Souths fans response to winning..

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

I lived in Sunset Ave, nice and close to there haha. Pop was one of the old blokes always with a souths hat watching the hawks when Scott Hill played. How good was he!
Know exactly where that is, my daughters have friends in Surfview Ave. Forgot about Scotty Hill. I remember the time he got smacked around the head with a fence post near the main street of Forster when he was back in town. Went to watch a few Hawks games this year, when Dogs games didn't clash. Mate they can draw a crowd. See Jamal Idris here too at times visiting Nan, not a lot lately though. How long since you been back up here?[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah outside the Ant Ranch, they got him good! I bet Jamal knows them :grinning:
I'm up there every couple of months these days visiting some of the family or fishing.
I know Green Point, my Dad got a bit carried away on his paddle ski and ended up lost in the pitch black, eventually stumbling into someones yard to use their phone to call us for a lift from Green Point & I did work experience when I was 16 with the Booti Booti rangers.
Lots of great memories up there and you live in a beautiful part of the world mate

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Know exactly where that is, my daughters have friends in Surfview Ave. Forgot about Scotty Hill. I remember the time he got smacked around the head with a fence post near the main street of Forster when he was back in town. Went to watch a few Hawks games this year, when Dogs games didn't clash. Mate they can draw a crowd. See Jamal Idris here too at times visiting Nan, not a lot lately though. How long since you been back up here?
Haha yeah outside the Ant Ranch, they got him good! I bet Jamal knows them :grinning:
I'm up there every couple of months these days visiting some of the family or fishing.
I know Green Point, my Dad got a bit carried away on his paddle ski and ended up lost in the pitch black, eventually stumbling into someones yard to use their phone to call us for a lift from Green Point & I did work experience when I was 16 with the Booti Booti rangers.
Lots of great memories up there and you live in a beautiful part of the world mate[/QUOTE]

About the only thing that stumbles into our yard these days are Deer from Coomba Park. lol

N

Natboy

Lots of great memories up there and you live in a beautiful part of the world mate
About the only thing that stumbles into our yard these days are Deer from Coomba Park. lol[/QUOTE]

Any good on the BBQ? haha

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
About the only thing that stumbles into our yard these days are Deer from Coomba Park. lol
Any good on the BBQ? haha[/QUOTE]

Don't know, only tried the snakes and goannas. lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any good on the BBQ? haha
Don't know, only tried the snakes and goannas. lol[/QUOTE]

I get up to Forster a few times every year too. Prefer Bella Bellissimo on the lake for a good meal.

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yup, we were the first ones fighting for them. We may have even payed the bill for some of their legal costs, too, although that's not confirmed. Just something I heard on the grapevine way back when.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I knew we were the only club to buy a table at $1,000 a head to bring them back in as well as other major help. So it was great for someone to bring this up as these two great club not only share history were friends compare to other rival clubs such as the Rooters / Beagles / Dronkeys etc

I am happy for them and so despite being down after seeing the dogs lose in 2012 & 2014 live in the flesh as a rugby league supporter ever supporters dream is to watch their team live in the flesh win a premiership!

So I have been blessed to see live in the flesh the dogs win 1995 & 2004 however that is 10 years now so it is a long time between drinks!

I saw on TV when I was young all the 80's grand finals then after 88 it seems to average every 8 year to win a comp. We need to win at least one in the 2010 - 2020 as we need to keep up to Manly who have won a grand final in ervey decade since the 1970's! Also I think they have won 9 now compare to our 8 so we need to beat them for not only pleasure but bragging rights! They are and always win be the team I hate the most your team and the team playing Manly. Even though the Rooters and the broncos are close behind !

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Bulldogs were a great club pre 2000's. The family club with a strong hardened steel about them on the field.

Since then there have been numerous scandals on and off the field that has made others hate the dogs and forget moments like the above. Good in others doesnt burn into memory as much as bad does , so for outsiders it is harder to judge on the good.

Des as a coach doesnt help with that. He loves to manifest the us against them mentality. With Des running the show and Ennis being himself and Reynolds brain explosions , its hard to expect other clubs to see the Dogs in a good light that the Dogs fans do.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs were a great club pre 2000's. The family club with a strong hardened steel about them on the field.

Since then there have been numerous scandals on and off the field that has made others hate the dogs and forget moments like the above. Good in others doesnt burn into memory as much as bad does , so for outsiders it is harder to judge on the good.

Des as a coach doesnt help with that. He loves to manifest the us against them mentality. With Des running the show and Ennis being himself and Reynolds brain explosions , its hard to expect other clubs to see the Dogs in a good light that the Dogs fans do.
Better to be loathed then loved brother, hate is a much stronger emotion so to know people are putting in more effort fires me up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.