Shane Flanagan - still dumb as ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
CRONULLA returned to training this morning but the animosity lingering from the 2011 ASADA drugs scandal has clearly not eased.

The aftermath of the supplements program threatens to continue to damage the club in the future after a fiery showdown between coach Shane Flanagan and the media this morning which culminated in the coach bringing an abrupt end to the media conference and walking out.

Flanagan appeared unhappy with the media’s presence when he exchanged words with cameramen who had turned up to film the training session, telling one cameraman to “get out of here’’.

It then escalated when Flanagan fronted the media, admitting it would be hard for the players to get over some of the animosity that had festered throughout the ASADA investigation.

Flanagan took exception to a question relating to*Matthew Wright’s comments, the former Sharks player who said he felt “badly let down by the Sharks’’, Flanagan responded: “I’m disappointed Matthew made those comments that the club let him down. If he believes that, it’s unfortunate.’’

Asked if he felt he had let anyone down, Flanagan said: “We are talking about season 2015 now. We have gone through paper after paper, comment after comment. We are concentrating on season 2015.’’

Asked when he would answer those questions, Flanagan fired back: “What questions? ... we have gone through that numerous times. We are talking about season 2015 and the return of the players. That’s what I’m here to talk about.’

Asked again when he would answer those questions, Flanagan said “What questions?’’Asked if he was sorry the club allowed players to be injected with illegal substances, he’d had enough. “Excuse me, I have gone through this all before. I’m not going to go over it again.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-on-asada-drama/story-fnp0lyn3-1227132741771

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Cant answer simple questions the media asks him and answers back to them with abuse.

Its obvious he is still not sorry with the supplements program and refuses to take responsibility for the program.

That shows how soft the nrl have gone to allow this jerk back to our game.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be pretty frustrating to not be allowed to get on with things, but what did he expect the media to ask?

Seriously he should have been prepared for this and if he was he could have handled it a thousand times better.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
nothing wrong with flanagan wanting to get on with next year at all. the whole thing is fkn laughable

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He should have copped a life ban.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He should have answered the questions and that would have been the end of it. If the media asked the same next time then he could say I answered this at the last media conference and I am focussing on 2015. The way he left it means the same questions will be asked again.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have been stood down by cronulla or done so himself... He is only going to bea negative influence for the team...

If cronulla had any brains they would have cut him and his entire staff loose and started fresh...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he is fed up to the back teeth, the media are not always that pure and honest.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Flanagan should stop his victims mentality, answer the questions professionally and truthfully.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan should stop his victims mentality, answer the questions professionally and truthfully.
Thats a pretty fair call would love to see if he had the balls to step up and speak the TRUTH

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get why he is so cut about it? He was at the club when this happened. Fact. Given his position in the club at that time the blame lies with him. Fact. It really feels to me like he feels really hard done by and just took the blame cause someone had to rather tha copping it cause he deserved it. James hird seems to behave in the exact same way.
So why is he suprised the media is still asking questions? FFS did he actually think this would just die at the expiry of the suspensions?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes lucky to be still coaching,he needs to lose his victim mentality

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He obviously wants to move on but the media want to sell stories so they'll keep nagging till they get it. He handled it terribly but fcuk the media too.

Status
Not open for further replies.