris Iemma lost the job of premier because he wanted to do it and the party was split. Many labor figures have said they agree with the sale including ex premiers and treasurers. So don't be suprised if you vote labor and if they manage to get in this is suddenly on the agenda.

Its going to be the first time I'm going to put a blank voting slip into the ballot box. I'm not voting for labor after what they did in the state for the last 4-5 years in office and I'm unhappy with liberals, not necessarily because of the power sale but other issues like possibly allowing Coles and wollies to sell lottery tickets, boxing day trading in all shops and other issues.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The main policies are based around the infrastructure and powerlines. First point to note is that it's not a sale of the power infrastructure, it's a lease. What that means is that the Chinese don't own the infrastructure, they're just leasing it for a period of time, and they're only leasing about 49% of it. This could mean nothing for the general person, or it could mean higher power bills, or lower power bills. It's a little unpredictable.

Labor believe they have a better option which is to effectively increase taxes for both the public and the power sector. This will increase the amount we pay in tax and will increase the power bill but probably only slightly.

Honestly, neither option is good but it's one or the other. Personally I vote Greens as they tend to influence government policy in a good way but if the Greens actually took power we'd all be doomed. They're not the brightest group out there but at least they have their heart in the right place, most of the time.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want the Newcastle train station re opened, the East end is quiet and the time it takes to build a tram line could be the death knell for it.
Going into town for a beer has become a hassle.
Selling the rail corridor to developers is wrong when it is a public asset that could be used in coming years again.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I want the Newcastle train station re opened, the East end is quiet and the time it takes to build a tram line could be the death knell for it.
Going into town for a beer has become a hassle.
Selling the rail corridor to developers is wrong when it is a public asset that could be used in coming years again.
It is strange that the line was closed before they even started building the new trams. The whole area must be really suffering.

N

Natboy

Ken oath.
They'll F!@# the trains too.
Aren't they already ****ed? haha

Don't be tricked by labors scare campaign. Not so long ago labor wanted to do exactly the same thing. Morris Iemma lost the job of premier because he wanted to do it and the party was split. Many labor figures have said they agree with the sale including ex premiers and treasurers. So don't be suprised if you vote labor and if they manage to get in this is suddenly on the agenda.
I wish people would realise this and not just listen to what an ad tells them.
So many labour men have come out and said this scare campaign is a load of crap from labour

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be using this election to send a strong message to that onion eating, Captain calling, Truth manipulating, ugly smirking pile of puss in Canberra, that we will not put up with his sh1t.

Phuck him, Morrison and Hockey... Stupid Puppets selling the Australian people to their masters on daily basis.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and While you at it Phuck Miranda Divine, and Andrew Bolt just to name a few.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuk all the media *****, all they do is brainwash more sheep.
Bro the reason the country is in so much sh1t atm is because all the sheep believed the pre federal election media hyped elected an incompetent bunch into office.

That clown didn't even need to run a campaign, his buddies in the media ran it for him and the flock of sheep followed...

History will judge these @ssholes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They feel the need to scream how superior they are and how everyone else is a sheep haha ;)
Point taken but I think both sides are pathetic and incompetent.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't even know who the Labor leader is but anything is better than mister smarty pants.
You can't demand respect, you gotta earn it.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Its going to be the first time I'm going to put a blank voting slip into the ballot box. I'm not voting for labor after what they did in the state for the last 4-5 years in office and I'm unhappy with liberals, not necessarily because of the power sale but other issues like possibly allowing Coles and wollies to sell lottery tickets, boxing day trading in all shops and other issues.
Not a sale they will have market share because there not touching Country energy how else do they make up the 49% by selling 100% of Transgrid 50.4% of Ausgrid and 50.4% of Endevour energy it's these three utilities which make the money that props up Country energy Once there gone and what comes next we can't afford to keep propping up Country energy so it's easier to do it this way..And if was Labour doing it at this election I'd be voting the other way essential services should always remain in public hands def not foreign hands

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the big issues that you encounter is that there's a a group of people supporting the Liberals then there's a larger group that hate the Liberals but the larger groups votes are diluted between Labor, the Greens and several other independents. This is why the Liberals can get in without the majority agreeing with them.

But to be honest, Labor leading isn't much better. The Liberal government was good when Howard was in power. Since then they've forgotten what "liberal" means and they've become a mixed mess of conservative capitalists and non-conservative money wasters. Labor waste money like crazy but at least you know what you're going to get.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually it's the pendulum effect.

1. Pollie from LNP party gets in.
2. During his term he spends and makes cost cutting measures to balance the budget.
3. This in turn pisses some voters off.
4. More and more voters get annoyed.
5. Approval rating drops and next election approaches.
6. Opposition promise the world.
7. Public backlash current serving pollie and vote against the party.
8. ALP get into power.
9. See steps 2-7 and rinse/repeat.

This ties in with an old political saying "Labour spends whilst Liberals mend".

Interesting fact: Robert Menzies (Liberal) was the longest serving prime minister to date, having served 18 consecutive years for the Liberals. Behind him was John Howard with 11 years.

Another interesting fact: Liberal party has spent more time in office than ALP by quite a margin (2087 days or 5.7 years!)

Status
Not open for further replies.