Offside during golden point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
This image doesn't tell us anything really. The ref didn't blow a penalty so he demonstrated that he thought it was onside. In this image you can't see the ball so don't know how long since the ball player's foot touched the ball.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This image doesn't tell us anything really. The ref didn't blow a penalty so he demonstrated that he thought it was onside. In this image you can't see the ball so don't know how long since the ball player's foot touched the ball.
That image is perfectly timed for the play the ball. I sat with the recording frame by frame (sad as I am) and that's about the moment the ball was played i.e. when Reynolds was maybe 2m or so in front of the tryline.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ref didn't blow a penalty because he was never going to in that situation. He was clearly in front of the referee when the ball was played.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The ref didn't blow a penalty because he was never going to in that situation. He was clearly in front of the referee when the ball was played.
I agree, deciding the game and ending a teams season based on that was never going to happen

Manly players were offside during Reynolds field goal attempt was charged down too, but that's expected

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I would be in favour of Golden try than a field goal shootout.
Keep playing till a try is scored.
Would and should reward the fittest team

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be complaining in the media about josh being offside here, Is it just me or is it obvious that the ref has us back about 12m and not 10m? Happened all game tbh.

Good point, a saw this picture in the news but to be honest I totally missed that until you pointed it out...... news.com.au has this under the headline " Extra Crime: Proof Manly were ripped off " lol

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree, deciding the game and ending a teams season based on that was never going to happen

Manly players were offside during Reynolds field goal attempt was charged down too, but that's expected
....showing the losing team being offside doesn't sell papers though.

Also portraying the Bulldogs as "bad guys" gets papers moving as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good point, a saw this picture in the news but to be honest I totally missed that until you pointed it out...... news.com.au has this under the headline " Extra Crime: Proof Manly were ripped off " lol
he plays the ball about 2m behind the 10m line yet the ref takes us back to our goal line? Either the ref is a fcuking idiot or he done it on purpose.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No issues with the telegraph running this story as it was clearly a big play that led to Manly not kicking the field goal. But the story should also provide adequate context such as:

- When Hodkinson kicked the winning field goal in extra time, the manly marker starts sprinting towards Hodko before the dummy half has even touched the ball, and at least 1 or 2 of the Manly defensive line were also in front of the referee (who happens to only be back 10m, and not 12m like he was with us).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
he plays the ball about 2m behind the 10m line yet the ref takes us back to our goal line? Either the ref is a fcuking idiot or he done it on purpose.
The ref is a ****ing idiot who done it on purpose.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly were offside the whole final set in particular tackles 3 and 4. Mile off. In general play, offisde penalty. 6 again. Why werent the dogs hard done by here?

And even when hodko kicks that goal. The whole right side was in front of the ref.

but nope. Only dogs were offside and poor manly

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The haters are going to hate for the next couple of weeks, we will not blow this opportunity.

Waterboy
Reaction score
Happens every game - some teams do seem to get the raw end of the stick from the refs though and the bulldogs is one of those teams.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'll it should never have gotten to golden point, cause the strip on JR should have been awarded a try

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we have been ripped off plenty of times this year. it has to even out in the long run. move on manly and paper people.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be in favour of Golden try than a field goal shootout.
Keep playing till a try is scored.
Would and should reward the fittest team
Totally agree with you, golden try should be the way to go to decide a match.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll it should never have gotten to golden point, cause the strip on JR should have been awarded a try
Not to mention the blatant forward pass DCE gives to Horo 2 tackles before Foran's kick which Ennis fcuked up. Horo stopped expecting it to be called back.

Svoot

Waterboy
Reaction score
The entire refereeing of games during Golden Point and in the last 5min of a game is borderline match fixing.

I think it's time we got rid of Golden point altogether and just bring back 10min extra time for normal NRL games and 10min+Unlimited extra time for elimination/final games.
With you on that, I'm not really concerned by Reynolds being off side,yeah sure we may have got a penalty to win but yeah with fwd passes,hands on ball , etc.....either side could have got a penalty way before golden point. The refereeing is abysmal, and all sides get a rough deal then get some good ones. I'd like to see golden point punted for good......

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's just a clever, professional play by Reynolds. He prevented Stuart from kicking a field goal, because he knew there was no way ref would blow a penalty, right in front, during golden point of a semifinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.