(Syd ONLY) Open casting call - "Mesmerised"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Production staff from Endemol have been in touch and are looking for people who're interested in being part of a new show featuring famous hypnotist Peter Powers.

Requirments include ...

- Sign-up below.
- Audition
- Be hypnotised.

It's a prime time show, rated PG.

The flyer is here: http://imgur.com/e7MxlmL
The sign up form is at www.mesmerisedtv.com

It might not be your thing, but then again, you might also know someone this is perfect for.

Keep us posted if you're going.
:becky:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always been fascinated by hypnotism. Can't wait until it airs.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cynical bastard in me would love to challenge a hypnotist to try his best. Whilst mindful meditation and deep relaxation are beneficial (and real), I'd love to witness any "please cooperate" requests that go on for these entertainment segments.

Has anyone here been successfully hypnotized and have a first person tale?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my friends practices hypnosis to help people relax. It works but it only works if you allow it to, and if you are susceptible to it. It never works like you see on TV though. You're not going to get one suggestion and suddenly think everyone's naked. It more works for changing your state of mind to help your memory and to help kick a habit.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
[video=youtube;wG0Dp6Zf-V4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG0Dp6Zf-V4[/video]

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
not wanting to put people off but someone who was hypnotised on a cruise I was on didn't come out of it for ages and ended up in the doctors on board. Not sure if this is real or not but FYI

get_mesmerised

New Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, I am that staff member from Endemol.

We welcome skeptics to come in for an audition but JacobShade you're right in that if someone doesn't want to be hypnotised it won't work.

I have come to this being skeptical myself but have seen some very hypnotised people in the auditions. (They snap out when they leave the room though.)

The auditions are NOT filmed, take around 1hr 15min and consist of Peter going through some simple hypnosis exercises. We are doing sessions:

Tonight (Wednesday 24/9) at 5:30pm in North Sydney
Tues night 30/9 in North Sydney
Wed night 1/10 in North Sydney
Thurs night 2/10 in Penrith

Happy to answer more questions (though I'm obviously a little restricted) but please register at www.mesmerisedtv.com if you're interested. Also, feel free to pass on the invitation to anyone you think may be curious.

Cheers,

Adam

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Putting forth Josh Reynolds to be hypnotized to a better half.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The cynical bastard in me would love to challenge a hypnotist to try his best. Whilst mindful meditation and deep relaxation are beneficial (and real), I'd love to witness any "please cooperate" requests that go on for these entertainment segments.

Has anyone here been successfully hypnotized and have a first person tale?
If being totally pissed and open to suggestions counts then yeah :p

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Putting forth Josh Reynolds to be hypnotized to a better half.
Would be great if Josh could be hypnotized in thinking that he has the same skill set of Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston combined at least for the next two games.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of my friends practices hypnosis to help people relax. It works but it only works if you allow it to, and if you are susceptible to it. It never works like you see on TV though. You're not going to get one suggestion and suddenly think everyone's naked. It more works for changing your state of mind to help your memory and to help kick a habit.
Party Pooper :p

View attachment 21887

get_mesmerised

New Pup
Reaction score
It never works like you see on TV though. You're not going to get one suggestion and suddenly think everyone's naked. It more works for changing your state of mind to help your memory and to help kick a habit.
If you come along to one of our audition sessions with Peter (closed room, no cameras or audience) you may change your mind about that!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can hypnotize Miranda Kerr and Jennifer Hawkins to worship my penis I'll be a true believer

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well this **** is fake as shit rofl...

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hi all, I am that staff member from Endemol.

We welcome skeptics to come in for an audition but JacobShade you're right in that if someone doesn't want to be hypnotised it won't work.

I have come to this being skeptical myself but have seen some very hypnotised people in the auditions. (They snap out when they leave the room though.)

The auditions are NOT filmed, take around 1hr 15min and consist of Peter going through some simple hypnosis exercises. We are doing sessions:

Tonight (Wednesday 24/9) at 5:30pm in North Sydney
Tues night 30/9 in North Sydney
Wed night 1/10 in North Sydney
Thurs night 2/10 in Penrith

Happy to answer more questions (though I'm obviously a little restricted) but please register at www.mesmerisedtv.com if you're interested. Also, feel free to pass on the invitation to anyone you think may be curious.

Cheers,

Adam
So if I know it is bullshit it wouldn't work on me?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just go there an expose him lol, call him a fake and shit plus do the opposite of what he says to really expose this **** making money of this scam lol

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course its bullshit, only a ****ing moron would believe you could make someone act like a chicken unwillingly.
[video=youtube;M4w06yLx4Uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4w06yLx4Uc[/video]

get_mesmerised

New Pup
Reaction score
Yes! But if you go in and listen to his hypnotic suggestion then you have a fair chance of being hypnotised. We've had a number of skeptics through, some have been hypnotised, some not.

only a ... moron would believe you could make someone act like a chicken unwillingly.
Also true! You can't be hypnotised to do anything you don't want to.

It's not a scam, we're just looking for people who want to be hypnotised and entertain the audience.

There's nothing to expose - the reason we do the audition is because some people can't be hypnotised - obviously those people can't be used on the show, so we check first.

We're doing auditions in North Sydney and Penrith next week.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would not object to this being placed in bulldogs discussion for a few days to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.