Advice needed - Knee Joint Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thumbs up to everyone - BIG THANKS

The wife and I are both trying to lose weight, I have actually started taking Duromine to lose weight (I am almost 1 month into it and I have lost 7kgs), the only problem is it costs about $100 / month, but with thos numbers, i am happy to pay. We are about to start on the Lite and Easy too to see if that helps

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just remember that whilst Lite and Easy and Tony Ferguson and tablets can assist in losing the weight, only decent exercise and eating healthy can keep it at bay.

My dad ages ago lost weight via TF, and yet put it all back on plus more by not exercising.

Use Lite & Easy / TF / tablets to get the initial weight loss started, then exercise and eating healthy to keep it off.

Heck even calorie counting works well if you really have trouble with a controller diet.

But the other important thing... EVERYTHING in moderation. Don't starve yourself of something you want, else eventually you'll fold to the craving and eat twice as much. If you want pizza, have pizza, but only half or a few slices. If you want chips, have a handful not an entire bag.

On the knee thing, I wonder who does the players knees as they seem to be pretty damn good (Morris and Hodko for examples sake).

Another thing is not necessarily to work on the knee itself, but the surrounding joints that you can without giving you pain. But strengthening those joints/ligaments/etc around the problem area, you'll take some of the load of it.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head (except the last surgeon didn't do the lateral release), I will pass on the information to her.

Did you get the full knee replacement?
No, I'm 32 and still reasonably fit but I have definitely had to change my training to accommodate for my knee

I'm no doctor I was work in the industry and very closely with them and I can assure you there are some butchers out there so any advice from me is unless you are seeing one of the big dogs always get a second opinion

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ive recently ripped and tore all the ligaments off of my elbow including a piece of bone still attached to a ligament as well as tore the main muscle in half and have 5 other muscle tears, been off work for 4 months and have been in extreme pain and discomfort none stop.
ive tried all the pain killers and all the treatments with very limited success.

now this is where it becomes strange, being desperate for some relief and comfort ive searched everywhere, a mate told me about this liniment they are using on racehorses its called UDDERMINT its actually a product used on dairy cows, it does work with inflammation and swelling and it has settled the pain down form a constant 8/10 to a more tolerable 6/10

for $50 for a tube of uddermint id give it a go, for me personally ive had results

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can both afford to drop more than 2 kilos (no offence taken)

I have actually started taking Duromine, and in 20 days I have dropped over 6kgs.

Her problem is the knee pain stops her from exercising, and hence very hard to drop the weight.

I am looking at getting her started on the Krill Oil (apparently this is VERY beneficial)

Ecca, Try the Wild Krill Oil. I use the "Swiss" brand for my knee. I find it helps anyway.
They are quite expensive though. Might be worth a shot?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ecca, Try the Wild Krill Oil. I use the "Swiss" brand for my knee. I find it helps anyway.
They are quite expensive though. Might be worth a shot?
Cheers mate, the way I see it, price is not an issue if it helps alleviate the pain

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah true mate. They do last a while though. But like I said, worked for me and I tried a few things. They still grind etc but not much pain at all. Sports injuries.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
ive recently ripped and tore all the ligaments off of my elbow including a piece of bone still attached to a ligament as well as tore the main muscle in half and have 5 other muscle tears, been off work for 4 months and have been in extreme pain and discomfort none stop.
ive tried all the pain killers and all the treatments with very limited success.
S**t!!!! How the hell did you manage to do that, and in saying so, you did a real number on it from the sounds of it?

Best of luck with the recovery.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

The wife and I are both trying to lose weight, I have actually started taking Duromine to lose weight (I am almost 1 month into it and I have lost 7kgs), the only problem is it costs about $100 / month, but with thos numbers, i am happy to pay. We are about to start on the Lite and Easy too to see if that helps
Just remember that whilst Lite and Easy and Tony Ferguson and tablets can assist in losing the weight, only decent exercise and eating healthy can keep it at bay.

My dad ages ago lost weight via TF, and yet put it all back on plus more by not exercising.

Use Lite & Easy / TF / tablets to get the initial weight loss started, then exercise and eating healthy to keep it off.

Heck even calorie counting works well if you really have trouble with a controller diet.

But the other important thing... EVERYTHING in moderation. Don't starve yourself of something you want, else eventually you'll fold to the craving and eat twice as much. If you want pizza, have pizza, but only half or a few slices. If you want chips, have a handful not an entire bag.

On the knee thing, I wonder who does the players knees as they seem to be pretty damn good (Morris and Hodko for examples sake).

Another thing is not necessarily to work on the knee itself, but the surrounding joints that you can without giving you pain. But strengthening those joints/ligaments/etc around the problem area, you'll take some of the load of it.

my friend who weighed 115 kilos lost 15 kilos in a month while playing xbox on the couch all day and eating big bowls of uncooked vegetables and fruits.

losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

you cut all cook food and milk products from your diet and get onto green veggies and fruits for a month and you are guaranteed to lose kilos.

My friend did it , my wife did it (went from 68 kilos to 60 within 3 weeks) on strict un cooked diet and only muscle you move is your jaw to chew those green vegetables and fruits.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
S**t!!!! How the hell did you manage to do that, and in saying so, you did a real number on it from the sounds of it?

Best of luck with the recovery.
caught it between the gap in the cab of a ute and the headboard of the tray, very simple accident major damage

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pain Away Arthritis spray has been a really beneficial aid to subdue my knee pain.
It's a fairly intensive regime, spray and rub minimum 5 times a day. But with increased training and weight lifting, and being a fatty walking up the stairs sounding like a gravel driveway, it's been surprisingly great.

Not sure if it would help your wife as she is in the "absolutely no cartilage left" department, but it could take the edge off some pain.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Hey mate. Do a bit of research on robb wolf and Loren cordain regarding the paleo diet. Not saying she should go paleo but it really does cut down on foods that cause inflammation in the body, helps you lose weight and makes you feel fantastic. Also, work on mobility in her hips, hamstring, including stretching and massage. Massage of the illiotibial Band that runs down the outside of the upper leg will help release tightness. Work across the band in like a sawing motion. It hurts but it does help. I have had four knee ops and probably need another eventually and stretching the surrounding muscles and massage does help alleviate the pain

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
my friend who weighed 115 kilos lost 15 kilos in a month while playing xbox on the couch all day and eating big bowls of uncooked vegetables and fruits.

losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

you cut all cook food and milk products from your diet and get onto green veggies and fruits for a month and you are guaranteed to lose kilos.

My friend did it , my wife did it (went from 68 kilos to 60 within 3 weeks) on strict un cooked diet and only muscle you move is your jaw to chew those green vegetables and fruits.
I lost 48 kg in 8 months just by doing a no carbs diet with 0 exercise.

I broke the diet every Sunday.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I lost 48 kg in 8 months just by doing a no carbs diet with 0 exercise.

I broke the diet every Sunday.
Very Impressive. Goes to show you do not need to spend hours and hours on a treadmill, infact you do not need to do any physical exercise.
Look after your diet religiously, no cheating at all and you will see the results straight away.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Very Impressive. Goes to show you do not need to spend hours and hours on a treadmill, infact you do not need to do any physical exercise.
Look after your diet religiously, no cheating at all and you will see the results straight away.
I'm no expert but I guess...

Input > output = weight gain
Output > input = weight loss

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I guess...

Input > output = weight gain
Output > input = weight loss
U lost 48 friggin kilos without any exercise, makes you an expert in my eyes. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.