Reni Cent - In Da Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of curiosity does a charge in qld affect his good behaviour bond in nsw?
Police records a police record I believe?

Also does this fine spell the end of him with Morris coming?

A

Alexander the Great

Out of curiosity does a charge in qld affect his good behaviour bond in nsw?
Yes.
His bond here in NSW can be called up for a breach of bond but that's only when he had been charged and found guilt of the new offence.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whoa what? Trashing/shitting in noads office!?! Tell me more!!
Matey old news about that incident but I thought it was another more high profile guy at the time (or was there more than one that did the deed?)

Found this which goes into detail about some of his earlier indiscretions; the NRL themselves did not want to register a contract for him. How soon we forget all the things that have happened in the past. Certainly opened my eyes.

http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?35181-Reni-Maitua/page7

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reni Maitua, Tautau Moga and Sauaso Sue have been fined $10,000 each for their roles in a late night incident in Brisbane last weekend, the NRL announced.

Rugby League Samoa had already suspended each of the three players for one game – the Four Nations opener against England on Saturday.

The NRL's General Manager of Integrity, Nick Weeks, said the NRL will not tolerate player misbehaviour.

In determining the level of fines, the NRL had taken into account the salaries of the players involved.

"In other words, these are very substantial penalties for the players involved," Mr Weeks said.

"And we will continue to take a tough stance against players who damage the reputation of our game through these kinds of incidents."

http://www.nrl.com/three-samoan-pla...4/newsid/82674/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Latest
And ladies and gentleman there we have it.It does not make any mention of criminal charges but I suppose it does not really matter; as far as the NRL are concerned their behaviour was unacceptable and I believe Canterbury will see it the same way so the zero tolerance for misbehaviour of any kind will force their hand.Bye bye Reni.

Malla

Reaction score
Love Reni to death but he needs to go. If he is on 200k or so per year, then that isn't deserved. We are better off using that money for more back line depth. He won't get a start at all next year in the top 17 anyway.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Knew he was a party boy - but bloody hell ! Imagine employing someone on 250k a yr and not even ringing to explain why they arent coming to work today .
For this old dog - the hangover has just started

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I might still reserve my judgement until i see how much he had to do with the brawl, or whether he was just nearby. He might have just been trying to break it up, like players running in during on field brawls.

But if hes been an instigator id be very disappointed. I thought he went well for us in the short spurts we saw him in 2014, and thought he had turned the corner. I brushed off the taxi driver incident coz it was nothing, he basically argued with the guy, and shoved his arm, not a big deal imo. I hope for his sake he was not part of the cause of the brawl. You would think his NRL career would be over if so.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
guy is in his early 30s, you would have thought he finally matured when we gave him a 2nd chance and take it with both hands and not **** things up and but he just did.

I love the guy, he brings passion and aggression to our team but he needs to man up ffs.

The only option his got is perhaps a stint in the UK super league and just get away from everything

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's cooked. No matter what role he took in the incident. he would have been better served walking away from it entirely.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
the night club thing doesn't concern me but his forearm in one of our last games proved he is not mentally up to it imo.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a man child who shouldn't have been re signed in the first place. I was filthy when the club did.

He shouldn't have still been out in a club at 3am when he had training the next day. Most responsible grown adults would know this.

Tbh ill be glad to see the back of him

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The other thing is Moga and Sausao are young kids and Reni should have at least led by example

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to tread carefuly here.
Sure canning him would be justified and could free up some cap space as a bonus, but its well documented that he suffers from depression and we could end up looking like fucwits if we cut him loose.
Also theres his relationship with Moses to consider, if we punt Reni, Moses could chuck it in too.
Tough spot.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There are plenty of others who will take Moses under their wing.

Moses, Klemmer, and Lichaa are all REALLY close mates!!

Reni can't use mental illness as an excuse for rampant stupidity.

Thing is though, he has priors and won't get a visa into UK to play ESL. We have a duty of care to look after Reni whilst he is employed by the club. But Reni has a duty of care not to be a dickhead and take advantage of that. His "incidents" are all very similar.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not sure what he actually did, at the very least he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I'll keep reserving judgement on this till there is some actual detail to judge on.

N

Natboy

He has shown he just isn't up to being in the spotlight. As the captain of his nation he should be setting an example
If he could throw an elbow in a crucial game when sober I'd hate to think what he gets up to when drunk.

Being the club we are maybe we won't sack him all together due to his mental health and as much as I used to enjoy watching
him on the field I hope the club lets a young guy take his spot in the 2015 squad and offers him an off-field job that demands
he behaves and sets an example

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has shown he just isn't up to being in the spotlight. As the captain of his nation he should be setting an example
If he could throw an elbow in a crucial game when sober I'd hate to think what he gets up to when drunk.

Being the club we are maybe we won't sack him all together due to his mental health and as much as I used to enjoy watching
him on the field I hope the club lets a young guy take his spot in the 2015 squad and offers him an off-field job that demands
he behaves and sets an example
Just cut him loose, why set him up with a cushy career in an overpaid off-field job. Save that for a guy who really earns it.

Status
Not open for further replies.