Birthday present ideas for the Wifey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need some help / ideas

I am a notoriously POOR gift giver, and this year the wife has had a rough trot with things, our son got diagnosed with autism, and she got news that her knee (which has no cartilage left) cannot be operated on and she will jut have to tolerate it for the rest of her life.

We of course had some ups too (like the birth of our 2nd son - which was a very big High point).

Anyway, I really wanted to do something special for her, but my BRILLIANT idea has gone belly up.

Growing up she was a huge fan of inspector gadget, but her parents would never buy her the inspector gadget toy, so I thought lets get her that, I was in a highly contested auction for the thing that ended up going for over $200.00 (FOR AN ACTION FIGURE!).

It would have been awesome to get it for her, but alas, I will try that one again when the opportunity arises.

Now I am left up the creek without a paddle so to speak, as such, I am asking for ideas from almost everyone, here is a bit of an overview

1. She is NOT a Bulldogs fan (and I know, the obvious present is Divorce, but I loves her)
  2. She is not an overly girly girl (so Jewelry, makeup, perfume etc is not on the table)
  3. She is not a big drinker

I'm pretty much open to any other suggestions.

Help me The Kennel, you are my only hope

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dick in a box? Might aswell give it a go lol

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She may not be a girly girl, but maybe a spa visit ? Something that involves massages and relaxing.

Something where she is away from the family so she has some peace and quiet for a day. Although that might cost too much.

But definitely throw in some reference to Inspector Gadget !

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Spa visit is my GO TO present.

I think I found something , maybe, she also likes the show Firefly, I found Mini vinyl action figures of the cast, it is well stupid, but I hope it puts a smile on her face

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I found something , maybe, she also likes the show Firefly, I found Mini vinyl action figures of the cast, it is well stupid, but I hope it puts a smile on her face
Maybe combine the action figures with a 1 hour massage voucher (from somewhere reputable)?

I'm not a girly girl, but have learned to appreciate that kind of thing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe a cheeky weekend away .. just you and her .. away from the kids :grinning: I'm sure she would love that!

Hunter Valley or somewhere like that. My wife and I did a really awesome weekend getaway at (of all places) Oberon. Little open planned chalets with wood fires. Really awesome watching the sun go down and then the kangaroos come out.

If she's a foodie, just a nice night out to dinner.

Then theres memorabilia as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is a cruise a possible option? Good value for money and they are pretty awsome

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dress up as Inspector Gadget!! Go Go Gadget Pen!s. You both win!!

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fish oil and joint formula tablets for the knee

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
have a look at the fitbit watch.. I got one for Xmas ...and its really motivating..(cost is around $150)

It monitors your daily physical activity and tells you how many calories you've burnt.. there is one that has a heart rate monitor as well ..

Im not a big jewelry wearer myself but I love Pandora ..theyre inexpensive, nicely designed and they gift wrap them to look a million bucks .

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pair of slippers and a dildo, if she doesn't like the slippers then she can go F herself

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Not stupid Ecca. if she is a fan of Firefly( I just have this real thing for Nathan Fillion) she will love it. I am into all things sci fi and have heaps of Star Trek and Dr Who action figures andI don't think they are silly. Go with the flow man.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
get her an appointment with a nick riviera from the simpsons type doctor, who will ignore standard operating procedures and speculate/operate on the knee for $49.95, it might work out

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not stupid Ecca. if she is a fan of Firefly( I just have this real thing for Nathan Fillion) she will love it. I am into all things sci fi and have heaps of Star Trek and Dr Who action figures andI don't think they are silly. Go with the flow man.
PS you know Mr Fillion is in Sydney in june @ supernova?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Wow. Weeping vaginas have taken the kennel. Give her the right to continue making your sandwiches for another year ffs. If she's particularly high maintenance then you could throw in the dick in the box but this should be a last resort or your womenfolk will become uppity and start demanding things like "equality" and access to licensed establishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.