Bookies give us no hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
If we beat the Storm I rekon we will play Manly Week 2, we can take them also
The confidence we wold gain by defeating Melbourne, would be that much, that the boys would lift and be primed to take on any one else, even if it's Souths. I think youre right though, If we can get past Melbourne, Souths or Manly are looking easier to beat than when we faced them before

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Well like almost everybody else in the rugby league world the bookies believe we are no chance this year.
Save your money I say.
Roosters = 3.15
Rabbitohs = 3.50
Eagles = 6.50
Cowboys = 7.00
Storm = 8.00
Panthers = 13.00
Broncos = 29.00
Bulldogs = 41.00
I'm going to throw a lazy $20 on the Doggies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The confidence we wold gain by defeating Melbourne, would be that much, that the boys would lift and be primed to take on any one else, even if it's Souths. I think youre right though, If we can get past Melbourne, Souths or Manly are looking easier to beat than when we faced them before
Just like the last time we beat the Storm in Melbourne where we went on to lose the next 4 games afterwards? :grinning:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Roosters went into the finals last season winning only 1 of their last 3 games. 1 of those losses being against the Titans who put 30 points on them.

Obviously form didn't count much for them.
The roosters had the minor prem wrapper up and were in cruise mode.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Just like the last time we beat the Storm in Melbourne where we went on to lose the next 4 games afterwards? :grinning:
true, but theres much more at stake here. They have no options, no more chances, no more excuses

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were 25.00 to win the comp in 1995
I recall reading the telecrap back in 1995 where they stated the dogs were out as much as 80/1 maybe that was during the 1995 season?

Anyway does not matter the point is that we can be underdogs and slammed that we can not scored etc I recall another moment about 10 years ago where they stated we could not score and we played St.George on a Friday night and we won 24-0.

So we love the underdog tag so we should play without pressure and let Melb feel there home ground expectation and rattle them.

Cam Smith will probably play however will he be as effective or just give the confidence for the others.

We need to score and rattle and bustle them a bit!

Come on guys they have Ben Roberts who only plays 1 good game in 5 years and Yes all ex canterbury players seem to play well and score tries against us ! Just not this week!

C'mon boys !!!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we beat the Storm I rekon we will play Manly Week 2, we can take them also
I agree with you Bakes. IMO our players have got the ability to win the first playoff, and beat Manly who I also think would be their next game.

The only thing we need to change for the full 80 minutes is our attitude.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can all dream boys, by the way I just dropped of jarrod hayne in north parramatta at the royal oak hotel, seems like he is still on mad monday

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
No one gave the Titans a chance, and they beat us against all odds from 18-0 down. Can you imagine the odds the Titans were at at Halftime?

As farfetched as this sounds, we're actually going into next Sunday's game with a near full strength squad. Only Kasiano realistically is missing. There's a fair few clubs at the moment in the top 8 that could only wish they've had as much luck with injuries.
Is Tim Browne back?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its ok guys, we've got it this week, well according to what ive heard around the traps...

* we always do well against the storm.

* 19 years ago we won the grand final from bad position.

* we were just kidding last week, and noone cared.

Due to the above undisputable facts I'd throw the house on the dogs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did u charge him double for not coming to the dogs lol

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In 95 when we won the comp i think we was 100/1 going into the finals. So its not impossible.
yep, even if we won the GF this year the 95 win would still be better. Manly's 22-3 season win/loss record was the best not to have secured the premiership.
Plus we had to beat the top 3 sides all in a row

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yep, even if we won the GF this year the 95 win would still be better. Manly's 22-3 season win/loss record was the best not to have secured the premiership.
Plus we had to beat the top 3 sides all in a row
Yes Agree I think if memory serves me correctly Manly were undefeated till Rnd 15 beating every team 13+ every week with a back row of Gartner, Menzies & Nik Kosef! However, Phil gould threaten to take his Easts side of at Brookvale oval which made Easts prevail and then 2 weeks later they even lost to Wests with Des Hasler I think playing for wests that year!

Yes another stat in my intro I forgot to say is if it were not for the Bulldogs St.george may have won 12 in a row we stop them in the semi final in 1967!

Yes we should not live in memories but in the current and future!

I say do not feed the boys for a few days cage them up and daggle some Melb Meat with images of Slater, Cronk & Smith & Co and then just before going out get Tommy Raudinikos to get them slapping each other and they will come out firing!!!

Bring back the "Dogs of War" Let's get Barking!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cowboys for jt
panthers for the under dog and i love matt moylan
melbourne coz i think they could beat the rorters and souffs with the refs against them

Status
Not open for further replies.